Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell are all the MW3 reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's probably my path. I'm off today at noon so I can get everything done I need to and take a nap mid day. Right after the game tonight I can go to Wal-Mart. Which btw, why do people so go to GameStop?

It's crowded, confusion, lines, a wait, among other things. I stroll into Walmart at midnite and I'm gone 3 minutes later. I'd rather not trade in any games to get it if I have to deal with GameStop that night.

AK is the last, or 1 of the last guns on here again, but luckily we start with the M4 so that's what I'll run with early on.

Anyone wanting to jump on some MW2 today just cause hit me up. MetSox I have a different connection now that I'm not in my campus apartment so my LAN is open.
When are you getting on? I'm free today from now till like 6, then from 7-11 free again before i go get mw3. I'm down to wreck ****, let's go!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
only in Paris can you rob around 12,000 copies of a game with only tear gas and knives...at least carry a ****ing gun...weenies.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I have off Tuesday and Friday of this coming week. Midnight release, play all day Tuesday, as much as possible the next two days then all day Friday. Hopefully I'm in the 30's by Monday(plan on stocking up on Double XP Dew & Dorritos). After that I'll be done "no-lifing" it as they say.
I feel like such a nerd. I think i could do 30 levels by the end of Tuesday. :/
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm gonna move the MW3 talk to the MW3 thread, Jvig, i posted a review that i found.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Been playing Enslaved...it's not bad. Not as great as I thought it would be, but it's a solid title. My only real complaint would involve the platforming, it's not the smoothest.
I loved Enslaved. The gameplay isn't the best in the genre, but the art direction and production values are right up there. It's a short game, but it's one of my sentimental favorites.

Bioware released a teaser image about their next project today, which will be revealed at the awful Video Game Award thing Spike does. I'll probably trick myself into watching it again.

Looks like a shooter. Not altogether surprised that's the direction they're going in....but it's slightly disappointing nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, could be a good game...but not exactly what I want from them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That character model and artistic style look straight out of Brink.

You could do better, Bioware.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm gonna move the MW3 talk to the MW3 thread, Jvig, i posted a review that i found.
I was unaware it was one, good stuff. I'll move talks there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Looks like a shooter. Not altogether surprised that's the direction they're going in....but it's slightly disappointing nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, could be a good game...but not exactly what I want from them.
Not surprised, either. Bioware has been moving closer and closer toward action shooter games, which is really disappointing. Started with ME2.

Really sucks. They know they can sell a lot more boxes and take a lot less time in development for more action-based games rather than take the time to create great RPGs, so that's what they're doing now, I guess... Good job ruining a great developer, EA... You've struck again.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That character model and artistic style look straight out of Brink.

You could do better, Bioware.
I really liked the art style of Brink. Didn't end up buying it because I heard it had some pretty serious issues, but that doesn't offend me. But it's a real small sample size haha. Totally could be just about anything.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever it is will likely be replacing Mass Effect as the shooter RPG, but who knows.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect isnt ending at ME3 at all. The Sheperd story is ending, but there will be more games.

I thought Brink just looked completely uninteresting and I didnt care too much for that cartoony looking style, either. And I'm growing pretty tired of the post apocalyptic type setting. Now, this may not be what this image is portraying, but from the image alone, I'm not excited for this.

This game announcement could be just as anticlimactic as that Overstrike game. bleh.

Moving forward, I'm not really too excited for many new IPs, that arent already established sequels.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been playing Enslaved...it's not bad. Not as great as I thought it would be, but it's a solid title. My only real complaint would involve the platforming, it's not the smoothest.
Alex Garland wrote the story.

LOVE his books.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm always willing to give something new a shot. I get far more excited about new properties than I do about established ones, in general anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Not surprised, either. Bioware has been moving closer and closer toward action shooter games, which is really disappointing. Started with ME2.

Really sucks. They know they can sell a lot more boxes and take a lot less time in development for more action-based games rather than take the time to create great RPGs, so that's what they're doing now, I guess... Good job ruining a great developer, EA... You've struck again.
EA really hasn't done anything. This has been a constant trend for BioWare to branch off purely from it's pure RPG roots for quite some time now. It started with Jade Empire which retained a lot of RPG elements but was a basic style fighting game. Then it went to Mass Effect which was a shooter, but still influenced by its RPG roots. Mass Effect 2 had fewer RPG elements, but was still an RPG at it's core. ME3 looks like it will really emphasize the shooting element to the game though.

A lot of people don't like it, but I don't personally don't mind it. I feel like anytime a developer is willing to step out of their comfort zone and try new things it's always positive. BioWare used to only be about hardcore RPG's but now they're trying to add some new styles of genre to their arsenal.

They've also set up a new development team to handle this game, so it's not like they won't be producing their classic bread and butter RPG's. I think the only really big mistake they've made is Dragon Age 2. They completely messed with the mechanics of the game and combat for the sake of I appeasing more casual fans.

Still, they have TOR which is a pure RPG in every sense of the word (an MMO, though). I think it won't be long before we see another hardcore style RPG from them. Whether it be a new IP or a continuation of an older series.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I'm always willing to give something new a shot. I get far more excited about new properties than I do about established ones, in general anyway.
Something new, sure. But when everything starts to look the same, it doesnt really excite me too much. That image doesnt look like anything new to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh, everything is derivative of everything. Original ideas are extremely rare and executing them right the first time around is even more of a rarity. It's all about putting your own touch on something. I'm not excited by the picture...but I'm certainly not turned off by it either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Eh, everything is derivative of everything. Original ideas are extremely rare and executing them right the first time around is even more of a rarity. It's all about putting your own touch on something. I'm not excited by the picture...but I'm certainly not turned off by it either.
I don't have any issue with a developer stealing Brink and making it a good game. There were only a few redeeming qualities about the concept, but Bioware could churn out a monster.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh come on. it's not like they're a metal band trying to add blues elements to their songwriting. they see all the people who buy every single cod/mw/whateverfpsclonecomesnext release by the million and they want some of that. mass effect was a far better and more interesting game than anything in that genre will ever be, and there are a million other places they could go and still do a smart game if they wanted to. but why should they? most gamers don't want that. they want an online fps (that will be relevant for the next 3-4 months until the next one comes out). so bioware's slowly but surely obliging. just like nearly every other 'big' studio.
I do think there's something to be said for this, even though I try to keep a moderate stance. What's happening with games right now is similar to what happened with Hollywood. There's not really any good way to stop it so long supply and demand dictates that people want military first person shooters. The problem with games is that production costs are so high that it's impossible to get something comparable to a AAA title's production values from small studios(except for Hawken) so we don't really have a whole lot to choose from. I've enjoyed a lot of the first person shooters that have come out in recent years, but I would appreciate it if the volume of them didn't interfere with other things coming out. That's happening, unfortunately. I really don't blame the companies for chasing the huge dollar signs, but it is disheartening to see the people who made Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect go in that direction(if that's the case).

Of course, if you wanted to play devil's advocate, the late 90's/early 2000's were over-saturated with fighting games...and before that it was platformers. Slightly different, but still. Plus, this is really the wrong time to be launching an IP. New consoles are coming out in within the next two years. If I'm a company looking to do something new, I'm aiming for a good three years down the line.

....plus, there's the elephant in the room. Japan **** the bed this console generation. For a variety of reasons, but it happened.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

EQ ruined MMOs. UO pre-pub16 for life (many will say pre-earlier version than that, but 16 was the last straw for me...complete game breaker). WoW is just an evolution of EQ.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we know for a fact the screenshot indicates a shooter? It could just as easily be a vehicular combat game!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing MW3 with Devin Taylor too cool....

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Do we know for a fact the screenshot indicates a shooter? It could just as easily be a vehicular combat game!
That's even worse...

Because we're talking about Bioware here...not the direction I want them going in.

I'm not a fan of vehicular combat myself, anyway. These games are fun for a whole 5 minutes before they grow stale, imo. And RAGE just did this same thing essentially.

This Wasteland and barren desert location stuff is just getting really played out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least they aren't messing up current franchises. No Darth Revan first person adventures. (instead they make it so that most of the original fan base won't play it because they don't like to game on computer anymore)Or Jade Empire battle cards.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Haha, I would love another Jade Empire. I think they would have to approach it the right way, but the first one was quite good despite not hitting on all cylinders. The art direction was seriously cool and the gameplay was really fun as well. I think that's one they could do a ton better on if they revisited, with technology allowing for bigger set pieces and more detail. They're also quite a bit more experienced with real time combat as well, so that could be seriously cool.

But yeah, I'm not going to pass judgement until we see something concrete...or really until I get a chance to play it. Just way too early to do that, even if it does look like Fall of BorderRage. Just a piece of concept art.

R.I.P. Junior Seau