Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-27-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like others have said, I'm sad to see Albert Haynesworth leave (and I hope he continues to play well); however, I'm also glad to see that Reinfeldt didn't break the bank to re-sign him. Haynesworth's a great player, but considering some of his issues and the current economic climate, I don't think he's worth $100 million.

Now I'd like to see the Titans...
1. Add a veteran WR
Preferably Nate Washington. Lavernues Coles is also a possibility, I think, because of Heimerdinger's connection to the Jets. T.J. Houshmandzadeh is unlikely but would be welcomed.

2. Add some veteran DL help
The Chris Canty visit has been put on hold. However, I hope Reinfeldt goes after Rocky Bernard, who can rush the passer from the DT position. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued a veteran DE as well, like Jovan Haye (who can play DE/DT and who went to Vandy, I think), Antonio Smith, or Kenechi Udeze.

3. Draft WR or CB in the 1st Round
Nick Harper's getting old and has had some nagging injuries. Some youth/depth is needed here to compliment Finnegan on the other side. I'm hoping that the Titans take Alphonso Smith or D.J. Moore here in the 1st. I don't think the Titans will look at WR in the 1st because there's a lot of depth there in this draft, but if they do, I hope they look at Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, or Darius Hayward-Bey.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions signed Eric King... :'(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Lions signed Eric King... :'(
Ahhhh, ****! I'm going to have to keep an eye on you now. This definitely makes CB even more pressing of a need. Especially since we're letting Reynaldo Hill walk(dear God please) and Chris Carr is talking to some other teams. Do we even have any true corners under contract besides Finnegan and Harper?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we'd keep King and Fuller would go to Detroit. Dang...

Also, Brandon Jones is signing with San Fran.

Nate Washington is visiting tomorrow, and we're staying in contact with Chris Canty.

If we lose Carr too, then DJ Moore would be huge in the draft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we get Canty or Haye so we don't need to use a draft pick on d-line.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Me too, but Kevin Vickerson is a FA, ain't he?

Canty played the 5-tech in Dallas, so he'd fit our DT prototype. Jovan Haye I'm not terribly high on, but I'd prefer him over a draft pick.

But yeah, I'm with you and Mick. I'd rather pass on drafting a DT this year, and add the depth through FA. We have our starters next year in Tony Brown and Jason Jones anyway. Much rather wait and grab one of the stud DT's next year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers fan dropping in, what is the scouting report on Brandon Jones?
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Me too, but Kevin Vickerson is a FA, ain't he?

Canty played the 5-tech in Dallas, so he'd fit our DT prototype. Jovan Haye I'm not terribly high on, but I'd prefer him over a draft pick.

But yeah, I'm with you and Mick. I'd rather pass on drafting a DT this year, and add the depth through FA. We have our starters next year in Tony Brown and Jason Jones anyway. Much rather wait and grab one of the stud DT's next year.
Exactly. Next year's DT class is so much studlier. Marvin Austin(maybe), Donkey Kong Suh, Dan Williams, so much more that I can't even think of off the top of my head.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
49ers fan dropping in, what is the scouting report on Brandon Jones?
I think he has tons of potential to be a very good WR, but he hasn't had a chance to put it all together in TN, whether it was for injuries or QB problems or whatever. Maybe he'll work it out and realize his potential in San Fran but then again, maybe not considering They aren't a whole lot better off in the QB department or fellow WR's to take pressure off of him.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jones is a big tease. For every game he had that he'd play great in, he'd disappear for the 3 game afterwards...

...I still wanted him back tho. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so right now our D is looking like this
griffin
hope
finny
harper
bulluck
tulloch
thornton
kearse
jones
brown
kvb

personally i think changes need to be made to CB#1 MLB#2 and DE#3 i think with haynesworth gone it might mean we need a better MLB as i think our shoddy MLBs got away with alot because he was there

as for offense we have
collins
johnson
hall
scaife
gage
???? mc (oh god i cant say it)
roos
amano
mawae
scott
stewart

we need to upgrade WR#123456789 and TE#10

im feeling DJ moore in the 1st then a sleeper WR in the 2nd...that would do me happy
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

McCareins is gone, Steph. :D

Canty is the only FA I really want - 6'7, 300-lb athletic DT who has experience in the attacking style DL that Washburn runs. Other than him, waiting on guys to be cut is fine with me.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd like to see us bring Bryant McFadden in for a visit. If we signed him we wouldn't need to use a high pick on a corner if we didn't want to.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I know that Chris Canty meeting has been postponed due to him being interested in the Giants. I'm figuring that he is going to meet with Titans brass this week. I'd like for us to trade for Anquin Boldin, he would be worth the first rounder we would need to give up considering there would probably be no one that could give such an impact with such a late round pick. However, given that we are such a run oriented offense, I just don't see it happening. Nate Washington perhaps, but not for big dollars. What about Braylon Edwards? If he gets on the trade block is he worth a first and another draft pick (even though he is inconsistent). One other question, is VY ever going to get a fair shot considering Collins has been signed for 2 more years and guaranteed the starters job this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I think they'll give VY a shot to battle for the starting spot with Collins in 2010 but not this season.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Guys on TitansCentral are thinkin' we're heading into rebuilding mode...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, people that mainly post on forums dedicated to one specific team are pretty ridiculous for the most part.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Giants signed Canty and Rocky Bernard. *shrugs*

Nate Washington is in town today, and should be staying overnight.

I'm goin' into safe mode and waitin' on the low key FA's. My hopes are immune to dashing!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Bring in Bryant McFadden, Reinfeldt!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i worry about mike sometimes he seems to have no effing idea about what the teams identity is and the direction its going...yet somehow we prosper :-S
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'd rather Leigh Bodden than McFadden. Our pass-rush will not be as dominant this year, and Bodden excels in man-man coverage. Not to mention, he was cut and wouldn't count against comp picks.

In Mike We Trust!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
I'd rather Leigh Bodden than McFadden. Our pass-rush will not be as dominant this year, and Bodden excels in man-man coverage. Not to mention, he was cut and wouldn't count against comp picks.

In Mike We Trust!!!
Not a bad idea actually. I didn't know he'd been cut.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jovan Haye should be in Nashville today. He'd be a good pickup. He was hurt last year, but I remember us playin' the Bucs in '07 where he played a helluva' game.

Tony Brown 2.0 would always be nice. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Nate Washington is a Tennessee Titan!

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=66496

C'mon, no whammy! No whammy!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We've also come to terms with Jovan Haye too. I like it! :thumbsup:

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.