Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Problem with my xbox. Can't figure out what, here are the symptoms.

1. Upon start up, nothing appears on the screen.

2. The ring of light is not red, but when starting it up it doesn't turn green as it should. The green power button in the middle is the only thing lit up.

3. It does not recognize controllers that are plugged in. I tried with wireless, which also didn't work.

I've checked all the cables. I can't figure out what the problem is. Anyone able to help?
Bumping. Anyone know?
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bumping. Anyone know?
Is the switch set to HD on a non HD tv? I don't know if that has the controller problems however.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Is the switch set to HD on a non HD tv? I don't know if that has the controller problems however.
Unless somethingh has been changed, no. How would I check this?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's on the AV plug where it plugs in to the 360.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Nevermind, figured it out. I took out the hard drive and put it back in, that did it for some reason.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a switch on one of the chords for your xbox. I had a problem like that once and the little switch was the problem.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nevermind, figured it out. I took out the hard drive and put it back in, that did it for some reason.
That is weird and I have never heard of that before.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bumping. Anyone know?
Its up now but it'll go down there is an AV problem with your xbox i had it with mine. Soon everything goes purple and green and then soon no picture.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell do I even get this damn thing fixed? ugh. It used to be you call 4myxbox and you get someone on the line...now, it's telling me to do it online.

1. there site sucks
2. It says online repairs are currently unavailable

Brilliant.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-23-2009 at 08:25 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, my box is on the way, I guess. Problem I have now is that my lable I need to print out is going to be sent to the wrong e-mail address, despite me changing that e-mail address on their site like 5 times. ugh. They also had one of my previous mailing addresses and phone numbers...despite me changing those last time my 360 got the red rings. What a mess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Resident Evil 5 Demo is up on Xbox Live as is the F.E.A.R. 2 demo. Fun demos.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Resident Evil 5 Demo is up on Xbox Live as is the F.E.A.R. 2 demo. Fun demos.
Wow. I need to find a way to get Xbox Live to download RE5. I cannot wait for that game.

I am in the 3rd year of a fantasy draft franchise. I have Calvin Johnson, Chris Wells, Matthew Stafford. Pretty awesome.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Anyone play a lot of gears 2? Most of my friends play cod.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play Gears... i hate the one spawn a round thing but it still rocks.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Yeah, I think territories is a lot more fun unless you're playing with a group of friends.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well, my box is on the way, I guess. Problem I have now is that my lable I need to print out is going to be sent to the wrong e-mail address, despite me changing that e-mail address on their site like 5 times. ugh. They also had one of my previous mailing addresses and phone numbers...despite me changing those last time my 360 got the red rings. What a mess.
I feel your pain, I have to send in mine (again ). It's this kind of **** that makes me wish I invested in a PS3. I've grown up with all kinds of Video Game systems, and the 360 is by far the pussiest out of all of them. I've had a TV set fall on my N64, my Dreamcast fall down onto a tile floor from 2-3 feet up, my gamecube/ps1/ps2 get bumped numerous times....and all of them never had a problem. I haven't done anything to my 360, nothing, it's in a place where it's in the open and can breath. It's never been, bumped, dropped, or physically damaged in any way, yet it's the only system i had to get fixed (and now twice at that).
Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Yeah, I think territories is a lot more fun. Execution is more fun when you're playing with a group of friends.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I feel your pain, I have to send in mine (again ). It's this kind of **** that makes me wish I invested in a PS3. I've grown up with all kinds of Video Game systems, and the 360 is by far the pussiest out of all of them. I've had a TV set fall on my N64, my Dreamcast fall down onto a tile floor from 2-3 feet up, my gamecube/ps1/ps2 get bumped numerous times....and all of them never had a problem. I haven't done anything to my 360, nothing, it's in a place where it's in the open and can breath. It's never been, bumped, dropped, or physically damaged in any way, yet it's the only system i had to get fixed (and now twice at that).
Well that's what comes with a more advanced yet delicate system. I do agree with you though with the 64's. Man, those things are troopers. I bought mine in 6th grade, and to this day i can pop in Golden Eye or Perfect Dark and play with my brothers.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play a lot of Gears. Basically Horde and territories. I never get matched up fairly in territories though and it kind of pisses me off.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

what was the process that you went through...I'm trying to figure this **** out.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got done playing a lot of Headquarters on CoD4. My eyes hurt.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we have so many Gears fans on this site when the game is 4th on Xbox Live behind COD5, Halo 3 and COD4? Not complaining, it's just a weird representation of the true population. Football --- Gears....I don't see the connection.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
what was the process that you went through...I'm trying to figure this **** out.
Well they changed their phone process. You cant even get a live person unless you randomly say, "customer service representative". So yeah, call 1-800-4MYXBOX and as soon as the automated chick starts talking...say, "customer service representative", and this will lead you to an actual person. Just tell them you got the three red lights and they'll guide you through the process. They'll eventually send a box to your house and e-mail you a shipping label...Then you'll ship out your 360 in the box w/ the printed out label on it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-29-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well they changed their phone process. You cant even get a live person unless you randomly say, "customer service representative". So yeah, call 1-800-4MYXBOX and as soon as the automated chick starts talking...say, "customer service representative", and this will lead you to an actual person. Just tell them you got the three red lights and they'll guide you through the process. They'll eventually send a box to your house and e-mail you a shipping label...Then you'll ship out your 360 in the box w/ the printed out label on it.
Yeah, last time (my *** ass 360 broke down) I did it by phone, but when I called for repair this time they told me (automated) to go online and do it. This online **** is killing me so I guess I'll have to do your "trick" and ask for customer service. Thanks for your help, hopefully the customer service doesn't tell me to go online and do it.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, last time (my *** ass 360 broke down) I did it by phone, but when I called for repair this time they told me (automated) to go online and do it. This online **** is killing me so I guess I'll have to do your "trick" and ask for customer service. Thanks for your help, hopefully the customer service doesn't tell me to go online and do it.
They wont...I thought they would do that but, luckily they still do it over the phone. I had the same problem...the online process is down or something, so there is no way to do it that way. Just ask for that customer rep and you'll be fine. It was so much easier before, I know.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS