Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lee Evans gets Extension, 3rd highest paid Wideout in the League

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3622918

4 years, $37. 25 million. $18.25 in guarantees.

While a lot of money not hardly the rediculousness of the Bernard Berrian contract.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 10-02-2008 at 09:37 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a baller.

now if Edwards would just stop checking down so much and throw it to Evans more, they wouldn't be in so many 4th quarter deficits.

I like Edwards a lot, I think he's going to develop into a good qb, but he needs to open up his arm a little more.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

already had a mini discussion about this in best WR available thread, but I will reiterate my thoughts. It is a little much, as with all contracts nowadays, but he would have gotten more in FA so I am happy. Good move for the Bills and proves to the fans that they are committed to winning for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
he's a baller.

now if Edwards would just stop checking down so much and throw it to Evans more, they wouldn't be in so many 4th quarter deficits.

I like Edwards a lot, I think he's going to develop into a good qb, but he needs to open up his arm a little more.
to be fair, edwards needs to check down a ton of those. You cant launch an accurate long ball in a DT is in your face or a DE is chasing him down. I think Trent has thrown plenty of long balls this year, and has thrown them well. As the season goes on and the OL improves (and Trent learns how to feel the pocket and defenders better) the deep ball will only get better.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say that Evans is easily a top 3 deep threat wideout in the league, I'm not convinced he is a stand alone #1 wideout but I thought the same of Santana Moss a couple years ago. But as long as the Bills have a nice possession receiver along with Evans, he will definitely earn his money.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
to be fair, edwards needs to check down a ton of those. You cant launch an accurate long ball in a DT is in your face or a DE is chasing him down. I think Trent has thrown plenty of long balls this year, and has thrown them well. As the season goes on and the OL improves (and Trent learns how to feel the pocket and defenders better) the deep ball will only get better.
whatsup with that oline? they have a solid leftside yet no running lanes for Lynch.

I don't get that line.

I think Edwards is the real deal. I made a thread on it prior to the season.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I will say that Evans is easily a top 3 deep threat wideout in the league, I'm not convinced he is a stand alone #1 wideout but I thought the same of Santana Moss a couple years ago. But as long as the Bills have a nice possession receiver along with Evans, he will definitely earn his money.
I don't get why the Skins don't use Moss the way the Pats use Welker. He'd be unstoppable if you mixed in some Welker routes and screen passes to go along with his deep threat ability.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
whatsup with that oline? they have a solid leftside yet no running lanes for Lynch.

I don't get that line.

I think Edwards is the real deal. I made a thread on it prior to the season.
I love Edwards for sure.

The OL just has flat out not been that good. I am as perplexed as you. Peters has been average since coming back, thats the biggest thing. Langston Walker is outplaying him terribly.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Easy, Antwaan Randle El and James Thrash are #2 and 3 on the depth chart. Thrash I can hardly even consider a receiver at this point. We could see Santana make such a move in the future if Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas develops.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peters has just been awful this year. He is out of shape and missing TC and the preseason REALLY hurt him. Which is kind of a good thing when you consider the Bills are 4-0 with **** left tackle play. Peters has given up sacks in the past two games and several tackles for losses as well, plus he has had the most penalties of any of our linemen. He needs to get his **** together and I'm glad we didn't cave to his demands. Maybe if he actually showed up to camp and what not he could have played for a new contract. He pretty much has ****** his chances for that up. It'll be at least a year longer he will have to wait for an extension now.

As for the rest of the line. The running game problem starts and ends with the inability of any lineman not named Peters to pull and block down field. Peters is sick at blocking down field and pulling and I can say that he has still done that this year and I have to give him props for that. Butler CAN'T get down field, not can Walker or Dockery. If Fowler isn't lined up with a tackle over him he is good at getting down field, otherwise he is stuck at the LOS because he can't hold up against any decent sized nose tackles.

The Bills line has been very average and inconsistent this year. When we run a short quick read spread offense out of the shotgun in the no huddle at the end of the first half and in pretty much every fourth quarter the offense has been unstoppable. Other than that though its been very up and down.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's a baller.

It's definitely been more open for Edwards this year. We've taken our shots at all points of the game. He's still a fan of the high percentage stuff, which I can't complain about with the RAC ability of Jackson, Lynch, and even Schouman if he could hold onto it, but he's shown great range this year and has not been limited by Schoenrt or himself to the degree he was last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
As for the rest of the line. The running game problem starts and ends with the inability of any lineman not named Peters to pull and block down field. Peters is sick at blocking down field and pulling and I can say that he has still done that this year and I have to give him props for that. Butler CAN'T get down field, not can Walker or Dockery. If Fowler isn't lined up with a tackle over him he is good at getting down field, otherwise he is stuck at the LOS because he can't hold up against any decent sized nose tackles.
Dockery is supposed to be a good puller, and Butler got down field a decent amount last year, but it's just not there. Fowler is average and Peters is out of it. Walker has had his slips but he's playing very well, especially considering he played a different position from preseason to early season and still rotated up until this week.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Evans is the Harrison to Edwards' Manning, as in Peyton.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Lee Evans is a str8 Wide-Out gangsta, I love that kid, I remember him coming out of Wisonsin, he is pure baller, definitly a great signing, here to 4 more years of Evans working those poor AFC East CB's...lol J/K Revis fans, but had to throw that in there...lol
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To think...we could have had him instead of Reggie Williams...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get why the Skins don't use Moss the way the Pats use Welker. He'd be unstoppable if you mixed in some Welker routes and screen passes to go along with his deep threat ability.
Excellent point, but there's something to be said for a receiver with his skillset running routes associated with a WCO--I'd rather see Moss take a 6 yard slant to the house than see him become a first down machine.

That said, it's not like they're doing the first scenario all that perfectly anyway. Going deep isn't very creative, but the guy's got jets and quicks so why not?

Good for Lee Evans, he'll earn every penny. Don't be too concerned about Trent Edwards' deep ball, he's a young, still developing QB. They'll have the whole arsenal in before it's all said and done.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
To think...we could have had him instead of Reggie Williams...
Don't complain, you also could have had Michael Clayton, Michael Jenkins or Rashaun Woods..
Old 10-03-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee Evans will always be one of my favs. i was at the game against Michigan State when he scored 5 TDs. excellence. glad he got his.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote