Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm if you read up on 1 and 2 you should be fine. It just you'll miss out on the experience, money shouldn't be a big thing for 1 and 2, used they are like 21 dollars together, but time is another thing.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that its best to go through all 3 because decisions and actions that you do in each carry over and stuff. The idea of that is too big for me man. I feel like I would constantly need to use a guide every step of the way so I didn't miss something cool or some unique part. I have the 1st one but I only got maybe 2 hours into it and I haven't been back yet.

If you look hard both games should be super cheap like bhaarat said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shepard dies at the end. Haha I seriously have no idea tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Shepard dies at the end. Haha I seriously have no idea tho
You dumb ass don't tell the ending even if it that is true.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling he's being an ass. I pretty much expect it to end that way though. Or at least have that as an option ala DA:O.

Anyway, a few early thoughts on the game without spoilers:

The story feels intense right off the bat. That's a good thing.

I keep getting lost. I feel like a definite attempt was made to make each area a bit less linear, but it's almost a bit of overcompensation. And a lot of times the answer is really obvious, it just might take you a while to see it. (Like me and my earlier struggles with the vehicle lift...)

Also, I feel like there is just less...stuff...around. Or maybe it's all less obvious. For example, in 2, if there were a hackable computer in the area, the "interaction" icon would pop up even if you were across the room and 2 floors down. You couldn't miss anything. Now, you could be 2 feet from something and if you're not looking directly at it, it's easy to miss. I think that' why I had such a problem finding the vehicle lift switch...I ran by there at least 5 times in my rage.

I got the one paid DLC and it gives you a Prothean beam rifle that recharges itself instead of using ammo. I need to stop using it because it's too powerful. Although it with Incendiary Ammo is rather fun. It's about the closest thing you could get to a flamethrower.

Now I need to go to bed....damn work. It took everything in my power to pull myself away from the game. I'm hooked.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mulitplayer for me3 is like Halo:ODST the one with wave of enemies but not as smooth.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After everything Cerberus did to me Miranda has the balls (or best ass ever) to ask me for a favor?

**** it I'll do anything for dat azz.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my weapons guy is....

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-06-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played for 3 and a half hours today. So far, my squad only consists of Liara, Ashley, and Vega. Taking it slow, just taking it all in. I cant wait to run into my old squadmates, especially Garrus. The Normandy is so cold and empty in my game right now. Brought ole Dr. Chakwas back on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So my weapons guy is....

lol. Bioware snuck that in rather nonchalantly. Kind of funny.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Played for 3 and a half hours today. So far, my squad only consists of Liara, Ashley, and Vega. Taking it slow, just taking it all in. I cant wait to run into my old squadmates, especially Garrus. The Normandy is so cold and empty in my game right now. Brought ole Dr. Chakwas back on.
New page.

And yeah, I love Joker as well. I was hoping he would have more to say when I first met up with him again, though.

But alas, I'm loving the dialogue and actions between Shepard and Ashley. Well done.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
You dumb ass don't tell the ending even if it that is true.
I havent played a single ME game, which I posted a page back, and you failed to read the white text. Now fix your grammar and watch who you are calling a dumb ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I wish I didn't need sleep or money so I could just play this ******* game 25/8
Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Goddamnit

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very minor spoilerish about Ash and Miranda

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm rocking the prothean armor. So legit.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kicking myself for never picking up the ME franchise, I think I'm going to start ME1 this weekend. Approx how many hours of gameplay do each of these games offer if I stick mostly to the main storyline?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm kicking myself for never picking up the ME franchise, I think I'm going to start ME1 this weekend. Approx how many hours of gameplay do each of these games offer if I stick mostly to the main storyline?
I just replayed them and did EVERYTHING, and each game took me like 25-30 hours. 1 is easier to just stick to the main story, but it's very, very wise to do more of the side stuff in 2.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

**** work, I want to go home and play some more....I should have taken this Friday off instead of next Monday. Oh well, a 3 day weekend with nothing else to do? Can't wait.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going to finish off ME2 today and buy the game later this afternoon. Got class later tomorrow so hopefully I can get a chance to start tomorrow morning. Very pumped. So far, how would you guys compare it to the first two games? Better/worse? I'd say I liked ME1 slightly more than ME2. I missed the Citadel big time in the 2nd one, although Omega was pretty cool.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I think I'm going to finish off ME2 today and buy the game later this afternoon. Got class later tomorrow so hopefully I can get a chance to start tomorrow morning. Very pumped. So far, how would you guys compare it to the first two games? Better/worse? I'd say I liked ME1 slightly more than ME2. I missed the Citadel big time in the 2nd one, although Omega was pretty cool.
Definitely closer in feeling to 2.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I think once I'm done with this playthrough (yeah, I'm thinking that far ahead already,) I'll dust off my old Renegade Infiltrator Shep who had a relationship with Liara.

Seriously, **** work. I'm not going to get a damn thing done anyway because I just want to get home and play some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm also constantly worried that i'm missing things.
Same here. I explained on the last page about how things are less obvious now, like med kits and weapon upgrades and things that give you money. In 2, you could see them from across the room, now you need to be like 2 feet away and looking right at them for the "interact" window thing to come up on them.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 03-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
**** work, I want to go home and play some more....I should have taken this Friday off instead of next Monday. Oh well, a 3 day weekend with nothing else to do? Can't wait.
You have any vacation? Might seem lame but I like to take off a few days for a new release that I know for a fact I know I'll be playing a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I plan on starting ME2 this week! Yay me!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and the stupid LT/RT 'events'! i got punched out by the worthless reporter, because i wasn't paying enough attention to them and because i couldn't tell the different between the paragon/renegade options. bleh.
I hate those...I usually set my controller on my lap to pick up my drink or check my phone while there are talking scenes. 2 got me in the habit of not doing that in case an option came up.

And I totally punched out that ******* reporter. I would have just kept swinging too if given the option. And this is supposed to my Paragon Shep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You have any vacation? Might seem lame but I like to take off a few days for a new release that I know for a fact I know I'll be playing a ton.
My work is weird in how we do vacation (and in a lot of other ways too...) For every 40 hours we work without taking a vacation day, we get 1.5 hours added to our vacation total. I had like 50 hours saved up (I took like 3 vacation days all of last year) so I took next Monday off to get some tax stuff taken care of. But I'll also be using it to sleep and play **** tons of ME3.