Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Whats Going To Happen
Trade Him This Season 7 24.14%
Trade Him Next Season (If He Doesnt Play Good) 8 27.59%
He Will Come Around 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Mark Clayton?

He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler? Do you think they maybe they should trade him? if so how much could they even get for him...
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't he just take a reverse for one? Not a pro bowler but he's seemed like a good option in the games I've seen him in. That offense needs a whole lot more talent across the board, it's tough to shine in that kind of situation, and especially so for a young wideout.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why you would wanna trade him. When you compare what you'll get in exchange to his possible upside, it would make no sense whatsoever. The best you might get for him is a 4th or 5th, so just ride him out. Maybe since he finally has a QB he might play well eventually.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Well I ment caught a TD like WR is suppose to do. I don't see why not to see what he is worth on the market. 10CTH, 100 YD, 0TD, in his last 5 games is nothing to be proud of.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is and was a good receiver, he just needs more talent getting him the ball. When your starting QB in every game fails to get over 200 yards its kind of hard to keep someone involved.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is never going to be more than a very mediocre WR. I don't think he has much trade value and probably wouldn't fetch much in a trade if anything.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be stupid for us to trade him...who else do we have? Derrick Mason doesnt have many good seasons left in him, and Demetrius Williams has tons of talent, but he has yet to put it all together...and dont even get me started on Todd Heap. The best thing we can do for our young, developing QB (FLacco) is surround him with weapons. Ergo, trading one of our younger and more talented WR's doesnt make much sense now does it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler?
Don't you think you kinda answered your own question there?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler? Do you think they maybe they should trade him? if so how much could they even get for him...
I think you should trade your English teacher...
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with him his problem is he is a carbon copy of Mason, and Mason is just better then him. Heap currently blows and we got a rookie QB. I hope we can work out the cap so we can have Clayton,D-will and a big WCO reciever like a TO style player. I would like that combo. He may be a pro bowl if Flacco becomes a elite QB which is still up in the air Joe is a rookie.

Personally I would rather see us trade/release Mason or Heap before him, Mason is old and we are re-building, and Heap has done nothing this year to prove he belongs in the NFL.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
I think you should trade your English teacher...
Normally I'm not a big fan of calling out people's grammar but this made me laugh.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
with him his problem is he is a carbon copy of Mason, and Mason is just better then him. Heap currently blows and we got a rookie QB. I hope we can work out the cap so we can have Clayton,D-will and a big WCO reciever like a TO style player. I would like that combo. He may be a pro bowl if Flacco becomes a elite QB which is still up in the air Joe is a rookie.

Personally I would rather see us trade/release Mason or Heap before him, Mason is old and we are re-building, and Heap has done nothing this year to prove he belongs in the NFL.
Similar to Mason but not a carbon copy. Even when Mason is 50 he'll be better than Clayton. Clayton doesn't run clean routes like Mason, doesn't have nearly the hands or concentration, and he just doesn't seem to come down with balls at the frequency he should be. Also all this talk about trading Mason or Heap is pointless. You won't get anything better than a 5th rounder for them so their value is much greater if they stay, also no one wants Heaps contract.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats why I wouldnt be opposed to cutting them for cap room to get young talent.

and hopefully we get Crabtree or Bay from MD.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only options are he gets traded or he becomes a pro-bowler? They will keep him, and I don't ever see him being a pro-bowl type player. He could become a decent number two, at best.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Luckily, Clayton was signed pretty cheap for a first rounder. So we can afford to keep him on our roster, but I'm sure in 2010 unless he breaks out in '09 we'll be parting ways with him. Regardless of the QB situation in Baltimore, the problem with Clayton is that even when thrown the ball, he doesn't make enough of a play to make catches. This is why I'd rather have Mason than Clayton at the moment. I don't know if it's lack of motivation or what, but he's just not a #1 receiver anyways. I mean he's undersized, and just not as talented as we thought.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that clayton is a good receiver but he is not as good as mason at this point and he is on a team that hasnt been all that great passing. hopefully cam can get him and the other receivers involved more and flacco can progress too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

I would keep him. I look at him like a very poor mans Isaac Bruce with not quite the smarts. Let him work with Flacco and see if there can be any chemistry, let's be realistic here, Flacco will be his first QB he can grow with. McNair was a Mason man, so Clayton was never going to be a true #1 with him. Flacco, I think will give him the oppertunity to grow with Clayton and then you see what can happen. You definitly need to give him not just this year, but next as well.

2 more years then make your decision, but not before then.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he'd like to get out of there. Clayton would definitely get a shot with another team.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

why do you think that? He has a young developing QB, and someone who at least makes it look like he knows what he is doing. The first time he had that in his career.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
why do you think that? He has a young developing QB, and someone who at least makes it look like he knows what he is doing. The first time he had that in his career.
Because despite that, he may get a shot somewhere with an already experienced and veteran QB?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote