Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Best Wideout Available

Who do you think at the end of the year is going to be the best receiver that will NOT get the franchise tag?

Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Brandon Jones, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants
Roy Williams, UFA, Detriot Lions
Roydell Williams, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Last edited by The Legend : 10-05-2008 at 10:19 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Housh and Roy Williams.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Housh and Roy Williams.
You really think they wont get the franchise tag?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams is the best combination of skill / age I think. With that being said, guys like Lee Evans and Houshmandzadeh could get paid big bucks to help complete a receiving corp.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your sig doesn't include interceptions.

And Housh.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when is Boldins contract up? I thought it was this year.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
You really think they wont get the franchise tag?
I thought he meant that if these receivers didn't get the tag, who would be the best available.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just can't see Roy leaving Detroit without compensation when they could easily get some calls if they put him on the block for a 1st + more, the seasons in the tank anyway...It's either trade or franchise tag for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Your sig doesn't include interceptions.
That wouldnt look that good lol, and I think Bobby Engram because I don't believe Lee, Tj or Roy will make it to the market.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houshmandzadeh will hit the market. The Bungles shouldn't be paying close to 9 million dollars for a one year rental anyway. Use that money to get young at other positions.

There's little to no chance that Roy Williams hits the open market. He has come out and said that he wouldn't mind at all being franchised tagged (which i hate), so if the Lions lose him for nothing, maybe it wasn't all Matt Millen
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Engram is old. He was old when he left the Bears. Same with Toomer. I doubt they see any kind of real big bucks.....

Housh, Roy and Evans I see getting tagged or, at least in the case of Evans, resigned.

Jones and Roydell can't even make an impact in Tennessee where they're WR starved. I doubt they do much elsewhere......maybe #2 options for some team with some studs elsewhere.

Devery could be interesting. I doubt he gets brough back because when healthy, the Saints seem pretty deep at WR. He's the most intriguing in my book anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is absolutely 0, that's ZERO, Z-E-R-O chance Amani gets the franchise tag. He'll either re-sign with the Giants or retire(more likely)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

I think Amani will get resigned to a fair deal.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think Amani will get resigned to a fair deal.
no, if anything he'd take a paycut and AT MAX a 2 year deal with the Giants.

odds are, he retires, especially if we...well...(the "r" word)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Housh hits the market as the top wideout available and I don't see any of those guys getting the franchise tag.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think Housh hits the market as the top wideout available and I don't see any of those guys getting the franchise tag.
What incentive would Detroit have of letting Roy walk for nothing?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What incentive would Detroit have of letting Roy walk for nothing?
Why spend that amount of money on a guy who will be your #2 WR?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Why spend that amount of money on a guy who will be your #2 WR?
Cause teams have shown the willingness to part with draft-picks in exchange for his rights. If you can Franchise him, then trade him for a first or second round pick, why not do it? Teams were willing to do that this past year, i don't see why they wouldn't now.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Cause teams have shown the willingness to part with draft-picks in exchange for his rights. If you can Franchise him, then trade him for a first or second round pick, why not do it? Teams were willing to do that this past year, i don't see why they wouldn't now.
If I am another team I force the Lions to make a longterm investment rather than give up picks for his rights. Roy Williams is a WR, he's talented but there's alot of players out there who can contribute just as much.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If I am another team I force the Lions to make a longterm investment rather than give up picks for his rights. Roy Williams is a WR, he's talented but there's alot of players out there who can contribute just as much.
Really? There's a lot of players that can be had this off-season that can contribute what Williams can? We already established that the best ones available will be him, Housh and Evans. Evans will most likely get an extension from the Bills, and Housh will hit the market most likely because of his age. So there will be ONE, extremely talented, 26 year old WR, that can be had for a second round pick at the very least. If the Lions give Williams an extension, it will be to keep him there for the rest of his career, not to trade him in a year. There's no way teams can afford to do that.

I'm 100% positive that Williams will get tagged. It makes perfect sense to do so, and none whatsoever to let him walk for nothing in return.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Really? There's a lot of players that can be had this off-season that can contribute what Williams can? We already established that the best ones available will be him, Housh and Evans. Evans will most likely get an extension from the Bills, and Housh will hit the market most likely because of his age. So there will be ONE, extremely talented, 26 year old WR, that can be had for a second round pick at the very least. If the Lions give Williams an extension, it will be to keep him there for the rest of his career, not to trade him in a year. There's no way teams can afford to do that.

I'm 100% positive that Williams will get tagged. It makes perfect sense to do so, and none whatsoever to let him walk for nothing in return.
He will get tagged, no doubt.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evans probably would have signed long term if JP had of worked out better, but last year when his numbers went down with Trent in he wasn't that happy cause JP was his best friend on the team I guess. Same draft class. Now that hes averaging 80 yards a game and 24 yards a catch Im sure he'll be more willing to sign long term.

He'll get the tag if he doesn't anyways...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whos yo momma would look nice in a chargers uniform :]

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houch i would say because he is going to want just as much money if not more than what Bengals gave CJ. Just don't think any team can afford to shell out that kind of cash for two WR's
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The Bengals need to really shake up their team and with all of the young WRs they've acquired lately there's no reason to make a serious investment in an older WR like Housh. They've got CJ there who's a legit #1 receiver and a bunch of young guys to fill in around him, meanwhile that D still needs work and the oline has gotten really bad, saving the money from TJ would let them workout Andrews long term and bring in another OL through FA to help rebuild their oline quickly.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote