Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I had to explain this to my friends. FAL has something like 55 damage up close, and 35 at range. Using a Holographic site for some reason caps the bottom damage to 40, so even with a silencer it does 40 damage instead of 35. This is relevant because with stopping power, 2 hits with just a silencer would only kill if it was a headshot/whatever combo, ((.4x35)+35=49x2=98. With a Holo/silencer combo, it is (.4*40)+40=56x2=112. It pretty much makes the FAL the most deadly gun if you can use it, as only the Sniper class guns do more damage with a silencer.

The holographic also significantly reduces the M16 recoil.
I understand that, but why sacrifice a perk to silence the weapon when you're most likely gonna be using it from long range anyway? I usually roll with the Holo on the FAL as well because of the damage boost (same as all the ACOG m40s in COD4), but i marathon pro or SoH pro are such better perks to have overall. If you're playing a slower paced game, Scavenger is amazing.

And yes, the Holo on the m16 does amazing things. I got my 118-12 game using a Holo'd m16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I never got into using the SCAR. The slow ROF killed it for me.

Give it another chance, trust me. It's an amazing weapon, the power on it is disgusting. The recoil is extremely easy to manage, and once you get extended mags, it's about as overpowered as the GayCR.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I never got into using the SCAR. The slow ROF killed it for me.
Dude scar is ridiculous, it was the first gun I really got into with MW2. That thing is way over powered, the only thing wrong with it is the clip sizes but other then that the thing is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of New Vegas reviews. Normally huge releases like this, have been reviewed by now.

I'm not worried or anything...just a little surprised. May be an embargo on it, which is shady, but they normally sneak out.

edit...yah, midnight embargo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reviews are coming in...

The themes in all the reviews.

-Feels like an expansion, until you get to Vegas
- You'll love it, if you loved Fallout 3, plays exactly the same
- Great storyline
- Many of the same glitches/tech problems remain
- Some bad framerate problems in some areas
- Long loading times

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloading the game to your hardrive will really speed up load times. Just throwing that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The one review said it actually doesnt. He made note of that.

I dont have the space to install games to HD anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not loving what Giant Bomb has to say...obviously a patch is necessary.

Quote:
Let's talk about that engine. New Vegas runs on the same basic framework that powered Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and it brings a lot of technical weirdness up from those games. Less than an hour in, I was staring at a guard, pacing back and forth to guard his post... 20 feet off the ground. Enemies clip into the ground with an alarming frequency, often making them impossible to shoot. The game--a retail disc running on a new-model Xbox 360--crashed on me about a dozen times over the 33 hours I spent playing, often taking a significant amount of progress with it. The load times and frame rate seemed to get randomly worse as I continued to play the game, with some simple scene transitions taking 20 seconds or more. The technical hurdles you'll have to make to stay interested in New Vegas are meaner and more frustrating than any Deathclaw or Nightkin you'll face in the game. If you're the type of person who likes to watch for a patch or two before settling into a game, know this now: you probably don't want to play Fallout: New Vegas right away.
They gave it a 4/5 mind you. Looking past the bugs, it's supposed to be amazing. But of course, it sounds extremely bug ridden.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still getting it. Probably leaving the house in a few minutes. Agree about the engine concerns though. It's time for a better one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Reviews are coming in...

The themes in all the reviews.

-Feels like an expansion, until you get to Vegas
- You'll love it, if you loved Fallout 3, plays exactly the same
- Great storyline
- Many of the same glitches/tech problems remain
- Some bad framerate problems in some areas
- Long loading times
I was hoping that it would be different from Fallout 3 since it was by the original Fallout creators, and was even considering buying it. Then I read that it plays the exactly the same as Fallout 3. Looks like my money is going towards booze.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hoped they had fixed some of this stuff, seeing how F3 was so glitchy in the beginning.

Where is Tenpenny/Walter/Lucas Simms? They fell off the catwalk and died? COOL.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I fiigured it would just feel like an expansion, which is disappointing...but I'm still buying it in about 10 minutes. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got it. Had to drive an extra thirty minutes to get one of two collectors editions in the area left. It was worth it haha. The set of cards is really cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nice. I just picked it up as well. Gonna play in a few.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm liking it so far...the enemies move with much better fluidity. And the new enemies are pretty sweet. The way the Geckos run is hilarious.

It seems a lot darker than Fallout 3, however. I've had to lighten the display a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I like the action on the weapons. The Varmit Rifle's iron sights suck, but at least it has them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-19-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was clearing hard drive space the other day and I found 233 Fallout 3 save files that I had to delete individually which goes through like 4 screens and a yes/no prompt it took me so long I'm waiting to buy the new one just in case they didn't fix that and it crashes a lot so I have to save all the time.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I like New Vegas a lot. It's basically an expansion pack with 60 dollars worth of new content, but it's pretty damned sweet. I like it's aesthetic and the setting is very well realized. The combat has also been improved, which is good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Agreed...I mean, I played for about an hour. But I was really liking it. It def. feels like an expansion for sure, but it's good.

I didnt realize the magazines or books wear off now. I wondered why they gave me 10+ to my skills after reading them. It's because they wear off after like an hour.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-20-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Try to limit long play times, and save before getting near major areas, mine froze a few times last night around Vegas.

This game is harder, I had to face 8 hardened Mister Gutsys and 7 hardened Sentry bots........at level 8.

I found 2 safehouses so far, both quest related.

Gun runners=heaven on earth for a gun character.

Deathclaws are about absurd, I just decided to go the long way to Vegas.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Casltevania Lords of Shadow officially has the most pathetic story and story telling ability in this console generation. Finally finished it. On to Fallout, and thank god.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Just got mixed up with Caesars Legion. I've been waiting to do that for seven years, haha. They got me, but I had the group down to one thanks to the handy dandy fully repaired Cowboy Repeater I lucked into.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Cowboy Repeater is great.

I'm only 5 hours in, level 5.

I havent done much of anything yet...lots of exploring. Just helped out Beagle with a new Sheriff.

You guys have strategy guides or are you playing blind? I'm 100% blind on this. Everyone seems to play Fallout with a strategy guide. Maybe on my next playthrough, I'll look into some of the things I missed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

100% blind. That's the way to do it the first time through. I'm at a similar play time and level. Just helped Primm with a Sheriff, got them inducted into the NCR, which they don't see terribly happy about but I don't really care. I really need to up my combat skills though. I'm way too beefed up in science and speech. Also started with a high energy weapon skill, but the ammo is too valuable a commodity to start using now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Good man. I just did the same thing. I looked into the other option, the dude in the prison, but I didnt care for his tone. haha. He was in the prison because he took the law into his own hands one too many times and he planned on doing the same, if I gave him power.

Also, I have no idea why the helll the Powder Gangers started shooting me up, since I was in disguise. He and some of the others didnt seem to care, though. It was kind of weird.

All these factions and sub-factions have me just a tad confused in the early get go, admittedly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think I'm cozying up to the NCR this playthrough. They seem to have the right ideas, even if they are a bit forceful. The Legion guys I ran into had some interesting things to say, but I think if I'm playing a legit character the first time through I just can't go and support slavers. The Powder Gangers...eh. I went there with the intention of taking the Prison back, but there doesn't really seem like there would be any reward, or even recognition for it, so I'm letting them sit tight for now.

Of course, I haven't even been to Vegas yet. Probably won't go for awhile either. I have a good thing going on in the South right now and I want to see how far I can go with it until I go into the meat of the game.

So basically, so far, New Vegas>>>>>>Fallout 3. I'm enjoying this game a hell of a lot right now. It's got the same sensibilities and vibe to it as the earlier Fallouts did, which is a major plus. It also pretty much improved upon everything Fallout 3 did gameplay wise, especially with the combat.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-20-2010 at 09:30 PM.