Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Kiffin gets a head coaching job next year in the NFL.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He'll probably find himself a nice college job when one opens in the offseason.

I wouldn't be against taking a look at him at OC if the Bears decide to let go of Ron Turner...
Most likely college but i think he would be a really good cordinator, he's a good coach and i thought that the Raiders should have kept him
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Al Davis just said:

7 days before the draft, Lane came up to him and said he did not want Jamarcus, Al replied "GET OVER IT.".

Awesome.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Al Davis is a stupid stupid man. ...and JaMarcus will be a bust as I've said all along. He was drafted for his strong arm. Nothing else.

Maybe Kiffin will get to coach one of the guys he wanted all along... Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if Garrett gets promoted by Jerry Jones, this offseason they could probably use a decent OC.

There's still the lions job, the rams job and probably another one or two we don't really see coming in the offseason.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin will probably be the next Lions GM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Kiffin will probably be the next Lions GM.
Nah, Al David will pull double duty just to get a shot at GMing the Lions.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about the head coaching position in Seattle that is opening up after the season. Holmgren has already made it very clear that this is his last season as a coach. For now at least. I think Lane could do a good job with the Seahawks offense, even as the coordinator if they do in fact make Mora Jr. the coach there.

Ultimately though I see Lane going back to the college game for a head coaching gig. He is still younger than some NFL players and to me that would have to present some kind of deterrent in his hiring from a respect stand point. Some players have been around the game longer than he has. In college Lane can re-establish himself as a fantastic play caller and make a team into something respectable.

I think Lane is a Pac-10, Big East or ACC coach. He just doesn't seem like a Big 12, SEC or Big 10 team. It sounds stupid, but I don't think his coaching style fits in with the playing styles of those conferences.

I have hated Al Davis for a long time now ever since Gruden left, but ****, he needs to retire now.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Don't forget about the head coaching position in Seattle that is opening up after the season. Holmgren has already made it very clear that this is his last season as a coach. For now at least. I think Lane could do a good job with the Seahawks offense, even as the coordinator if they do in fact make Mora Jr. the coach there.

Ultimately though I see Lane going back to the college game for a head coaching gig. He is still younger than some NFL players and to me that would have to present some kind of deterrent in his hiring from a respect stand point. Some players have been around the game longer than he has. In college Lane can re-establish himself as a fantastic play caller and make a team into something respectable.

I think Lane is a Pac-10, Big East or ACC coach. He just doesn't seem like a Big 12, SEC or Big 10 team. It sounds stupid, but I don't think his coaching style fits in with the playing styles of those conferences.

I have hated Al Davis for a long time now ever since Gruden left, but ****, he needs to retire now.
Why? The Big 12 probably airs it out the most out of all those conferences

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Yeah, definitely. If he goes to the college game, i'd imagine it would be the Pac-10, SEC or Big 12. Those are the most pro-oriented offensive teams, which was what Lane did at SC.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was set in stone that Mora was taking over for Holmgren in 2009?

And I really do think Kiffin should become a OC/QB coach somewhere. Like I said, he would do really well here in KC. Too bad it won't happen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I dunno, I said it was stupid, Its more a feeling than anything logical lol.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the looks of this picture Raider fans shouldn't have to wait much longer

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I thought it was set in stone that Mora was taking over for Holmgren in 2009?

And I really do think Kiffin should become a OC/QB coach somewhere. Like I said, he would do really well here in KC. Too bad it won't happen.
There's more than one example of this sort of plan no panning out in the NFL.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, no surprise. The worst part is that Oakland has legitimate potential and it's being wasted. Did I say worst part? I meant "the completely predictable part."

Long live Al Davis.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Asomugha was just on NFL network and he said the locker room was solidly behind Kiffin and felt he was on his way to changing the Raiders losing culture. He then went on to mention that he has had 5 HCs in his 6 seasons. He didn't say it but you could tell he was tired of being in Davis' 3 ring circus. I doubt he will be back with the Raiders next season.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Asomugha was just on NFL network and he said the locker room was solidly behind Kiffin and felt he was on his way to changing the Raiders losing culture. He then went on to mention that he has had 5 HCs in his 6 seasons. He didn't say it but you could tell he was tired of being in Davis' 3 ring circus. I doubt he will be back with the Raiders next season.
Green Bay will have its door open.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen the whole presser with Al? Judging by the way he looks I can't believe he's still all there mentally. That stuff about Petrino leaving in the middle of the season to beat Kiffin to the Arkansas job, wow, Al still knows all the inner workings of the league.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I dunno, I said it was stupid, Its more a feeling than anything logical lol.
I feel ya...The Big 12 kinda has the smashmouth feel

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Has anyone seen the whole presser with Al? Judging by the way he looks I can't believe he's still all there mentally. That stuff about Petrino leaving in the middle of the season to beat Kiffin to the Arkansas job, wow, Al still knows all the inner workings of the league.
"I can't believe he's still all there mentally"

O RLY?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, he looks like he should be in the latter stages of demensia, but for some unfathomable reason he is still completely present and a pretty articulate speaker.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Honestly, he looks like he should be in the latter stages of demensia, but for some unfathomable reason he is still completely present and a pretty articulate speaker.
Articulate? Yes. Logical? No.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Al Davis is a stupid stupid man. ...and JaMarcus will be a bust as I've said all along. He was drafted for his strong arm. Nothing else.

Maybe Kiffin will get to coach one of the guys he wanted all along... Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn.
If Kiffin had his way we'd probably have CJ and Trent Edwards.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

And a winning record.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
If Kiffin had his way we'd probably have CJ and Trent Edwards.
Both those players are terrible.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always like Kiffin and i think he will make a great coach in the NFL he just needs the right situation and everyone knows Oakland wasnt it. Some one mentioned it earlier, but Kiffin to the Lions sounds like a good fit to me.

and im sure everyone knows this but as i was watching the press confrence and all i could think was this is the most creepy looking person i have ever seen and he goes out of his way to make kiffin look like the bad guy so when he appeals the fact hes not getting paid he wont win.

This is prob a common analogy but come on no wonder hes killing all the Raiders fans dreams