Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
LOL, look at the 'Aints fans complaining about someone taking a shot at their team for being underachievers. Instead of being offended, go out and win some games. For years on years on years, your team was supposed to be the one that was finally gonna go over the playoff hump, and after every single failed attempt, you had excuses. Injuries will be your excuse this year. Don't get mad.
I hope this isn't a Cowboys fan.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
In a meta sense that IS funny but Sox isn't as bad as a lot of Poke fans in the way you're implying, that I've noticed.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't even get upset anymore. We seem to have a couple key injuries every week.

Quote:
When is the last time the Cowboys beat the Saints?
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
When is the last time the Saints won a SB?

How about a conference championship?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

If we go that way what is the last time the cowboys won a play-off game
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
If we go that way what is the last time the cowboys won a play-off game
Only casual fans celebrate playoff exits.

Only winning one or two playoff games doesn't matter.

So I ask again, when was the last time the Saints won a Superbowl?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-03-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

When is the last time you shut your face? I wasn't talking to you and I don't see what this has to do with what I'm saying. I sure as hell won't go around acting like a classless punk if we ever win a SB.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
When is the last time you shut your face? I wasn't talking to you and I don't see what this has to do with what I'm saying. I sure as hell won't go around acting like a classless punk if we ever win a SB.
That's if you're alive to see the SB win because at this rate, you won't witness one.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
That's if you're alive to see the SB win because at this rate, you won't witness one.
I'm so hurt.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aite guys. Break it up. Lets all be friends.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Aite guys. Break it up. Lets all be friends.
Easy for you to intervene when you have your franchise QB in place, your franchise RB in place, a top young WR!

Defense doesn't matter when you can't score!

I'm jealous.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I admit it, we aren't really suffering many injuries, we are just making it all up.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I admit it, we aren't really suffering many injuries, we are just making it all up.
Payton said we should have Ellis, Shockey and Colston back for the game against Carolina two weeks from now. If so, that is going to be huge. We need to be at full strength for the Panthers and Chargers in just a few weeks.

Also, it will be nice to get some of our key depth back in David Patten, Randall ***, Aaron Glenn, Aaron Stecker, etc

Last edited by SaintsMan : 10-03-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has it worse... Packers or saints?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Saints, because the Packers still have Heisman Woodson!!!!!!!! Lock ************* down baby. Leads the league in PBU, 2 of his 3 picks for TDs!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Lake can fill in for Sed. He's been decent/pretty good when he gets PT.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm biased, but I'm inclined to say the Saints. Although, Rodgers being banged up comes close to triumphing everything.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steelers have no runningbacks. Im pumped for gary russel though, he has heart. I call him russel athletic when i use him in madden
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
LOL, look at the 'Aints fans complaining about someone taking a shot at their team for being underachievers. Instead of being offended, go out and win some games. For years on years on years, your team was supposed to be the one that was finally gonna go over the playoff hump, and after every single failed attempt, you had excuses. Injuries will be your excuse this year. Don't get mad.
Quote:

Quote:
The last time the Cowboys beat the Saints...

"The Sign" by Ace of Base was the #1 single in the country

gas was $1.05 a gallon

Braveheart was the "best picture" in the country

black holes were still "theoretical"

The TV show Friends made its television debut.

Academy Award nominated actress Abigail Breslin was not even conceived yet

Last edited by David : 10-04-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The last time the Cowboys beat the Saints...

"The Sign" by Ace of Base was the #1 single in the country

gas was $1.05 a gallon

Braveheart was the "best picture" in the country

black holes were still "theoretical"

The TV show Friends made its television debut.

Academy Award nominated actress Abigail Breslin was not even conceived yet
When is the last time the Saints won a superbowl?

Sorry, I can't pull out pop culture references to give you hints.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Is that all you have for a rebuttal? "When is the last time the Saints won a superbowl?" Who ******* cares? You've said that three times and no one's answered. That's fan-*******-tastic that you know we haven't won a SB. I think it's common knowledge that the Saints, Cardinals, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Bills, and Texans all haven't won Super Bowls and that most of the teams mentioned haven't been to one. You're not saying anything new.

You're point has been made and you can quit now if that's the best you have. The Saints are still 2-2 despite injuries and have lost two very close games. No one on the team is making excuses and everyone is stepping up and filling the gaps that injuries have created. We're still going out and playing hard. We're just having a rash of bad luck and losing players that make an impact when healthy, which we should all have back in a few weeks and despite all of these injuries I still expect us to make the playoffs.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 10-04-2008 at 09:27 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats such a great argument to make and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
David

Quote:

Dude, the last time the cowboys won a playoff game was over 11 years ago.Besides who's your team?
Old 10-04-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
That's ever worse Geez.