Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Struggling with keeping everyone alive through the fade?

So. BeerBaron - 1. Game developers who wanted to be tricky - 0.

**** yeah.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my friend is a lucky dick and found a cheat glitch. if you find the stone toe in kirkwall, you can keep pressing A to the dwarf that you end up giving it back to for unlimited xp and gold. he was level 6 but now is capped at level 50 and has way more than 100,000 sovereigns.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Struggling with keeping everyone alive through the fade?

So. BeerBaron - 1. Game developers who wanted to be tricky - 0.

**** yeah.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
24 hours in. I can't stop playing for some reason because I keep convincing myself it's going to stop being Side Quest; the Game. Hasn't though :/ It's actually sort of weird. I keep playing thinking that the massive reward story wise is coming soon and it just never delivers. I'm still running around collecting object A for lazy dickwad B the vast majority of the time and just sort of chilling in Kirkwall. Things happen, but I really don't have anything to do with them or seem to really have any option to give a ****.

In short; it's really, really boring and unrewarding. Keeps you salivating just enough to play onward though.

Also;
Stay classy Bioware and EA. You're supposed to be the good guys.

A lot of people playing this game don't really like it and while some of them are acting childish, some of the things coming out of the Bioware forums from official people connected to Dragon Age is borderline ridiculous and just as bad if not worse.

I REAAAAAALLLLY hope none of this touches Mass Effect 3.
I was reading into this a little. The story has caught on on reddit and a couple other places. There is a huge uproar over this, I think people may be exagerrating a little but many have promised never to purchase another Bioware title. There are a couple End of Line memes already spreading around as well. I still believe Mass Effect 3 will be a masterpiece.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if they actually follow through on removing someone's access to a purchased game because EA can't handle criticism, i'll be right with those people, no matter how much i may have wanted ME3. there's already a near zero chance that i'll buy any other EA-distributed game.
Oh, I do agree for sure. Sadly, I'm not that strong and would still have to purchase ME3. Hopefully they issue and apology and remove whatever clause it was that made this happen.

Last edited by Draft King : 03-11-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't give a ****, I'm buying ME3.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like that, I won't lie. I've lost a lot of respect for David Gaider as well as some of the other devs on the Dragon Age side. Not sure how this effects my purchases, but it certainly gives me pause.

I'm also REAALLY sick of them reusing maps. That's just pure laziness and not caring.

Oh, and they also illegally put SecurRom in the PC version, not mentioning a word of it in their aforementioned EULA.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

By the way, there is no way in hell I'm not buying ME3. EA could merge with Comcast and Skynet and start a war with humanity, and I'm still buying ME3.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my car broke down today and gave me a 3 day weekend. I've been playing DA 2 for 12 hours today and am still addicted. I've done every little crap quest so far and its been a great purchase.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
By the way, there is no way in hell I'm not buying ME3. EA could merge with Comcast and Skynet and start a war with humanity, and I'm still buying ME3.

Nothing like that would ever ha-

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Dragon Age II save is corrupted for no reason. Officially, **** this game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My Dragon Age II save is corrupted for no reason. Officially, **** this game.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....I'd be PISSED. No extra saves anywhere? Or are they corrupted too?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

That sucks, man. Another reason for me to be glad I have it for the PC.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I found a way around it luckily, but I'm very mad. Not an HexBox thing, the game loaded into the Qunari compound saving and just froze. Save was unreadable. I accidentally saved to my hard drive instead of the memory card recently anyway, but I thought I was screwed given that when I did that I went through and deleted some of the extra saves hanging around. Dodged a bullet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

On the PC, I just save so often. I can't tell you how many save files I have for my current playthrough. I'm constantly hitting F5 to quick save and make a static save a couple times each session. On consoles, I just don't save that often because it can be a hassle.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Games that autosave a lot tend to have that corruption issue I've noticed....

I always keep two manual save files on hand and alternate between overwriting them. That way if something ever happens to one, like it gets corrupted or I mess something up in the game, I can go back to the other one.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i've finally noticed some issues with graphics. i get heads with invisible bodies walking around in the hanged man and a few other areas. i have been playing for 15 straight hours and am not on my hd tv right now though.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i've finally noticed some issues with graphics. i get heads with invisible bodies walking around in the hanged man and a few other areas. i have been playing for 15 straight hours and am not on my hd tv right now though.
As have I. Characters will "flicker" for me during dialogue scenes....is that happening for anyone else? It's kind of annoying and makes the game look a little rough.

I am on an HDTV with a slim 360 if that makes a difference.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent had any graphical problems yet, also on an HD TV.

I havent been able to play a lot recently. I did start the Deep Roads, however. I've enjoyed this quest so far. I'm still pretty disappointed as whole, though. I'm hoping things will pick up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I havent had any graphical problems yet, also on an HD TV.

I havent been able to play a lot recently. I did start the Deep Roads, however. I've enjoyed this quest so far. I'm still pretty disappointed as whole, though. I'm hoping things will pick up.
It seems kind of cyclical....

Side quests galore, then something like the Deep Roads where it gets a little bit different (and harder) and advances the "main story" then back to side quests side quests side quests....
Old 03-12-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Singeplayer MMORPG.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-12-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That's a solid analogy.

I'm really hoping for something substantial to happen soon...

..the "Haunted" quest was kind of cool at least.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't worry, things look like they'll pick up multiple times and then don't. The game is a straight up tease.

I did however kill a High Dragon before I was supposed to today on my first try(like a boss, obviously).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Don't worry, things look like they'll pick up multiple times and then don't. The game is a straight up tease.

I did however kill a High Dragon before I was supposed to today on my first try(like a boss, obviously).
I did it on my first try too.....Dragons seemed much harder in the first game...
Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I'm like 30 official hours in....the method of gameplay remains the same, but damn this stuff is tragic. I think it's actually doing a great job of building the character up to Champion level. I feel like I've definitely earned it. I'm liking Isabela's story a lot more. Isabela and Varric are my main two backups. Occasionally I play as Varric so I can one shot kill most crappy thug characters from distance. I do feel cheap sometimes when I'm running away from bosses and buying time until I can use another potion. I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if I can use my two rogues to go into stealth to heal without being attacked by a boss type character. That way if my random mage and main warrior character goes down I can still have 2 party members that can heal at will and chip away the boss without real danger.

Prowler's Newb Guide