Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont get me started on Mass Effect 3. I'll probably disappear for a few more months when it's released.
If I have one hope for ME3, its that I will be able to go with a squad consisting of Agent Sarah Walker Miranda Lawson and Colonel John Casey Kal'Reegar.

If that were to happen, I probably wouldn't pick anyone else for any mission ever.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If I have one hope for ME3, its that I will be able to go with a squad consisting of Agent Sarah Walker Miranda Lawson and Colonel John Casey Kal'Reegar.

If that were to happen, I probably wouldn't pick anyone else for any mission ever.
I played through ME1 using only Tali and Wrex. I could have given two shits about any other characters by the midway point. Most drama-free group ever (Wrex's drama was awesome, manly drama).
Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I played through ME1 using only Tali and Wrex. I could have given two shits about any other characters by the midway point. Most drama-free group ever (Wrex's drama was awesome, manly drama).
All that needs to be said about Wrex;

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to post it the other day, but there was some majorly amazing Mass Effect 3 news announced. The amazing, Clint Mansell, will score the game. He is my favorite composer by far and I personally believe, the best in the business. Familiarize yourself with his work. I never thought he'd score a video game...this is just, amazing. My favorite video game series, and my favorite cinema music composer meshing together. I used to joke about this happening. YEA! So excited.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-11-2011 at 07:19 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear about that too. It is sort of cool that video games have the power to draw in big time Hollywood talent now. A little sad because I thought the last team who did the music did a great job, but as long as they don't change much I'm fine with it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked their previous scores, but Mansell is about as good as it gets. I love Aronofsky, but the first thing I think of when talking about Requiem for a Dream or the Fountain are the amazing original soundtracks. Mansell has a way of stealing a movie. And he really outdid himself with the Moon soundtrack. And while Smokin Aces was nothing amazing, the soundtrack and "Dead Reckoning" in particular, is great. This news just increases my excitement for ME3 tenfold.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect 2 won the IAA Game of the Year Award, nice! Glad to see game developers don't just feed into the Red Dead hype.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I really liked their previous scores, but Mansell is about as good as it gets. I love Aronofsky, but the first thing I think of when talking about Requiem for a Dream or the Fountain are the amazing original soundtracks. Mansell has a way of stealing a movie. And he really outdid himself with the Moon soundtrack. And while Smokin Aces was nothing amazing, the soundtrack and "Dead Reckoning" in particular, is great. This news just increases my excitement for ME3 tenfold.
I really liked The Fountain's score and the movie in general. Didn't realize he was the guy behind that score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Mass Effect 2 won the IAA Game of the Year Award, nice! Glad to see game developers don't just feed into the Red Dead hype.
That's well deserved. I have yet to play Red Dead Redemption, but the constant commercials and adverts got on my nerves just a bit and sort of skewed my view on it.

Going through Fable III while waiting for a good timeframe to start going through Dragon Age again. It's fairly meh, but the story is pretty interesting this time around at least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I really liked The Fountain's score and the movie in general. Didn't realize he was the guy behind that score.

That's well deserved. I have yet to play Red Dead Redemption, but the constant commercials and adverts got on my nerves just a bit and sort of skewed my view on it.

Going through Fable III while waiting for a good timeframe to start going through Dragon Age again. It's fairly meh, but the story is pretty interesting this time around at least.
RDR is a good game, it's just the way Rockstar makes games these days seems to be cut and paste. RDR did a better job mixing up the mission types than their previous games and a great job implementing story but I personally feel like it was a bit overhyped.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's another worthless ending.

if good:
1) buy everything
2) wait for personal treasury to build up
3) do everything you promised
4) fill treasury with own money
5) repeat
6) watch days jump from 400 -> 398 -> 350 -> 270 -> 0 or whatever idiotic jumps it actually makes.

so lame.
The cave sequence was better than anything I've played in a Fable game before. Aurora as a whole was cool.

Still, I think that game hurts itself by being British Humour: The RPG a bit, even though I enjoy it. Hard to take the storytelling seriously. Still, Fable has it's place as a game, even if it's just something to be disappointed by every three years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RDR is a good game, it's just the way Rockstar makes games these days seems to be cut and paste. RDR did a better job mixing up the mission types than their previous games and a great job implementing story but I personally feel like it was a bit overhyped.
The story was improved over the GTA stories, more or less. The sandbox, however, was the least fleshed out of their games. Even robbing a bank or train was, at best, gimmicky, buggy, and lame. You'd think in a western you'd emphasize those two things but instead they seem like a 12 year old made an addon with them.

Good game but not as great as proclaimed.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RDR was epic, probably the only game I have ever gotten teary eyed over... especially when this song popped up after the ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
LA Noire looks to change things up with some different mechanics, but I've never been a Roskstar guy so I'm still skeptical.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RDR had a few amazing ******* tracks.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lute Hero is going to save my kingdom in Fable III.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fable 3 was a major disappointment for me. I loved the first two games.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

MvC3 Tuesday!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anybody actually done the family gold membership for xbox live?

anybody know if it is restricted to only one xbox or not? i have an xbox for my gf and one for myself.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all the Fables were pretty disappointing. Way to short for me, I beat them in like two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been playing nothing but NCAA for the past three weeks or so. Such a good football game.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YFS NCAA is one of the sweetest games ever haha.

I have been rockin fifa for like the past week like 3 games a day.. haha
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I have been playing nothing but NCAA for the past three weeks or so. Such a good football game.

Yup, so happy I got it back. And nice sig.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
same here, pounding out 3 games with full recruiting a day

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
MvC3 Tuesday!
The roster is pretty weak this time. Liked MvC2's much better. Not so much that I hate the people in MvC3's, just not as big. You just know they have a lot of other coming through DLC too...sigh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Ya... No Mega Man, but Tron Bonne and Zero?! Viewtiful Joe?! She-Hulk (WEAK!)?!

No Juggernaut...yeah...majorly disappointing roster, but still should be great.