Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DT is a need, but I kinda dropped it because there are no 1st Day DT's that really fit our scheme outside of Peria Jerry and Jarron Gilbert. Ron Brace is the popular pick, but it's just not gonna happen.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely take next year's DT class over this one. I'm salivating just thinking about it.....
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so... scott's newest mock has us with darius butler in the 1st, which i can dig. i think he's gonna be the best corner in the class, and i'm hoping we at least target one in the first couple rounds.

ron brace just ain't happening though. wash won't let em draft a big guy that can't move. and when you've got coaches like wash and munch, they have alot of say in which players they're gonna be running with. haven't really seen much of brace, but everything i read says he's a plugger. maybe he can move better than some think, if so then it could be possible.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't see why the Titans dont get a little further involved into the Braylon Edwards/Anaquin Boldin talks. They sure are worth the first and the third required to get them and would give us another dynamic element, and for once a number 1 receiver to go to. I guess Fisher wants the team to be run balanced more then anything, but if it were me, I would do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull
haven't really seen much of brace, but everything i read says he's a plugger. maybe he can move better than some think, if so then it could be possible.
Of the BC DT's, Raji is quick for his size, but Brace isn't. He can generate a push to collapse the pocket, but can he do it consistently in the NFL while being both successful and having the stamina? That's my deal with him, and I'm with you on being a plugger. He's gotta stay low, cuz if he goes high, he'll get handled by any NFL Center, let alone double teams and such.

But, people see us losing a 320+ lb DT, and go, "Well, they need another 320+ lb DT to replace him!" I have all the respect for Scott in the world, but he's not the best at evaluating the Titans. I remember last year how he scolded them for taking CJ over all the WR's that were available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
I still don't see why the Titans dont get a little further involved into the Braylon Edwards/Anaquin Boldin talks. They sure are worth the first and the third required to get them and would give us another dynamic element, and for once a number 1 receiver to go to. I guess Fisher wants the team to be run balanced more then anything, but if it were me, I would do it
I think they'd like to have a guy like Boldin over Edwards, but Boldin is also wanting a HUGE contract extension. We'd give the Cards a 1st and a 3rd, and then give Boldin 8+ million dollars a year.

Then, look at it this way. Imagine trading away a young Pro Bowl/All-Pro player like Griffin or CJ, along with other picks for a WR that's not gonna be utilized like he currently is in Arizona. We could be doing that.

Boldin is a stud tho... :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-18-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i want is for CJ to get more touches in all aspects of the game....we can win a SB on his back

PIT BULL YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
all i want is for CJ to get more touches in all aspects of the game....
'Dinger wants him to come into voluntary workouts so he can work on passing drills, but he's skipping them anyway to workout with a private trainer in Florida. :(

Meanwhile, LenDale's showed up at the workouts at 238! I smell an epic camp battle!!! ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ will be fine, he will be faster this year

lendale is dead weight i hope we dont resign him next year
Old 04-18-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Um, Steph...you may wanna sit down for this buddy...

Don't get the hate for LenDale now that he's the backup RB who's biggest role is goal-line duty.

LenDale averaged 3.9 YPC last season. Tim Hightower, another powerback in a similar role, averaged 2.8 YPC with Larry Fitz and Q Boldin on the outsides.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn't. With Holt going to Jacksonville, that means we absolutely have to go WR with one of our first two picks. I was hoping we could sign him and give us some flexibility to the draft.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

**** SAKE, tennessee grow some balls and get your man

i dont know i just hate him, i think it was that fumble in the playoffs...i also hate alge :(
Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Passing on Holt could just be a sign of something, especially after having so many WR's visit? We'll see though. Hard to believe the Draft is only a week away!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

innit i cant believe it, cant wait

still pissed with the holt situation
Old 04-22-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

what men we are
Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Lineup the rest....

This means you Smitty, Pitbull, aNYtitan, islandboy, OZ, mick, Titans10, Bobertchin.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You look EXACTLY like I thought you would Steph, lol.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

haha love it, you two look like i thought the other would look haha TH=VM and vica versa
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Would you guys freak out if we traded up in the early, early 1st RD like Jax did last year?

Cuz I would...like a fox!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Would you guys freak out if we traded up in the early, early 1st RD like Jax did last year?

Cuz I would...like a fox!
If we did that who would it be for? Malcolm Jenkins? Crabs? Maclin? I can't say I'd be disappointed, but knowing our history, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

we have a very good team i wouldnt mind seeing us sell our draft in a sense to go out and get someone like maclin or crabtree or jenkins, think we have a good enough team to do something like that
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ya can't count out Fisher and his USC connection - he loves the 3 USC LB's. Maybe Jenkins. I was thinking about Crabtree or Maclin too.

I was thinking about picks that would surprise me, and moving to the top half of the Draft is the only thing. What if Crabtree falls to 7 or 8 in a scramble over OT's, and we traded up for him? My mind would be blown!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i would "fill the cup" if that happened. honestly i have no idea who we are going to draft. seriously its madness how we could go with this pick. I mean nobody expects us to take a RB last year, nobody expected us to take a S to try and convert to a CB who is now a pro bowl FS and we have a pro bowl RB who SHOULD have been ROY. it is honestly stupid, i see us going BPA to an extent, if you exclude QB RB OL and S i think we could draft any of the other positions i mean what if pettigrew is there we could take him, then if vontae davis alphonso smith and darius butler are there who do we take??? we could go with percy harvin hakeem nicks kenny britt??? james laurianitus if hes there??? any number of DE's or DT's could drop to us, we could go after ron brace?? everetter brown could fall, aaron maybin michael johnson???? clint stintim could be slided inside hes a big body man??? i wouldnt care if we reached for jasper brinkley as i think hes the best MLB in the draft shame about the injury, so we could go

pettigrew - fantastic all around TE would be a great addition to the run and pass game
vontae - best CB in the draft but needs to get it together
alphonso - ballhawk
darius - great all rounder
percy - game changer
kenny - big body guy
hakeem - big body guy
ron - hole plugger
aaron - pass rusher fits our system
everette - pass rusher fits our system
michael - pass rusher fits our system
james - fits our system
jasper - my man crush pick i really really want this guy in blue hes just amazing
clint - very talented guy could slide in or be used to rush the passer

IT IS WIDE EFFING OPEN GUYS

Last edited by stephenson86 : 04-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

As long as we don't go Ron Brace or Percy Harvin out of that list I should be cool. I'd like Jasper Brinkley, but more in the second round.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN insider says we are now in the mix for Boldin....can anyone read this article and is their any substance that shows we are actually considering doing this???

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who is who in those photos above???

i guess i'll join in...here is me

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote