Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Turian Batman himself.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what in the **** is this?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/kin...-time-6369635/

I'm Han Solo
Princess in a Battle
Empire Today
Ain't No Hologram Girl
Disco Boogie

what the **** is wrong with the world?

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 04-03-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17626125

I'm still wary about how good it might actually be, but new FREE ME3 ending DLC to come this summer.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17626125

I'm still wary about how good it might actually be, but new FREE ME3 ending DLC to come this summer.
Better than nothing right? At least they are trying to right the wrong.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh, i don't need a happy ending. i just want an ending that makes bloody sense.
Agreed. That and some closure.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody read the leak on Halo 4? Game sounds like absolute trash, and I'm praying it's fake. They can't do this to my beloved franchise, especially after the disappointment that was Reach.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm going to be the BeerBaron of Halo 4.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I've never played a Halo. I'm just not into games that focus on multi-player...the last things I ever played online were Warcraft 3 and Counter Strike in high school.

I just don't like dealing with people's ******** on line.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh dealing with people's **** isn't so bad anymore with mute options. Plus if you have a ton of friends to play with it beats campaign for me any day of the week. Not to mention campaign is ******* always pretty awesome in all the Halo games. Halo 1 campaign is ******* amazing with co op. So many awesome moments.

And no worries Bulldogs, I'm pretty certain Halo 4 is going to go back to what worked in the previous installments instead of the bull **** reach engine. The mechanics in Reach are just so stupid. I have hope for 4 tho. Also I see your on, if you don't feel like playing mlg I'm down to kill some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Eh dealing with people's **** isn't so bad anymore with mute options. Plus if you have a ton of friends to play with it beats campaign for me any day of the week. Not to mention campaign is ******* always pretty awesome in all the Halo games. Halo 1 campaign is ******* amazing with co op. So many awesome moments.

And no worries Bulldogs, I'm pretty certain Halo 4 is going to go back to what worked in the previous installments instead of the bull **** reach engine. The mechanics in Reach are just so stupid. I have hope for 4 tho. Also I see your on, if you don't feel like playing mlg I'm down to kill some people.
Some of the leaked info so far:

- Instant respawns
- Ability to join games already in progress
- Loadouts will remain
- Power weapons spawn at different times and locations (to take away an edge from veteran players)

They are doing whatever they can to cater to the garbage COD fanbase and ditching their roots.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://jmstevenson.wordpress.com/201...mass-effect-3/

Really great article on the ME3 ending.

I like this comparison:

Quote:
Imagine Frodo, dangling the One Ring, over the fiery chasm of Mt. Doom. He turns, and says, “The Ring is Mine!” and slips the One Ring onto his finger.

Suddenly he’s whisked into a universe contained inside the One Ring, an entire world trapped in the essence of the ring. He meets the Keeper of the Ring, an ethereal spirit who has dwelled within the ring since its creation and now Frodo must make the ultimate sacrifice. He has to become the ring, in order to destroy it.

How many people in the theater, watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, would have stood up and said: “What the **** is this ****?”

All of them, that’s how many, and do you know why? Because it introduces a new element that, by its very existence, shatters everything we, the audience, have come to understand about the world of Middle-Earth. If the Ring possesses a consciousness, why didn’t it destroy Sauron? Why is the Keeper of the Ring only now showing up when Frodo has put the Ring on before? Why does Frodo have to die to destroy it?

See throughout all three movies of Lord of the Rings we came to understand the universe, and how it worked; the rules and limits the characters were forced to work under. The Ring was a corrupting influence but could make the wearer invisible, it could only be destroyed in the fires of Mt. Doom, and Sauron created it. Suddenly introducing a new element, right at the end of the story, puts everything the audience knows into doubt including everything they enjoyed about the movie before the horrible ending came. That is exactly what happened with Mass Effect 3.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Some other gems:

(I'm just not bothering with spoilers...the ending is terrible.)

Quote:
According to the literal Deus Ex Machina we meet, he created the Reapers, a species of Synthetic life forms, to destroy all organic life every 50,000 years to prevent organics from creating synthetic life that will eventually kill organics. What kind of circular ******* logic is that? Is this AI stuck in some kind of feedback loop? It’s so impenetrably convoluted that it defies all attempts to try and rationalize it, so you know what? I’m not even going to try, I’m just going to let it sit there like the failure of basic human reasoning that it is, and let it think about what its done.
Quote:
Yet now Shepard goes completely against his character and accepts everything the AI is telling him, despite the mind boggling circular logic he employs. Shepard doesn’t look for another option, or even ask a single solitary question. I mean, not only is this against his character, it’s against human nature. If some mystical god thing landed in your backyard, said you have three options to make the world a better place, but you have to die to make it happen our first instinct would be to say: “Wait…what was that last part?” I mean sure, many of us would be willing to make the sacrifice if necessary, but I think we’d all want to know why we had to die before we did it. Apparently not Shepard, he just can’t wait to throw himself into an abyss:
Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love when people complain about **** and don't even get their facts right. They weren't destroying all organic life. Humans, Asari, Turian, etc were spared when the Protheans were destroyed. They were wiping out advanced civilizations.

LOTR comparison was awful.

Organics are chaos, synthetics are order. Reapers were used to bring balance to the universe for the organics' well being. There must have been some sort of cycle or event that the child being couldn't prevent, using the Reaper cycle as solution for the greater good. That's how I view it. I actually liked the ending, minus a couple of loopholes or my confusion on a couple of unexplained things.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 04-08-2012 at 11:17 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Bulldogs we can stop being excited about Halo 4

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222537p1.html

This is bull ****. Instant respawns? Are you ******* kidding me? Armor abilities still? Jesus I'm tired of these useless armor abilities. Deep down I knew 343 would **** this up when they came out with that anniversary halo one pack and instead of redoing the multiplayer they just made some more halo reach maps. Lazy *****.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah Bulldogs we can stop being excited about Halo 4

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222537p1.html

This is bull ****. Instant respawns? Are you ******* kidding me? Armor abilities still? Jesus I'm tired of these useless armor abilities. Deep down I knew 343 would **** this up when they came out with that anniversary halo one pack and instead of redoing the multiplayer they just made some more halo reach maps. Lazy *****.
Hate to say I told you so.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also did you see the forerunner vision addition? Seeing through walls are you ******* me? I guess this means were never going back to what made Halo so awesome to begin with.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Also did you see the forerunner vision addition? Seeing through walls are you ******* me? I guess this means were never going back to what made Halo so awesome to begin with.
I'm tired of developers trying to appeal to the COD fanbase. Sure, they'll play your games for a couple months. But guess what? They'll go right back to the "newest" Call of Duty the minute it comes out and forget all about you. Halo needs to realize who it's core gamers are, the ones who will be playing the same games for years on end.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The worst part about it, is most people will be happy and content that these changes are catering to Cod. Kids without skill could get kills in Halo once reach came out because grenades were so over powered and abilities gave them cheap ways out of death rather than enhancing the game play. And now were just going to continue down that road Reach started of catering to mediocre players. I want to be able to ******* 4 shot someone without them going into power lock or having my aimer get so big when I shoot that I can't head shot on the 4th shot. People see through walls? How is that going to be fair for objective based games? I just don't get why they feel the need to change things up like this, Reach is easily the worst Halo and didn't have the fanbase any of the other games had. I just am raging so hard right now, let's just go destroy and burn down 343 studios.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats the whole point to get kids to spend 60 dollars every 5 months. They don't care about the game no more, its not about the art, its about the money.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
thats the whole point to get kids to spend 60 dollars every 5 months. They don't care about the game no more, its not about the art, its about the money.
It'd be even more frequent than that if the industry leaders had their way.

It'll get worse with the ability for the next gen systems to reject used games. Almost every game I have for the 360 I bought used.

Typically, I wait a few months on most games to see if it's any good, then buy it used at 1/4 or 1/3 of it's original price.

If I lose the ability to do that and this trend of dumbing down games so that every bro can just "pick up and play" continues, I may be done with games forever.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GameFly would be screwed nice and hard if that really happens.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
GameFly would be screwed nice and hard if that really happens.
The older generations who run the various big companies and government just do not understand how things work in the real world right now. I've long since come to this conclusion, and I just pray that they don't damage things beyond the point that they can be fixed when people who grew up with things like video games and the internet come into power.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I love when people complain about **** and don't even get their facts right. They weren't destroying all organic life. Humans, Asari, Turian, etc were spared when the Protheans were destroyed. They were wiping out advanced civilizations.

LOTR comparison was awful.

Organics are chaos, synthetics are order. Reapers were used to bring balance to the universe for the organics' well being. There must have been some sort of cycle or event that the child being couldn't prevent, using the Reaper cycle as solution for the greater good. That's how I view it. I actually liked the ending, minus a couple of loopholes or my confusion on a couple of unexplained things.
How an you like the ending when you had to make it up yourself? Actually that kind of makes sense, good luck to you I guess. I wish I still had an imagination, then I could make believe that ending away as well. It sucks being stuck with what was actually there.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RE6 got moved up to October 2nd.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
How an you like the ending when you had to make it up yourself? Actually that kind of makes sense, good luck to you I guess. I wish I still had an imagination, then I could make believe that ending away as well. It sucks being stuck with what was actually there.
What did I make up?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote