Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
jdcdam1
Rookie

jdcdam1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs down

This story happened Before the Las Vegas incident...so this is old news....and its funny to me to hear all these negative comments...You didnt hear about him getting in trouble until he was headed to the NFL, and that's because of people around you excepting things from you and constantly trying to defoul you. I know, I grew up near Pacman (Boatrock Projects) and know some of his people, including the guy that was with him during this incident....people WILL TRY YOU when they know you have money, it's true....in Las Vegas, there were other celebrities in the club doing the same thing, but the media chose to point him out cuz of past instances to further discredit him...it's sad but trust me Pacman isn't the guy the media tries to make him out to be. No one talks negative about y'all when you all go to the strip club after work, or get pulled over for DUI...and if you did, you wouldn't want to lose your job over it...and that whole Police situation is blown way out of proportion, Atlanta always does their stars like that...so y'all should watch y'all mouth.
jdcdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
lol.

I hate the ten characer rule.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
jdcdam1
Rookie

jdcdam1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Exclamation

It has nothing to do with the neighborhood, but yes celebrities are singled out, then talked about like dogs and that's not fair, when actually anyone who goes to ESPN Zone and drinks a few beers while watching the game can technically be charged with DUI. So don't act like he's the worst person on earth. And as far as him biting the police goes.....I'll say it like this, remember when the lady said he spit in her face and the charges were dropped cuz she couldnt get her story straight? the same thing will happen here. And what felony was Pacman charged with before entering the league? He had a misdeanor, that's it...In fact, he only has ONE charge against him, the rest was all either dismissed, or he had nothing to do with it in the 1st place. You guys gotta start getting the facts straight before y'all start writing your opinion. go to ESPN right now and read the story on him, maybe that'll help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do you have any idea why no one would talk "negative" about me if i got a DUI? because no one knows me. i'm not a celebrity. i'm not in the public eye. but i'm sure no one talks "negative" about any other celebrity on earth when they get a DUI. it's probably just football players from bad neighborhoods.

further, i likely WOULD lose my job, as a large part of it is contingent upon my ability to drive and a SINGLE DUI (let alone any other arrests) would cost me my ability to do that. what's funny is that you don't mention that pacman's felony assault (biting the police officer) would prevent most people on earth from getting any meaningful job because they have to check that pesky little "have you ever committed a felony" box on the application or undergo a background check. a friend of mine who was convicted and sent to federal prison for robbing a bank will be lucky if he can keep his job at a chain restaurant that his friend had to pull strings to get for him. but everyone on this board is a prick for believeing that athletes might possibly be held to the same standard.

yeah. ok.
jdcdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcdam1 View Post
And what felony was Pacman charged with before entering the league? He had a misdeanor, that's it...In fact, he only has ONE charge against him, the rest was all either dismissed, or he had nothing to do with it in the 1st place. You guys gotta start getting the facts straight before y'all start writing your opinion. go to ESPN right now and read the story on him, maybe that'll help.
From the ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2790076) you suggested we all read:
"During his freshman year, Jones allegedly beat another student with a pool cue in a bar fight; in October 2003, he was was sentenced to one year in jail. Eventually, the malicious assault charge, a felony, was reduced to a misdemeanor, the sentence was suspended and Jones was placed on two years' probation. For 60 days, he wore an electronic monitoring bracelet. Late in 2005, the state claimed he had violated the probation, and it was extended by 90 days."
How convenient that criminal battery with a weapon was reduced to a misdemeanor. Regardless, he was charged and convicted.
"In the 23 months since he was drafted by the Titans, Jones has drawn the scrutiny of the police at least 10 times and has been charged with assault, felony vandalism and felony obstruction. And now, the events in Las Vegas are threatening his NFL career after just two seasons in the league."
I'm sure poor Pacman is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure every single 'incident' with the police was just a case of Pacman being unfairly targeted by people who can't get their story straight. This guy has had plenty of chances and gotten off the hook a lot more than you or I because of his status as a football player. Just because charges are dropped doesn't mean nothing happened.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some of you guys should read about a persons background before your so quick to judge, and call them out on something...its easy to point fingers, and type about how someones such an idiot when you grew up with both parents and had the easy road all your life...

unless you know about struggling, or had to live in the projects to know what life is like, then you wouldnt understand....

in no way am i saying what pac man does is justified, or right, but i am saying you shouldnt judge someone unless you know what they went through growing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
some of you guys should read about a persons background before your so quick to judge, and call them out on something...its easy to point fingers, and type about how someones such an idiot when you grew up with both parents and had the easy road all your life...

unless you know about struggling, or had to live in the projects to know what life is like, then you wouldnt understand....

in no way am i saying what pac man does is justified, or right, but i am saying you shouldnt judge someone unless you know what they went through growing up
Quit with the bleeding hearted stuff about how PacMan grew up. That is the worst cop out and excuse for criminal behavior. Many people had tough lives and struggled without having to resort to criminal behavior.

Throw the bum in prison for a few years and he will learn what struggling will be like when he gets out and he is past his prime for football.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

Last edited by AllanO444 : 03-10-2007 at 10:05 PM.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanO444 View Post
damn....so many pacman haters in here. jealous idiots...
Why would I be jealous of a man who brings 80 thousand dollars to a strip club, throws it all away, and then wants it back? Or someone who has gotten in trouble with the law 10 times in less than two years?

You have a lot of nerve to come onto this forum and have your first post about people being idiots for making negative comments on Pacman. Do you even know what he has done? Get a damn clue.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Why would I be jealous of a man who brings 80 thousand dollars to a strip club, throws it all away, and then wants it back? Or someone who has gotten in trouble with the law 10 times in less than two years?

You have a lot of nerve to come onto this forum and have your first post about people being idiots for making negative comments on Pacman. Do you even know what he has done? Get a damn clue.
ive got a lotta nerve?? hahahahhahaha what are you gonna do to me? Do YOU even know what pacman has done?? according to the las vegas police department, NOTHING! YOU get a damn clue. and yes, you are all jealous. a man that brings 80 THOUSAND DOLLARS OF HIS OWN MONEY to a strip club....yall are just mad u dont have that money. comeon, please keep making fun of me....i find this amusing how ignorant you people can be!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

oh snap...i only have written 3 posts!!! what am i supposed to be intimidated by someone who has like 12,000 more than me???
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
oh snap...i only have written 3 posts!!! what am i supposed to be intimidated by someone who has like 12,000 more than me???
Nah, you just sound like a complete IDIOT for telling all of us we are jealous of PACMAN JONES.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
Nah, you just sound like a complete IDIOT for telling all of us we are jealous of PACMAN JONES.
well, you are
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

dont hate the player, hate the game
Old 03-08-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
dont hate the player, hate the game
This is when I wish I can negative rep someone more than once.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
This is when I wish I can negative rep someone more than once.
ummmmmm ok
Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

A large amount of NFL players have went through horrible childhoods and still have not been constantly in the news for their latest run in with the law. Pacman did have a rough childhood but that does not mean that his actions are any different than any other NFL player (or any other person at all).
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
ummmmmm ok

In only a matter of minutes you will smell like sex panther, mainly due to your incredibly stupid posts.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
In only a matter of minutes you will smell like sex panther, mainly due to your incredibly stupid posts.
my stupid posts???

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
my stupid posts???
I didn't expect you to understand that because you haven't been here long enough. It will make sense to everyone else. And yes, your posts are stupid. Jealous of Pacman Jones. I need to take a poll, should I make that Pacman quote my sig quote or the one I have now?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't expect you to understand that because you haven't been here long enough. It will make sense to everyone else. And yes, your posts are stupid. Jealous of Pacman Jones. I need to take a poll, should I make that Pacman quote my sig quote or the one I have now?
o awesome....i would be honored to be in your sig....i vote YES!!!:D
Old 03-08-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

by the way whats make me smell like sex panther mean?? is that nerdy message board talk??
Old 03-08-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adam Jones is a role model all kids should aspire to be.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Adam Jones is a role model all kids should aspire to be.
Yes, and an Icon that we are all jealous of.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, and an Icon that we are all jealous of.
finally you've come around....
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
quote 3 posts of mine where i was even vaguely jealous of anything he's done. but hey, i'm sure the only reason people thought OJ was guilty was because of jealousy. we all wished we could be him, riding around california in a white bronco. jealousy is the single stupidest excuse i've seen yet. it brings nothing to the argument. the fact that you're incapable of even making up your own argument or of trying to prove anyone in this thread has been jealous more or less invalidates everything you've said. that fact that it was moronic completely invalidates it.

but yeah, "don't hate the player"... GREAT argument. you're a credit to whatever GED program you just completed.
wow...you put waaaaay too much thought into dissing me. o nice OJ arguing by the way...that almost had something to do with what were talking about here, but it didnt. and YES, all these pacman haters are JEALOUS OF HIM! youre all just in denial. i dont blame you. who isnt jealous of a professional football player with MILLIONS of dollars. the fact that you keep denying it is MORONIC and COMPLETELY INVALIDATES IT.

but yeah, thanks for the props on the "dont hate the player argument." i know it looks like i did, but i actually didnt need a GED to make it. im still in high school. congratulations, youre arguing with a 14 year old!!:D