Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gears 2 has grown on me so much. Only took two years...but yeah, my buddy and I have been playing online a lot recently, and I finally have it down pretty well. And it's still tons of fun. I could play all day if I could.

Although level 80s, 90s, and max level dudes dont seem too hard anymore. Yay.

Oh...there is still a lot of bitching about hosting and what not. How do you know if you're the host? I swear to god, I've never been the host of any game. I dont think my connection could handle it...I'm probably the host whenever my connection craps out right before we get going. That happens every now and then.
Is the matchmaking any better? I remember it used to take like fifteen minutes for me to find a game in Gears 2. Also, being able to shotgun people with your back faced to them wasn't cool either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I am looking at Headsets do to the fact that my speakers dont really allow for my roomate too sleep much, I looked at the Tritton Ax 720 and AX Pro models, along with Turtle Beach x11 and x41's I do believe. Anyone have any feedback on any headset you prefer?
Don't know what's available for the 360, but I use the SteelSeries 5Hv2 for my PC gaming needs.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Is the matchmaking any better? I remember it used to take like fifteen minutes for me to find a game in Gears 2. Also, being able to shotgun people with your back faced to them wasn't cool either.
The matchmaking still sucks...but you cant shotgun people unless you're pretty damn precise with the shotgun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mentioned it briefly in my earlier post, but as many of us have NBA 2k11 (and many of us aren't great at it) we should start an online league. I would be willing to start it but if someone else could it'd probably run smoother as I'm super busy this semester.

Now we just need to get MOTH to create another Sim League!

I'd be down for a league (fantasy draft!) even though I'm atrocious.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better ad? The Call of Duty with Kobe and Jimmy with the rolling stones, or the Halo one with the epic music and the Spartan running through the battle field with the bomb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Battlefield 2 came out at the perfect time, when everyone was getting sick of the glitches and bugs in MW2.
Don't insult Battlefield 2 like that. Battlefield 2 came out years ago and is still better than Bad Co. 2.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant Bad company. D'oh

Quote:
Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I meant Bad company. D'oh
Haha I know, I'm just a bit of stickler when it comes to Bad Company 2 being referred to as Battlefield 2.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Sorry, it's easy to mistake as I played like three games of Bad company 2 and thats about it. I still stand by my theory of how it got most of its users.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going through Fallout 3 for a 2nd time, having a blast. Does anybody recommend anything in particular I should look for? Like a cool easter egg, mission, weapon, etc.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alien Blaster for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been told that corpses don't disappear in Fallout:NV...meaning you can make a tower of corpses. Has anyone done this?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished Fable 3. I was so pissed at the end when it was like 120 days, and then all of a sudden you're knee deep in blackness. I still needed to raise another $3M or so. Getting 80k every 5 minutes I'd have done it by tomorrow morning, or I could have at least sold all of my **** to get the cash needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Going through Fallout 3 for a 2nd time, having a blast. Does anybody recommend anything in particular I should look for? Like a cool easter egg, mission, weapon, etc.
The only thing I would recommend is checking out the Metro even more, I still find new things down there.

I looked at the A40's, and the Tritton Pros typically got near the same score for about 100 less. (9.0-9.5 to 8.7-9.2)

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone down for some Reach tonight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I've been told that corpses don't disappear in Fallout:NV...meaning you can make a tower of corpses. Has anyone done this?
No but I've killed a group of people and come back a week later and 20-30 hours in game time and the scene is exactly as I left it. I'm pretty sure you can't though because corpse matter occupies the same space. Like I'm 95% sure I've shot a group of big horns and instead of stacking they were just a mass of 4-5 dead bodies occupying the same space.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I know most people will be pissed but there are rumors that gears of war is coming out for Kinect. It may be the sequel or a totally different game just for kinect, not positive yet. Ign has the article up.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know everyone thinks Kinnect is just for kids and old people, but I'm really interested to see how far it goes in a couple years, once mainstream developers really start learning the technology.

I bet we're gonna see some kick ass games.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I know everyone thinks Kinnect is just for kids and old people, but I'm really interested to see how far it goes in a couple years, once mainstream developers really start learning the technology.

I'm in this boat too. Yeah right now its mostly mini games and such but theres just so much they can accomplish with the technology. I'm more curious to just see how it goes, I'm interested to see how Gears turns out if it is true.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care if Gears has kinect controls, as long as it doesn't hinder or take resources away from controller based game development.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long until we see motion gaming an actual thing and not just gimicky sports games, fitness games, mini games, or a small portion of a button based game?

I'll say 2-3 generations from now. Like PS5 or PS6.
They need to:
-standardize the equipment more. It's got to be a pain in the ass developing for Kinect camera, Wii's gyro ball and IR sensor, and whatever PS3 has exactly
-stop using it when it's just there so they can say they used motion controls
-tighten up the controls. I'd rate responsiveness about a 0.5 out of 10 right now. The best games always have the tightest most responsive controls.
-either start selling peripherals with games, or make a bunch of standard ones and when you buy a game it says "gun controller required" or whatever

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

I agree. Most people thinks it's for kids or super casual gamers but if developers really take a hold of it they could do some amazing things with it.

That Star Wars game they're working on could be really interesting.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I agree. Most people thinks it's for kids or super casual gamers but if developers really take a hold of it they could do some amazing things with it.

That Star Wars game they're working on could be really interesting.
Yeah not going to lie, pulling force choke or lighting with my hands would be epic.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Walmart Black Friday Ad is out...

NBA 2K11 $29
Madden 11 $29
Medal of Honor $29
Red Dead Redemption $29
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $29
Smackdown vs Raw 2011 $29

inFAMOUS (PS3) $10
God of War Collection (PS3) $10
Killlzone 3 (PS3) $10
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3) $10
Call of Duty 4 $10
Prototype $10
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $10
Ghost Recon 2 $10

Halo Reach $35

There are a lot more on sale...100 something. Those are just the ones from the ad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Got my Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition in the mail today. Yay.

I'm nervous, though. I have 2.1 GB left on my hard drive and have a lot of DLC to download.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS