Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,878
Reputation: 1951739
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

he friggen bit someone lol not just anyone but an officer man he mustve been mad to bite someone
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 26,498
Reputation: 1514409
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The NFL should just kick this bum out of the league and set a precedent so players know that they can't do whatever they want and continue to get away with it
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hendersonville, VYisaGod
Posts: 9,295
Reputation: 128139
smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The NFL should just kick this bum out of the league and set a precedent so players know that they can't do whatever they want and continue to get away with it
If there going to kick him out, then there going to need to kick the other half of the NFL out.
__________________

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
If there going to kick him out, then there going to need to kick the other half of the NFL out.
They should kick out everyone except Cutler. :)
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hendersonville, VYisaGod
Posts: 9,295
Reputation: 128139
smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
They should kick out everyone except Cutler. :)
Cutler doesn't need a team, he is THE TEAM.
__________________

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Pacman is a gangsta, too bad that's not his job. Just play some damn football.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 762
Reputation: 55
ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The NFL should just kick this bum out of the league and set a precedent so players know that they can't do whatever they want and continue to get away with it
The NFL can't give the guy no penalties at all and than all of a sudden kick him completely out. You could treat him like a steriod abuser, 4 games, than 1 year and well, Im geussing there out after that but its just a geuss.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 919
Reputation: 155
rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I actually think he could get 1 yr on this instance. They will certainly take his past history into account, not so much for drug violations but just contacts with law enforcement making the league look bad. I also think the new Commish will want to take a hard line stance to show he ain't screwing around.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 509
Reputation: 93
Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Your argument for calling me a hypocrite is just ridiculous. Your whole idea of a judgement is whacked out. Making the judgement that Calvin Johnson is a great NFL WR prospect is very different from making the judgement "Pac-Man Jones is a bad person" and you know what Im talking about when I say that people dont have the right to judge Pac-Man. If youve ever heard of the straw-man tactic before, thats exactly what youre pulling here. I say that you shouldn't judge the entire character of a person, and then you twist my words and build on them to say that no one can ever make a judgment and therefore we wouldnt be able to make arguments or have opinions. Its just BS. Stop trying to win the argument and actually listen.

And im pretty sure Pac-Man has 0 DUIs so where did that come from? Just something you would assume he would do? And even if he did, it still doesnt make him a bad person, it just means he is having that much more of a problem with controlling himself. And I never made a judgement on Pac-Man as a person, I only argued that people who don't know him shouldn't make a judgement on him based on what they hear in the news about his off-field problems.

BTW, to the guy who said have I ever met anyone I couldnt defend. Try my older brother. I got mad love for the guy, but he is a messed up person and I dont want to go into detail about it, but the point is I know him very well and I do have the right to judge him, because I shared a room with him for almost 20 years and know him like you would expect I would know my brother. On the flipside, I refuse to judge Pac-Man because he is a player who I know nothing about except what he does on the field and what the paper writes about him. Maybe if I spent some time with him and got to know him and he was to open up to me, I would be able to cast some kind of judgement on him.
So explain to me how exactly you're not making a character judgement yourself. Further, where exactly did I say he was a bad person:
Quote:
What more evidence do we need to form a judgement about him being 1. an idiot and 2. a detriment to society?
__________________

Last edited by Bohleive : 03-03-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 287
Reputation: 144
jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Another one bites the dust
__________________

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,004
Reputation: 177569
OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I actually think he could get 1 yr on this instance. They will certainly take his past history into account, not so much for drug violations but just contacts with law enforcement making the league look bad. I also think the new Commish will want to take a hard line stance to show he ain't screwing around.
It will be heavily disputed by the NFLPA though, as he hasn't actually been convicted of anything since entering the league as of this day, and if he escapes conviction from the biting-an-officer incident for whatever reasons (after all, it WAS a year ago, kinda shaky if you ask me), he probably still won't have any as I'm not sure anything is going to be possible to prove with the Vegas incident, particularly given nothing has happened yet despite claims from the owner that they have "low resolution" video proof. I don't think they'll be able to suspend someone for a year based on close calls myself.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
eastside49er
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Pacman is a moron. How much is too much? Honestly. He should be suspended for at least a year, if not 2. If he doesn't get into trouble with in those 2 years, then let him back in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're judging them, something you just said i was a *#^*&^#$( idiot for doing. wonderful work there.



please quote where i said i was perfect. please quote where anyone has. please quote where i, personally, have said anything other than "if guilty" except in response to the moronic hypothetical situations you've posed.

having trouble? can't imagine why.

sorry, i guess everyone in prison is really just a truly wonderful person. the dude around the corner who tried to beat up my sister? he's just misunderstood. i shouldn't judge him because i have no idea what it's like to want to hit a girl i don't know. he's probably a wonderful person. the guy who shot darrent williams? fantastic guy. i mean, i shouldn't judge him just because he tripped, fell and fired multiple rounds into an SUV that probably shouldn't have had people in it anyways.

you have yet to present a single argument that isn't utter bullhockey. you have yet to do anything but whine and kick an d scream that people are judging people for *gasp* breaking the law and suggesting that *gaspgasp* if they did, in fact commit murder, they should go to prison for it. i know that's an f'ing MASSIVE leap, and realistically, you're right, our society would probably be FAR better off if we didn't send those guys to prison, and just gave them a hug and more ammo. that'd be awesome. i mean, totally. why should we EVER hold ANYONE accountable for their mistakes, ESPECIALLY when theyr'e millionaire athletes? they can't be held accountable for doing dumb things. let's all hold hands and sing fricking kumbayah.

i'm done. you've presented nothing of substance. your argument is pathetic. your presentation is a joke. you've said nothing worth listening to in this entire thread.
there you go again. We're talking about Adam Jones, a petty criminal who has done what? Got in a couple confrontations at clubs where he was partying, had some weed in his house, aledgedly bit a cop in the finger. Yeah, a real freakin menace to society.

Yet you insist on bringing in serial killers, terrorists, racist dictators responsible for genocide and the guy who caused your family distress by beating up your sister.

Where is the connection?

Honestly, I read your post and I wonder WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? When did I say lets not hold Pac-Man accountable? When did I say WE SHOULDNT PUT MURDERERS IN JAIL????

Address my points stop putting words in my mouth. Stop trying to tear down my argument by making the ridiculous argument that unless I stand up and defender Hitler I have no right to say not to pass judgement on anyone. Hitler is the most extreme example you could possibly bring up. I guess unless I

Ive said all along Pac-Man is screwing up and making poor choices and if the NFL decides to take a hard line and suspend or him the Titans cut him, he has no one to blame but himself. So stop putting words in my mouth.

You miss the entire point. Who said you cant judge his actions? Not me. You can say "it is stupid for him to be putting himself in the situations he has put himself in" or like his dad said "he is out of control right now". Id agree with that. But you dont do that. You are judging him as a person. You are saying "he is a joke of a human being. I am a better man than him". You dont know anything about him except his brushes with the law, as if that defines who he is. As if that is the only measuring stick that a man should be measured with. Like I said, I can judge my brother because I know him, Im not judging him based on a few incidents, Im judging him based on 20 years of experiences with him. How can you possibly make the argument "I am a better person than Pac-Man Jones because he's broken the law and I haven't" Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And by the way, not everyone who is in prison is a bad person. You are not a better man than all of them. If you think you are, that only supports my point. And you being someone who has never been to jail, who are you to judge? I have been to jail and it was a lot of good dudes there. It is a ****** up place, but its a lot of good dudes in there. Thats not to say theyre all good, but some of them are, and you cant just judge someone and say they are a bad person just because they went to prison. I go to NA meetings sometimes, not because Im an addict and not because I even use narcotics, but I attend them sometimes. According to you, it is a room full of scumbags, because after all they all break the law all the time, it is a felony to possess the narcotics they took/take daily. I'll tell you off top those are some of the best people I have ever met. But a guy like you would just judge them not even knowing them.

You didnt call yourself perfect, not in those words, but you talk about yourself as if youre without fault. Adams Jones did A, B and C and didn't do those things therefore Im a better man than him, as if you havent done some wrong things in your life, as if you dont have problems of your own.

Really, all you do in your posts is say ridiculous things that have nothing to do with the argument Im making and then you say I havent said anything and my argument is ridiculous and that you cant talk with me and then I respond and then you come back with the same response saying that I am not making sense and then coming back with a bunch of blabbering about Hitler, Timothy Mcveigh and murderers.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
It will be heavily disputed by the NFLPA though, as he hasn't actually been convicted of anything since entering the league as of this day, and if he escapes conviction from the biting-an-officer incident for whatever reasons (after all, it WAS a year ago, kinda shaky if you ask me), he probably still won't have any as I'm not sure anything is going to be possible to prove with the Vegas incident, particularly given nothing has happened yet despite claims from the owner that they have "low resolution" video proof. I don't think they'll be able to suspend someone for a year based on close calls myself.
yeah I honestly dont think Jones get suspended. I dont believe he has actually committed or been convicted of any crimes. The marijuana his mom and friend took credit for (whether it was theirs or not Im not sure, they coulda been vouching for him) the incidents at clubs Jones didnt do anything illegal I dont think just disturbing the peace charges or whatever nothing serious, it was other people who were fighting and shooting guns it seems. The whole biting police officer thing seems a little flimsy and like you said it was a year ago, i get the feeling he wont be prosecuted for it. That should keep Jones from getting discipline from jail or from the courts.

However, that doesnt excuse Pac-Man for what he has done. Just because it is OK by the letter of the law doesnt make it OK. He is not being responsible and the consequence he may get is the Titans cutting or trading him and in the long run hes gonna lose himself a lot of money.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Viking Country
Posts: 1,545
Reputation: 110
Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.
\
Who said anything about contempt ? I simply asked if it is so hard to stay on the right side of the law? And quit preaching about "thou shall not sit and cast judgement" seriously we live in a country that has laws. Abide by them or face the consquences. It's really not that hard. When you have millions upon millions of dollars you should be able to find more to do with your time than throw small denominations of money at young women's feet in hopes of stroking your ego...seriously , what a clown.
Furthermore , when your job is part to be in the public eye..you should understand that you're a representitive of yourself, as well as a league full of other multi-millionaire children / young men...and when you break the law you should EXPECT a media and public downfall when you break the law....Adam Jones is NOT a victim....he's an immature brat whose managed to "hit the genetic lottery" so to speak and be coddled through life because of physical abilities.
Now he has enough money to live in this falacy of life. To continue to self dillude into the belief that he's something "more than human". Surrounding himself with "fools and thugs" (his grandmothers words not mine) who nurture that belief with him.

He has more troubled days ahead of him unless he wakes up and realizes his position, his influence and that the "money train" won't last forever ...eventually his abilities will dwindle & his fame will float away.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canton 2013
Posts: 4,226
Reputation: 1801
The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default

quick question so was this whole story bull
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston/Ole Miss
Posts: 8,587
Reputation: 1535269
Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
there you go again. We're talking about Adam Jones, a petty criminal who has done what? Got in a couple confrontations at clubs where he was partying, had some weed in his house, aledgedly bit a cop in the finger. Yeah, a real freakin menace to society.

Yet you insist on bringing in serial killers, terrorists, racist dictators responsible for genocide and the guy who caused your family distress by beating up your sister.

Where is the connection?

Honestly, I read your post and I wonder WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? When did I say lets not hold Pac-Man accountable? When did I say WE SHOULDNT PUT MURDERERS IN JAIL????

Address my points stop putting words in my mouth. Stop trying to tear down my argument by making the ridiculous argument that unless I stand up and defender Hitler I have no right to say not to pass judgement on anyone. Hitler is the most extreme example you could possibly bring up. I guess unless I

Ive said all along Pac-Man is screwing up and making poor choices and if the NFL decides to take a hard line and suspend or him the Titans cut him, he has no one to blame but himself. So stop putting words in my mouth.

You miss the entire point. Who said you cant judge his actions? Not me. You can say "it is stupid for him to be putting himself in the situations he has put himself in" or like his dad said "he is out of control right now". Id agree with that. But you dont do that. You are judging him as a person. You are saying "he is a joke of a human being. I am a better man than him". You dont know anything about him except his brushes with the law, as if that defines who he is. As if that is the only measuring stick that a man should be measured with. Like I said, I can judge my brother because I know him, Im not judging him based on a few incidents, Im judging him based on 20 years of experiences with him. How can you possibly make the argument "I am a better person than Pac-Man Jones because he's broken the law and I haven't" Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And by the way, not everyone who is in prison is a bad person. You are not a better man than all of them. If you think you are, that only supports my point. And you being someone who has never been to jail, who are you to judge? I have been to jail and it was a lot of good dudes there. It is a ****** up place, but its a lot of good dudes in there. Thats not to say theyre all good, but some of them are, and you cant just judge someone and say they are a bad person just because they went to prison. I go to NA meetings sometimes, not because Im an addict and not because I even use narcotics, but I attend them sometimes. According to you, it is a room full of scumbags, because after all they all break the law all the time, it is a felony to possess the narcotics they took/take daily. I'll tell you off top those are some of the best people I have ever met. But a guy like you would just judge them not even knowing them.

You didnt call yourself perfect, not in those words, but you talk about yourself as if youre without fault. Adams Jones did A, B and C and didn't do those things therefore Im a better man than him, as if you havent done some wrong things in your life, as if you dont have problems of your own.

Really, all you do in your posts is say ridiculous things that have nothing to do with the argument Im making and then you say I havent said anything and my argument is ridiculous and that you cant talk with me and then I respond and then you come back with the same response saying that I am not making sense and then coming back with a bunch of blabbering about Hitler, Timothy Mcveigh and murderers.
Do you think Jones is going to have an epiphany one day and start leading a responsible life? All of the crimes he has commited should show you that this man is not one to be trusted. You can look at what he has done so far and say that his crimes are "harmless" (though I would not say that). When you commit a crime you are breaking the law. Laws exist to keep order and keep people safe. He may not be Tim McVeigh or Hitler, and I am pretty sure njx9 is not saying he is them. The point he is making and that I am making is that Pacman is not a safe person to be around, he is a threat to society, and you SHOULD judge him for that.

What if Pacman did commit a "serious" crime? What would you say then. These small crimes are usually warning signs that this person is not one to be trusted. After 10 crimes commited, at what point do you say enough is enough? You cannot just let this man keep breaking the law and using his football fortune get him out of everything. If he is not disciplined he will keep doing what he is doing, since getting arrested does not seem to bother him. It is outrageous that you can defend him.
__________________


Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So we cool beans?
Posts: 1,485
Reputation: 217
ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

i dont think he should get cut or kicked out of the league, he should get a one year "probation" type thing where if he stays clean he keeps playing but if hes arrested he gets some kind of punishment from the league.

also (nothing on darrent williams AT ALL) if he keeps messin around like this he could very well end up like darrent williams, lord forbid. is it really hard to go another 7-9 years without commiting a felony or getting arrested? Al Capone was only arrested like once lol.
__________________
Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
I smoke ten blunts before lunch
Gucci Mane
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
\
Who said anything about contempt ? I simply asked if it is so hard to stay on the right side of the law? And quit preaching about "thou shall not sit and cast judgement" seriously we live in a country that has laws. Abide by them or face the consquences. It's really not that hard. When you have millions upon millions of dollars you should be able to find more to do with your time than throw small denominations of money at young women's feet in hopes of stroking your ego...seriously , what a clown.
Furthermore , when your job is part to be in the public eye..you should understand that you're a representitive of yourself, as well as a league full of other multi-millionaire children / young men...and when you break the law you should EXPECT a media and public downfall when you break the law....Adam Jones is NOT a victim....he's an immature brat whose managed to "hit the genetic lottery" so to speak and be coddled through life because of physical abilities.
Now he has enough money to live in this falacy of life. To continue to self dillude into the belief that he's something "more than human". Surrounding himself with "fools and thugs" (his grandmothers words not mine) who nurture that belief with him.

He has more troubled days ahead of him unless he wakes up and realizes his position, his influence and that the "money train" won't last forever ...eventually his abilities will dwindle & his fame will float away.
I will agree with some of that...He is making mistakes and he will have to face the consequences. and Im certainly not saying he shouldn't. I'm not calling him a victim either. And I would certainly agree that immaturity has a lot to do with his problems. And its not that much surprising that a young guy like himself who is probably a little bit full of himself and immature would get a little out of control when he suddenly gets millions of dollars and fame. I still don't think you guys get the point because you keep coming back at me with saying how irresponsible he is as if I am trying to argue he hasn't done anything wrong. What I'm saying is he is a young man who has some problems and is making some mistakes but we've all got our problems and its not right for us to get on our high horse about what a terrible person he is. And that you shouldn't have so much damn anger towards this guy and if anything just wish him the best that he'll get his life together and not all this hatred towards him like he is a horrible person. Do you get my point at all???

Another thing I would like to mention is the way you guys act like someone just gave him his NFL career. While he was obviously blessed with some athletic talent, you cant act like it didn't take hard work and dedication on his part to get where he did. We are all born with our gifts and its up to us to make the most of us and in his case, he took his football skills all the way, of course he is now risking losing it all, but you see my point. This kid has obviously done a lot of things right, I can think of people who have been messing up a lot worse than him and they arent bad people either. Its not like there arent some redeeming things he has done.

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 03-03-2007 at 02:55 PM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Do you think Jones is going to have an epiphany one day and start leading a responsible life? All of the crimes he has commited should show you that this man is not one to be trusted. You can look at what he has done so far and say that his crimes are "harmless" (though I would not say that). When you commit a crime you are breaking the law. Laws exist to keep order and keep people safe. He may not be Tim McVeigh or Hitler, and I am pretty sure njx9 is not saying he is them. The point he is making and that I am making is that Pacman is not a safe person to be around, he is a threat to society, and you SHOULD judge him for that.

What if Pacman did commit a "serious" crime? What would you say then. These small crimes are usually warning signs that this person is not one to be trusted. After 10 crimes commited, at what point do you say enough is enough? You cannot just let this man keep breaking the law and using his football fortune get him out of everything. If he is not disciplined he will keep doing what he is doing, since getting arrested does not seem to bother him. It is outrageous that you can defend him.

First off, I dont buy that he is a threat to society. I would say he is a threat to himself. But not a threat to society. Aside from a report that sounds like its bogus about him biting a cop, he hasnt really done anything violent, he has only been around violent people. He should think about trying to make new friends, but that is not an easy thing to do, especially if youre talking about people he grew up with.

And yes, I do believe Pac-Man can turn himself around. Ive watched too many people turn their lives around and I myself am a former knucklehead who got a new outlook on life and turned himself around. So yes, I do believe strongly that people who engage in self-destructive behavior are usually good people inside and can change.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Chatt
Posts: 614
Reputation: 27774
Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

lol check this out

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...=snibbe/070302
__________________
Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
Do you have any idea how the majority of drug users get money to purchase drugs? It's not through hard working 8-4 jobs, it's by robbing and stealing from hard working folks, so yes, his use of drugs is in many ways does escalate the violence we see.

P.S. Have you ever met anyone that you can't find an excuse for?
You do know that most cocaine users are white collar workers such as lawyers? Right? Or rich kids who's parents give them money to spend on whatever they like, and they just happen to choose drugs. I know a bunch of people heavily into drugs, and guess how they pay for them? WITH THEIR JOB! A HUGE percentage of people in this country use marijuana. Do all of them steal? No. Quit blindly taking everything the government says about drugs at face value. A lot of it is just propoganda. What escalates the violence we see is the notion of a "War on Drugs." Legalize drugs and those shady characters that sell them go away, because they can't compete with the people who sell legally, because then you don't have to worry about getting shot. Just like alcohol now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Seriously, why is it so hard for these athletes to just play ball ?
Why on earth do they feel it neccesary to go to strip clubs in the first place ?
You mean to tell me that a young millionaire has to pay for it to see it ??? wow, how sad.
Ok, we all know he doesn't have to pay to see it. How many times do you think the strippers go home with him after? Why should athletes be held to higher standards than any other member of society?

Is he a joke of a human being? It sure seems like it. Anyone that gets into as much legal trouble as him is ******* stupid. HE BIT A POLICE OFFICER FOR CHRIST SAKE! It isn't hard not to get caught breaking the law. I am completely against the whole war on drugs. If someone wants to take them, by all means, go ahead and do it. Just don't be a dumbass and get caught. I think we can all agree that he is a dumbass. I honestly can't stand stupid people, I think they are all a detriment to society, and HE IS ******* STUPID!

TCIH, you are on just as much of a high horse as anyone on the otherside of the argument. He *allegedly* committed a felony, if he is found guilty, he probably should be kicked out of the NFL, just like he would if he was at any Fortune 500 company. Athletes shouldn't be held to any lower or higher standards than anyone else.

But back to the strip club thing, every guy here would go to a strip club if they knew full well that they were ******* one(or more) of the strippers that night. Hell, I know I would. It isn't about HAVING to pay to see tits, it is about going out with the guys and having a good time, while looking at a bunch of hot naked girls.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

someone, i never once said Pac-Man shouldnt have consequences. If he gets convicted of a felony, he will get kicked out of the league, and I wont argue with it. If the Titans cut him b/c enough is enough, I wont argue with it for a ******. And he has done some very stupid things, no question about it. I dont know if he really bit a cop or not, but if he did that is just dumb. Even if the cops were unfairly arresting him. Ive had asshole cops slap the cuffs on my wrists a couple times when I had barely done anything just to scare me or whatever but Im not dumb enough to get in a damn fight with them and bite em. But like I said, Im not sure he even did it and its his life and his decision and if he did bite a cop he will deal with consequences.

P.S. Why do the bleep out the word m-i-n-u-t-e
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

The cops should have done a Steve Foley on PacMan.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 937
Reputation: 9944
lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Eventually this waste of oxygen will be in prison. It's only a matter of time.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.