Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Kotaku...

GTA 5 will be in Los Angeles and will feature multiple playable characters over different/varied/personal campaigns. Not too sure how I feel about that. I'd prefer one main story. I'd just imagine, one central narrative would make for a stronger story...but we'll see. When I first heard "multiple playable characters", I thought they meant within the same campaign. Jumping from one playable main character to another. Like how Gears 3 just did at times, and other games have done in the past.

edit...it still may be multiple playable characters over the same campaign. That would be better, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 07:32 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If you play King of the Hill those issues aren't problems!
I just have way more fun playing TDM.

I actually care about my kill/death ratio in this mode. Not so much in KOTH.

I may suck at this game, but TDM is just a more hardcore mode, and more fun, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
so amazon ****** me, ordered BF3 off there because they had release day delivery...but it's still in ******* nevada
Its cool...EA servers are down right now......I just beat the game and was ready for some multi. Reminds me of Modern Warfare 1 right now. I just hope it doesn't take a week for them to get their **** together and have solid matchmaking.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
GTAIV was my favorite GTA. Can't wait for the GTAV trailer next week.

5-6 hour campaign for BF3 is a joke. Just another reason for me to wait for a price drop/origin sale.
What were you expecting? Most FPS' don't have single player campaign that is are longer than 10 hours these days. I mean, if you're main purpose for buying the game is to play the campaign it might not be the right game for you haha. Almost the emphasis for the game is on multiplayer.

It has also has a co-op mode too, fwiw.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so amazon ****** me, ordered BF3 off there because they had release day delivery...but it's still in ******* nevada
Contact customer service. They'll give you another $20 credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What were you expecting? Most FPS' don't have single player campaign that is are longer than 10 hours these days. I mean, if you're main purpose for buying the game is to play the campaign it might not be the right game for you haha. Almost the emphasis for the game is on multiplayer.

Yeah, the Battlefield 3 campaign being short really doesn't bother me at all. Heck, anything about the Battlefield 3 campaign wouldn't really bother me. You buy a game like that for the multiplayer almost exclusively. It's a nice thing for them to add, but not entirely expected that it's not the greatest thing in the world. The Bad Company 2 campaign was pretty good though. But yeah, haven't touched the game yet because I want to beat Dark Souls first...but I've been stuck on a boss for 4 days now haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

4 days? lol

That sucks.

As for more GTA...I'm fine if it's Los Angeles, but I still cant get away from how awesome Las Vegas would have been. A lot of people are still holding out hope for Vegas, Vice City, San Andreas, or even D.C. But Kotaku seems pretty firm on the fact that it will be L.A.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just have way more fun playing TDM.

I actually care about my kill/death ratio in this mode. Not so much in KOTH.

I may suck at this game, but TDM is just a more hardcore mode, and more fun, imo.
I care about my K/D in KotH and it's still really high!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I will probably never touch the campaign stuff.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I care about my K/D in KotH and it's still really high!
I dont. lol. Too many kills from people just standing still in the circle. It doesnt take as much skill. Not that I have much anyway. lol. But I just care about getting the W in KotH. I just kamikazee for the break all the time. I dont even pay attention to my KotH K/D.

K/D just isnt important in KotH.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I dont. lol. Too many kills from people just standing still in the circle. It doesnt take as much skill. Not that I have much anyway. lol. But I just care about getting the W in KotH. I just kamikazee for the break all the time. I dont even pay attention to my KotH K/D.

K/D just isnt important in KotH.
I'd beg to differ. Not that my win ratio is misleading, because it is over 1.5. My K/D is pretty constant through all game modes at around the 2.0 mark.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's KotH, though. Most of the time it's just a cluster ****. People just running in the circle and taking out multiple dudes with a sawed off. The aim of the game has nothing to do with K/D. It's all about the points. I dont care how you get em, as long as we win.

K/D is more important to Execution/Warzone/TDM

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's KotH, though. Most of the time it's just a cluster ****. People just running in the circle and taking out multiple dudes with a sawed off. The aim of the game has nothing to do with K/D. It's all about the points. I dont care how you get em, as long as we win.

K/D is more important to Execution/Warzone/TDM
When you get a **** tonne of kills, caps and breaks like I do, it's all good. The aim of the game isn't killing of course, but you can easily earn your team a win by roaming the map, picking people off.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 days? lol

That sucks.
It does suck. Really, really bad. The rest of the game I really didn't have any problems with, dying one or two times max per area...but this thing is absolutely brutal. I've figured some things out and have it to a point where I'm going to get past it with a good run...but the worst part is that it takes a good five minutes to get up to the boss each time you die...with clever maneuvering needed too haha. But yeah, pretty brutal stuff....but strangely enjoyable as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bad save points? I cant stand having to replay an area over an over.

This game is probably really going to piss me off when I finally play it. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Contact customer service. They'll give you another $20 credit.
How should I approach this, angry customer or reasonable

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 days? lol

That sucks.

As for more GTA...I'm fine if it's Los Angeles, but I still cant get away from how awesome Las Vegas would have been. A lot of people are still holding out hope for Vegas, Vice City, San Andreas, or even D.C. But Kotaku seems pretty firm on the fact that it will be L.A.
I wouldn't be surprised if "L.A." actually turns out to be San Andreas, which consisted of the equivalent of L.A., San Francisco and Las Vegas.

As for multiple main characters, I think it could be pretty epic if done right and the story is top-notch. Would be awesome if in the beginning of the game none of them know each other and their paths cross over the course of the game and possibly even team up in the end.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well they actually said Los Angeles, opposed to that San Andreas mash up.

But I would certainly love to be able to visit Vegas.

edit...and also, I agree about the multiple characters, if it's done that way. That's what I'm hoping for. But others are saying, your main character will just be different to start the campaign.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
How should I approach this, angry customer or reasonable
That's the question isn't it? I would probably go reasonable, but I could see angry having better results haha. A nice, stern middle ground might be the solution.

Quote:
Bad save points? I cant stand having to replay an area over an over.

This game is probably really going to piss me off when I finally play it. lol.
They wouldn't be bad if I didn't keep getting my ass kicked haha. I've got to to a point where I'll eventually win with a perfect run...but that perfect run has yet to happen. I really should look into doing co-op with someone to try to make it easier...but pride haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh I know it's mainly a multiplayer shooter, I've been playing Battlefield since 1942. I used to lan it with a bunch of friends. They hyped up their campaign a lot more than they ever did with any of the Bad Companies though. I thought if the campaign was good it would allow me to overlook my massive disappoint with their multiplayer and buy it sooner rather than later.

And even 10 hours would be preferable but 5 hours is just unacceptable.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-25-2011 at 07:44 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Oh I know it's mainly a multiplayer shooter, I've been playing Battlefield since 1942. I used to lan it with a bunch of friends. They hyped up their campaign a lot more than they ever did with any of the Bad Companies though. I thought if the campaign was good it would allow me to overlook my massive disappoint with their multiplayer and buy it sooner rather than later.

And even 10 hours would be preferable but 5 hours is just unacceptable.
If you play on hard it will probably take you a lot longer than 5 hours haha. Hard is pretty brutal if you don't play smart and constantly take cover.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it also has a decently long coop campaign that adds a few more hours. so we'll say 9-12 hours overall depending on how stupid your partner is/difficulty.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughghh god dang severs still down. I knew there was something wrong when @ midnight all I could play was TD.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I should get BF3 but I just can't pull the trigger on it. Especially if the servers are so fluky.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 10-25-2011 at 08:47 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I installed the hd content and all, but the BF3 single player looks like ass. Rage graphics blow this game out of the water.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

servers are down or some **** this is ******