Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Wait, you pulled that off? God damn man. That's pretty impressive. I've given it a few shots and haven't been able to kill him the first time, except in New Game Plus(Killed him in three hits. Very satisfying haha). Major props on that.

There's defiantly a learning curve, but it's seriously addicting. I have other games I could be playing right now and can't put it down.
It took like 20 minutes, but I got there haha. One or two hits, then roll back when he attacks, then roll forward when he's preparing to attack again, hit him once or twice, and repeat like 50 times. Each hit takes away 2 or 3, but the hammer is awesome and huge.

Right now I'm trying to kill a horned monster with two swords.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's some serious ****. Congratulations. I'm going to have to do that on one of my times through the game. I started over as Deprived for the early game high stat total, but it's proving the be a bit more of a challenge than I realized initially having no armor. There's not really anything worth buying at the start of the game either....but I got the Drake Sword, so I can pretty much kill most of the guys I'm running up against with solid contact, but taking hits really hurts. Think I'm going to get some try to get a Katana and do some kind of build involving that and try out some PVP.

As far as the Capra Demon goes, I had a pretty easy time with him. The dogs make the fight a bit challenging, but I ran up the stairs and they followed me there and he spazzed out at the bottom. The only attack you really have to worry about is when he puts those two swords together and does the slam attack thing. That can easily break your guard with a low stability shield. He telegraphs all his attacks and I was wearing light armor, so I was able to roll around him and whack him with my Battle Axe.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyrim is breaking street date in Australia. Seems like every game has been breaking street date here lately.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Skyrim is breaking street date in Australia. Seems like every game has been breaking street date here lately.
I'm getting it tomorrow at midnight but won't be able to play til Friday after work (about 5). I am beyond pumped.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm intimidated by Skyrim. I'll be grabbing it soon, but it scares me.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably have it preloaded tomorrow via Steam... FML
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of "XBOX 720" rumors lately.

The one the other day said it would be smaller, less expensive and running Windows 9 on an ARM processor.

But the rumor today from tech reporter, Paul Thurrott, is that the next XBOX will be going the Apple route and they want it to integrate very tightly with Windows 8 and Windows Phone. He also goes on to mention that it's due out for the holiday season of 2012.

All rumors/hear say, until Microsoft confirms anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be yelling at Dragons sometime around Christmas. Haven't decided which platform I'm buying it on yet though. One Blu-Ray as opposed to multiple DVD's could be attractive, but I've heard the game is only 6.5 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lots of "XBOX 720" rumors lately.

The one the other day said it would be smaller, less expensive and running Windows 9 on an ARM processor.

But the rumor today from tech reporter, Paul Thurrott, today is that the next XBOX will be going the Apple route and they want it to integrate very tightly with Windows 8 and Windows Phone. He also goes onto mention that it's due out for the holiday season of 2012.

All rumors/hear say, until Microsoft confirms anything.
Yeah, I heard that too. The "less expensive" part really doesn't thrill me so much. If they can get costs down significantly, great...but you've got to amp up the horse power a bit. Neither does the ARM processor thing, as those have traditionally been for mobile devices. Certainly not what you expect for demanding media applications. But we'll have to see how things shape up. Integrating with Windows 8 could be potentially cool, but meh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-09-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isnt Skyrim only one disc on the 360? Pretty sure they said that way back in August.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

It is on one disc. Somehow.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I'm shocked it's that small given the scale of the world and the textures. Bethesda has never been known for technical wizardry either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-09-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just want Fallout 4 from Bethesda. :D

The fantasy genre runs hot and cold with me. Elder Scrolls is pretty damn nerdy, imo. Oblivion didnt floor me, or anything. But I def. enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm still very much more excited for future Fallout games over Elder Scrolls games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I want an RPG in the style of Fallout 3 set in a zombie apocalypse - a realistic one.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That would be interesting. I'm all zombied out, personally. But those games def. sell well. Resident Evil is the only "zombie game" that I ever really kind of look forward to.

As for something else...

Quote:
Brendan McNamara, writer and director of The Getaway and L.A. Noire, is making a video game based on what he's described as "one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century."
Quote:
Speaking to the former Team Bondi boss at the Bradford Animation Festival 2011 Eurogamer reports McNamara hopes to be able to talk about the game within a matter of weeks.
Quote:
"It's pretty interesting," McNamara told Eurogamer. "It's one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century. So I think it'll be good."
Quote:
McNamara said the project would be of a similar scale to L.A. Noire.
Of course people know that Team Bondi, the developers behind L.A. Noire, has since been shut down. Mcnamara has apparently built a new team up and is currently shopping this idea around. L.A. Noire's facial tech is actually owned by an Austrailian company called Depth Analysis. A company that he holds shares in. So he will still have full access to the technology and plans to use it in this game.

And as for the future of L.A. Noire. Rockstar released a comment expressing how important the franchise is to their company. Sounds good for a sequel. Any future games in that series would be Rockstar developed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved LA Noire so I would enjoy a sequel set maybe in NY or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

McNamara will have a hard time finding a publisher and funding after the circus the Bondi thing turned out to be and LA Noire's 7 year development time. I'm very interested to see what he's shopping around, but I'm not all that optimistic about it being made haha. LA Noire well could have been cancelled without Rockstar's intervention.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-10-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think if someone will put in the capital in the beginning they'll be fine. Rockstar weren't involved with L.A. Noire in it's initial years of development which I think was probably the cause of a lot of problems. As long as the idea is good I'm sure he could find a publisher.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think if someone will put in the capital in the beginning they'll be fine. Rockstar weren't involved with L.A. Noire in it's initial years of development which I think was probably the cause of a lot of problems. As long as the idea is good I'm sure he could find a publisher.
I could still see it being problematic. They owed 1.4 M in employees at the end of development and all accounts are that the entire development process was a nightmare. We'll have to see.

Anyone else get into the new Dashboard beta? I got lucky once again. Not sure when it drops, but some of the new streaming video options look kind of cool. Not digging the interface though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
1 more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Batman: Arkham City is going to be $28 at Walmart Black Friday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Batman: Arkham City is going to be $28 at Walmart Black Friday.
any othergood video game deals?
Old 11-10-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
any othergood video game deals?
It's still really early yet, but as for some Black Friday Walmart deals...

Bioshock 2 = $10
COD 4: Modern Warfare = $15
Kinect Sports = $15
Kinect Sports: Season 2 = $15
Heavy Rain = $15
Uncharted 2 GotY = $15
Little Big Planet 2 GotY = $15
God of War 3 = $15
Batman: AC = $28
Battlefield 3 = $28
Black Ops = $28
Fifa 12 = $28
Madden 12 = $28
Gears 3 = $28
Forza 4 = $28
inFAMOUS 2 = $28
Killzone 3 = $28

KMART has a deal next week...buy one full priced game, get one half off. I may get Skyrim and AC: Revelations since they're included in that deal.

All games at Kohl's will be 30% off on Black Friday...so all $60 games will be $42.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-10-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh **** BF3 28 dollars mutha F
Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to work on Black Friday :/ If I believed in God this would be where I ask him to protect me from the viciousness that is black friday shoppers.