Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-17-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

titans 10 you really are speaking my language lol, JC is my dream
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys. I'm trying to round up some Titans fans to help with a mock draft we will be doing soon on another site, similar to the one Malaka is doing for the Titans here on this site. This is an annual mock we do every year but we annually have a hard time finding someone to act as the Titans "GM". I made the picks for the Titans last year and I think I did pretty well for them. Here are the picks I made:
1-24 Limas Sweed WR
2-54 Tavares Gooden LB
3-85 Jason Jones DE
4-124 Steve Slaton RB
4-134 Martin Rucker TE
5-157 Andre Fluellen DT
7-229 Corey Lynch S

The problem with me doing the picks is, well, I'm actually a New England fan, but I've lived in Nashville for 14 years so I know the team well enough to make at least somewhat informed picks. But it would really be best to have some actual Titans fans doing it (then I could focus more of my time on the Pats draft as I will be acting as their GM). The idea is to get a group of fans to act as a team's "war room" and discuss all the picks and trades and such, and then to have a GM to post the picks that the group decides on. If you love the draft like I do, it's a lot of fun.

Please let me know via PM if you would like to take part in it and I'll get you more information. Thanks.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont give us alex mack like some clown has in his other mock draft please CB, WR, MLB or DT
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
dont give us alex mack like some clown has in his other mock draft please CB, WR, MLB or DT
I think he's trying to get one of us to go to that site and be the GM for the Titans.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, sorry about that guys. I didn't want that to come across like I'm spamming and wanting you to "come join my awesome site". I hate that stuff. I'm a regular here on this site.

I was just trying to think of a way to find some Titans fans who would be interested in doing a mock on that site. For some reason there aren't many over there. No problem if you're not interested though. I don't work for the site or get anything for bringing people over there.

If anyone does want to go for it, just let me know. And I have taken note.. if I do end up picking for the Titans i will be sure not to take Mack.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

nah man dont worry i didnt think you were spamming or out just completely ****** up what ur post was haha, was tired as a ***** last night :(
Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I heard Lendale White came into offseason programs at 217 pounds.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I heard Lendale White came into offseason programs at 217 pounds.
Cocaine is a helluva drug!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

he will be even worse lol
Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay guys I'm back again and only the Titans 7th Rounder so far, take a look at what I have done for the Titans.

1st Round: Sean Smith CB Utah

2nd Round: Brian Robiskie WR OSU

3rd Round: Gerald McRath LB Southern Miss

4th Round: Cornelius Ingram TE Florida

6th Round: Sammie Stroughter WR/KR/PR Oregon St.

What do you guys think, and who should I target in the 7th round?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i do like that draft a lot, shame we couldnt get alphonso smith top spot :(, i would add another CB in the 7th
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

You could pretty much go any direction. OT, OG, CB, LB, WR, QB. Probably just BPA out of those positions.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, CB and OT depth is my vote too.

Anyway, we got our comp picks: 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th. I was hopin' for two 4th's, but I won't complain. We were one of two teams to actually get 4 picks.

We'll get at least a 3rd RD'er for Haynesworth next year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

so up for the draft now
Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

finally got one answered
Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Niiiice!!! I agree with him. Even though CB is somewhat deep as well. But hopefully we'll sign Torry Holt and alleviate our immediate need.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright where is stephenson with the big "Go get Jay Cutler" push?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

here he is lol, lets say to them we will give them this years first, next years, offer which ever QB they want and then sign torry holt and take CB in the 2nd

SORTED
Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Well, apparently according to my sources we've signed Patrick Ramsey. :(
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, and CB DeMarcus Faggins from the Texans.

I like both signings, and am more excited about Faggins than Ramsey purely because of his name...

...Faggins... *giggles*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't really like the Ramsey signing just because there were better options out there IMO. But hey, there's a reason he's the GM and I'm not.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dinger had Ramsey in Denver. I would assume that factored in. He's an awful lot like Simms in style and career events to an extent. Both are guys who could do something with their careers if given the right conditions.

I can't see a realistic scenario where Vince or KC are our backup QB in 2010. If KC keeps the job, VY is surely out by then. If VY wins it back, KC won't stick around. Or maybe both are gone. Whatever scenario, we'll at the very least need a new backup QB. I think Ramsey is pinned as that guy. Sign him now, get him familiar with the system, and have him ready to backup whoever is starting in 2010 and beyond. Fisher likes stability and veteran presence at backup QB - the Titans backup QB position has had less turnover in the past decade than some teams and their starting QB spot - so I can picture him planning ahead for the backup.

Last edited by OzTitan : 04-05-2009 at 12:21 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So The Titans have...

That right?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
So The Titans have...

4. Compensatory
5. Compensatory
6. Compensatory
7. Compensatory

That right?
I do believe that is correct sir.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

QB-
Kerry Collins – Current starter, game manager but getting old.
Vince Young – Potential star but hasn't shown he can handle the load completely.

HB-
Chris Johnson – Fantastic young runner, centrepiece of the offense.
LenDale White – Expendable.
Chris Henry – Has been ok but he is expendable.
Quinton Ganther – Tweener and good guy to have for depth.

FB-
Ahmard Hall – Animal of a blocker in the power run game and he can catch.

TE-
Bo Scaife – More of a HB has safe hands but is more of a #2
Alge Crumpler – Was very poor the season just gone, can be upgraded.
Craig Stevens – Run blocker and nothing more.

WR-
Justin Gage – Solid #1 but nothing special, more of a #2.
Nate Washington – Going to be our #2 and does suit the role.
Lavelle Hawkins – Should be our slot man this year, shows promise.
Justin McCareins – Poor player and should be #4 next year.

LT-
Michael Roos – Pro bowler and top 5 in the league.
Daniel Loper – Great backup.

LG-
Eugene Amano – Was solid in his first season starting.
Leeroy Harris – Future starter at C.

C-
Kevin Mawae – Aging but still good.

RG-
Jake Scott – Top 5 RG in the league.

RT-
David Stewart – Probably the best RT in the league.
Daniel Loper – Great backup.

RE-
Kyle Vanden Bosch – High motor guy and very solid.
William Hayes – Has great potential.

LE-
Jevon Kearse – Getting old and needs upgrading.
Jacob Ford – Hard nosed guy who gets after the QB.

DT-
Tony Brown – More of an UT, very underrated.
Javon Haye – More of an UT, has flashed greatness.
Jason Jones – More of an UT/DE, was outstanding in his rookie year (3.5 sacks vs PIT)
Kevin Vickerson – NT of the group.

ROLB-
Keith Bulluck – Still great but getting older and slower.
Colin Allred – Expendable.

MLB-
Stephen Tulloch – More of a backup ST player.
Ryan Fowler – Expendable.

LOLB-
David Thornton – Underrated very solid player.
Josh Stamer – ST player nothing more.

CB-
Cortland Finnegan – All-Pro.
Nick Harper – Old and needs replacing.
Vincent Fuller – Good Backup
Tyrone Poole – Old and needs replacing.

FS-
Michael Griffin – Great young FS.
Vincent Fuller – Good backup.

SS-
Chris Hope – Underrated, very solid guy and great leader.
Donnie Nickey – Very good ST player.

K-
Rob Bironas – Pro Bowler.

P-
Craig Hentrich – Old but has some leg left.

There are other players lower in the depth chart that have nothing to offer.

Positions of need-
CB
WR
MLB
DE
TE
DT

We should see if we can trade for a solid CB or WR and address the other need with our first overall.

Players we could trade-
Vince Young
LenDale White
Alge Crumpler
Jevon Kearse
Ryan Fowler/Stephen Tulloch

We dont have much to offer so it looks like its going to be building and improving through the draft more so than anything else.

what i think of our roster etc.