Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pick the Winners: Week 5

Ravens over Titans- One turnover for a score likely wins this game, it could go either way, but I'll just pick the home team.

Packers over Falcons- Even though Matt Flynn plays imo and the Packers are injured on defense, the Falcons are playing a good team on the road. Now is when Ryan Grant gets started, take note doubters.

Panthers over Chiefs- I expect a very balanced attack from the Panthers offense in the form of Smith/Muhammed/J-Stew/Williams.

Chargers over Dolphins- Maybe Miami can sneak up on San Diego, Chargers have to travel to the opposite coast for a 1 PM EST start and are probably looking ahead to the SNF game against New England next week. I won't pick that though.

Eagles over Redskins- Clinton Portis had great success running the ball last week at Dallas, but I don't think he repeats that feat at Philly on Sunday.

Giants over Seahawks- I wonder how the Giants handle the bye, the Plax hoopla, and their newfound hype following the Dallas loss. I would have concerns, despite this being a game which they should very likely win.

Colts over Texans- Before Josh Scobee's overtime field goal last week, opponents were 10-for-10 in scoring touchdowns against the Texans' red zone defense. Oh look, here come the pissed off Colts with Peyton Manning in full regular season form.

Lions over Bears- Shocker I know, not a good week for Windy City sports fans. No Tommie Harris and Brandon Lloyd is one thing, but likely no Vasher and Tillman too? At Detroit? The Lions just might get this, unless Kitna screws it up with some picks (sixes).

Buccaneers over Broncos- If Brian Griese throws three picks again this week, he should kill himself.

Bills over Cardinals- Bills won't repeat what the Jets did, but a balanced offense and a solid defense (although Arizona will move the ball and score on them) helps them get the very close victory.

Cowboys over Bengals- I don't expect Palmer to play.

Patriots over 49ers- Tempting to pick the upset from San Fran, when they have a passing offense plus Frank the Tank. But you have to expect the Pats to come out of the bye by getting this home win.

Steelers over Jaguars- Roethlisberger has a hurt shoulder, but still passes enough over the Jags to get the win.

Vikings over Saints- Yeah, I said it. Drew Brees is going to get harassed by the Vikings' front four, meanwhile the rest of the defense will play coverage and get some picks. Think the MNF game against Tennessee last year. Plus the Vikings offense will score enough to win.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like Vasher and Tillman will play

Quote:
Starting cornerbacks Charles Tillman (shoulder) and Nate Vasher (wrist) were limited in practice Friday and listed as questionable on the injury report, but both said they expected to play against the Lions.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee over Baltimore - Flacco has looked good for Baltimore and their defense is playing fantastic but Tennessee's defense is playing outstanding and their offense is doing just enough to eek out a W. 1-0

Packers over Falcons - Although Rodgers is going to be out and the Pack are dinged up on D, they are still more talented than the Falcons and should win a close one at home. 1-1

Panthers over Chiefs - I'm very tempted to pick the Chiefs since both the Panthers starting offensive tackles are out for the game but I think the Panthers are just too talented to win, especially while playing at home. 2-1

Dolphinsover Chargers - While I will probably get this one wrong I have decided to go with my gut. The Dolphins are coming off of a bye week following an emotional win over New England. They'll be energized and ready to pull off another one while playing at home. 3-1

Eagles over Skins - Another intense NFC East match up that ends in a hard fought Eagles win. Eagles have to be pissed after losing last week to Chicago. 3-2

Giants over Seagulls - Giants are too much on both sides of the ball for the depleted Seagulls. 4-2

Colts over Texans - Colts own the Texans, it's one of the basic facts of the NFL. 5-2

Bears over Lions - The Lions are so bad that their fans are going to be pulling for the Bears to win this one. 6-2

Bucs over Ponies - Broncos continue freefall after a hot start. Bucs D is playing lights out and their offense is very effective. 6-3

Bills over Cardinals - Buffalo is for real, the Cardinals are who we thought they were. 6-4

Cowboys over Bengals - Who dey say they can beat the Cowboys? No one. Marvin Lewis is getting burned by the hot seat and will probably get fired before the season is over. 7-4

Patriots over 9ers - I'm not even tempted to pick the upset here, although I love the way the 9ers have been battling on both sides of the ball. I honestly think that if the 49ers would have converted to a 4-3 over this past offseason that they would have at least one more win so far this year. 8-4

Jags over Steelers - Pittsburgh now has Najeh Davenport and Gary Russell in the backfield with Mewelde Moore. They are missing their starting RG and were already having trouble keeping Roethlisberger off his back. Jags and Steelers is always a physical game and I'm expecting another Pittsburgh player to go down with an injury following this game. 8-5

Vikings over Saints - Drew Brees should have a field day against Minnesota's secondary but Minnesota should control the tempo of the game with their running game especially now that Sedrick Ellis isn't playing. The Saints week 9 bye can't come soon enough. 8-6

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 10-10-2008 at 01:54 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens over Titans- One turnover for a score likely wins this game, it could go either way, but I'll just pick the home team.

Packers over Falcons- Even though Matt Flynn plays imo and the Packers are injured on defense, the Falcons are playing a good team on the road. Now is when Ryan Grant gets started, take note doubters.

Panthers over Chiefs- I expect a very balanced attack from the Panthers offense in the form of Smith/Muhammed/J-Stew/Williams.

Chargers over Dolphins- Maybe Miami can sneak up on San Diego, Chargers have to travel to the opposite coast for a 1 PM EST start and are probably looking ahead to the SNF game against New England next week. I won't pick that though.

Eagles over Redskins- Clinton Portis had great success running the ball last week at Dallas, but I don't think he repeats that feat at Philly on Sunday.

Giants over Seahawks- I wonder how the Giants handle the bye, the Plax hoopla, and their newfound hype following the Dallas loss. I would have concerns, despite this being a game which they should very likely win.

Colts over Texans- Before Josh Scobee's overtime field goal last week, opponents were 10-for-10 in scoring touchdowns against the Texans' red zone defense. Oh look, here come the pissed off Colts with Peyton Manning in full regular season form.

Lions over Bears- Shocker I know, not a good week for Windy City sports fans. No Tommie Harris and Brandon Lloyd is one thing, but likely no Vasher and Tillman too? At Detroit? The Lions just might get this, unless Kitna screws it up with some picks (sixes).

Buccaneers over Broncos- If Brian Griese throws three picks again this week, he should kill himself.

Bills over Cardinals- Bills won't repeat what the Jets did, but a balanced offense and a solid defense (although Arizona will move the ball and score on them) helps them get the very close victory.

Cowboys over Bengals- I don't expect Palmer to play.
Patriots over 9ers - I'm not even tempted to pick the upset here, although I love the way the 9ers have been battling on both sides of the ball. I honestly think that if the 49ers would have converted to a 4-3 over this past offseason that they would have at least one more win so far this year.

jagsover Steelers - Pittsburgh now has Najeh Davenport and Gary Russell in the backfield with Mewelde Moore. They are missing their starting RG and were already having trouble keeping Roethlisberger off his back. Jags and Steelers is always a physical game and I'm expecting another Pittsburgh player to go down with an injury following this game.

vikingsover Saints - Drew Brees should have a field day against Minnesota's secondary but Minnesota should control the tempo of the game with their running game especially now that Sedrick Ellis isn't playing. The Saints week 9 bye can't come soon enough.

I coppied your post and bolded my picks because im lazy
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

week 1: 10-6
week 2: 10-5
week 3: 8-5
week 4: so far 9-4
overall: 28-16

Ravens over Titans- Will it be a 2-0 victory, the matchup certainly feels like it. I think the home advantage is just enough of a difference maker for the ravens.
false

Packers over Falcons- Close one with the Packers offense having injury trouble, however I still think they'll manage against a mediocre falcons team who are yet to win away.
false

Panthers over Chiefs- The balance on offense mentioned above is a difference maker, however i also think the panthers are just better.
true

Chargers over Dolphins- Chargers are just to good still and will win as long as they'll be able to stuff the run.
false

Eagles over Redskins- Eagles at home are just to good to handle, the redskins defense will keep it close but their offense might have trouble producing against a strong eagles d.
false

Giants over Seahawks- I am really impressed about the ability of the giants to adept to the losses of both their starting DE's. Defensively they look great and offensively they also seem to be producing. Besides I cant stress enough how dissapointing the Seahawks have been thusfar this season.
true

Colts over Texans- The Colts might not be in prime form, however with something to prove they'll easily manage to beat a rather weak team.
true

Bears over Lions- A good defense vs a team that hasnt got a strong side of the ball, I am going with the team that at least has one side of the ball in working order.
true

Broncos over Buccaneers- The Broncos have something to prove after an emberrasing loss last week. Their offensive juggernauth will have some troubles against a potent Buccs D however they'll just grind the game out.
true

Cardinals over Bills- Arizona hasn't played well on the east coast, but back in their own back yard they'll play up to potential, look for a big passing production.
true

Cowboys over Bengals- With Palmer probably out or otherwise still somewhat recovering a Cowboys team with something to prove is not your ideal opponent.
true

Patriots over 9ers - Patriots will just get it done, dont know how and why but they somehow will win this game.
true

Steelers over Jags- Although the Steelers run offense is all but dismantled by injury the team has a strong enough defense to cope with that against the Jags. This gain isn't gonna be pretty though.
true

Saints over Vikings - Without a injured Sedrick Ellis the Saints will have a tough time containing the run, however I dont see the Vikings being able to stop the Saints offensively. Expect a lot of quick passes for medium gaines and big nights from both Lance Moore and Robert Maechem. The key seems to be the ability of the saints defense to get of the field.

Last edited by wicket : 10-06-2008 at 05:19 AM.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diab, the bears are going into Detroit ;)

Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall :: 35-25
Last Week :: 7-6

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit W
Atlanta @ Green Bay L
San Diego @ Miami L
Seattle @ New York Giants W
Washington @ Philadelphia L
Kansas City @ Carolina W
Tennessee @ Baltimore W
Indianapolis @ Houston W
Tampa Bay @ Denver W
Cincinnati @ Dallas W
Buffalo @ Arizona L
New England @ San Francisco L
Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans

7-5 at the moment

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 10-05-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last Week 9-4
Overall: 35-25

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay
San Diego @ Miami
Seattle @ New York Giants
Washington @ Philadelphia
Kansas City @ Carolina
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Arizona
New England @ San Francisco

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I honestly think that if the 49ers would have converted to a 4-3 over this past offseason that they would have at least one more win so far this year.
We do run a 4-3. Nolan just says we run a 3-4. I would venture a guess that we run the 4-3 at least 60% of the time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay
San Diego @ Miami
Kansas City @ Carolina
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Arizona

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans
Old 10-04-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last Week: 7-6
Overall: 30-30

Sunday
Tennessee vs Baltimore
Kansas City vs Carolina
Chicago vs Detroit
Atlanta vs Green Bay
Indianapolis vs Houston
San Diego vs Miami
Seattle vs NY Giants
Washington vs Philadelphia
Tampa Bay vs Denver
Buffalo vs Arizona
Cincinnati vs Dallas
New England vs San Francisco
Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville

Monday
Minnesota vs New Orleans
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall: 19-10

Sunday
Tennessee vs Baltimore - W
Kansas City vs Carolina - W
Chicago vs Detroit - W
Atlanta vs Green Bay - L
Indianapolis vs Houston - W
San Diego vs Miami - L
Seattle vs NY Giants - W
Washington vs Philadelphia - L
Tampa Bay vs Denver - L
Buffalo vs Arizona - L
Cincinnati vs Dallas - W
New England vs San Francisco - W
Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville - L

Monday
Minnesota vs New Orleans

7-6....ugh.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 10-06-2008 at 12:32 AM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit
Latest word is that Tillman and Vasher are playing. Despite both having down seasons this defense still has enough to have a field day against Detroit's porous oline. Orton is actually doing things for the bears behind that patchwork oline and the lions D really is horrible he might even have a statistically good game, which is incredible for a bears QB, and Forte is going to hurt someone on that Lions D.

Atlanta @ Green Bay
Flynn is starting for Green Bay, a 7th round pick this year who got the job because Brohm was really miserable in the preseason. The Packers oline has been playing much more poorly than last year and the falcons D can get some pressure. Needless to say I don't like Flynn's chances here, the Falcons O have a tougher defense to face but I think Ryan will be put some points on the board with Harris out. Roddy vs Woodson should be great to watch. Falcons in a close game, 17-14ish

San Diego @ Miami
I like what I've seen from Miami so far, but Philip Rivers has played pretty incredibly this season and Miami will have to be very effective running the ball to keep it close. That said I have San Diego by a score.

Seattle travels cross country and we've got a chance to establish ourselves as the division leaders of the NFC East. Even though Plax is out I think our offense will be effective against Seattle, we've seen a lot of Julius Jones so I expect us to be very effective at shutting down Seattle's running game. Engram and Branch should be back for this game, but our corners have been exceptional and I expect us to get plenty of pressure on Hasselback. Giants by 7.

Philly, Washington's comes out flat after upsetting Dallas in a grueling battle. Philly comes out pissed about losing and being last in the NFC East.

Kansas City @ Carolina
I'd like to pick KC but I can't. Carolina's just too much more talented and playing so much better, even though otah and gross are out.

Tennessee @ Baltimore
Titans. Albert is going to eat McGahee and Flacco is going to beaten up. Ravens face a much better oline as Tennessee is able to move the ball on them enough to win this comfortably. Titans by 9.

Indianapolis @ Houston
Colts are finally starting to look healthy and getting Saturday back is huge for that oline. I'd like to see Houston show up and have a good game after the OT lose to Jacksonville, but I don't see it, this could be the blowout of the week.

Tampa Bay @ Denver
I think Denver bounceback against a strong Bucs defense and is able to goad Griese and that offense into a few turnovers which Cutler will be able to turn into points.

Cincinnati @ Dallas
Dallas, this will be challenging Indy/Houston for biggest blowout.

Buffalo @ Arizona
Bills go out to the desert and prove themselves against a aight Cardinals squad that'll be missing Boldin.

Belicheck coming out of a bye. San Fransisco and Mike Martz should be ready to attack that defense but I just can't pick against belicheck with that extra week to prepare.

Jacksonville in a really physical game. Big Ben banged up, Simmons out and Russel at RB just doesn't give off any good vibes.

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans
Minnesota should be able to chew apart NO's defense and hopefully they attack enough on D to keep Brees from going off on them.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Why are Vasher and Tillman having down seasons?
Tillman is playing great football and is #3 in solo tackles

Old 10-04-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Why are Vasher and Tillman having down seasons?
Tillman is playing great football and is #3 in solo tackles
Maybe I'm wrong but what I saw from them they weren't nearly as tight in coverage as in the past.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 1:: 9-7
Week 2:: 11-4
Week 3:: 9-7
Week 4:: 7-6
Overall:: 36-26

Sunday
Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers
San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins
Seattle Seahawks @ New York Giants
Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
Kansas City Chiefs @ Carolina Panthers
Tennessee Titans @ Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Denver Broncos
Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys
Buffalo Bills @ Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots @ San Francisco 49ers
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Monday
Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Last edited by WMD : 10-04-2008 at 10:47 PM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday
Chicago$$$$ @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay$$$
San Diego$$$ @ Miami
Seattle @ New York Giants$$$
Washington $$$$@ Philadelphia
Kansas City$$$$ @ Carolina
Tennessee @ Baltimore$$$$$
Indianapolis$$$$$ @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver$$$$$$$$$
Cincinnati @ Dallas$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Buffalo$$$$$$$ @ Arizona
New England @ San Francisco$$$$$$$$$$$
Pittsburgh$$$$$$$ @ Jacksonville

Monday
Minnesota$$$$$$$$$ @ New Orleans
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans > Ravens
Panthers > Chiefs
Lions > Bears
Packers > Falcons
Colts > Texans
Chargers > Dolphins
Giants > Seahawks
Eagles > Redskins
Bucs > Broncos
Cards > Bills
Cowboys > Bengals
Pats > 49ers
Jags > Steelers
Saints > Vikings

Upset... I dunno, I guess out of those it would be the lions over the bears maybe...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay
San Diego @ Miami
Kansas City @ Carolina
Tennessee@ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Arizona
Bye Week @ St. Louis

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay
San Diego @ Miami
Kansas City @ Carolina
Tennessee@ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Arizona

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but what I saw from them they weren't nearly as tight in coverage as in the past.
thats cause our pass rush sucks ass. If someone gets time against the zone defense/Tampa 2, its gonna get picked apart

Old 10-05-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall: 38-22

Last week: 7-6 (hopefully I can recover from that, haha)

Sunday
Chicago @ Detroit
Atlanta @ Green Bay
San Diego @ Miami
Kansas City @ Carolina
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Denver... Very close to picking TB
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Arizona

Monday
Minnesota @ New Orleans

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Ravens

Falcons

Panthers

Chargers

Eagles

Giants

Colts

Bears

Broncos

Bills

Cowboys

Patriots

Jaguars

Saints
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

Titans over Ravens- Ravens have a rookie qb and a tennesse leads the league in turnovers. But I do think this will be a close one.

Falcons over Packers- I know this is a crazy pick but I am going with my gut with this one. When matt flynn is your starter that cant be good and the packers defense has been depleted by injuries. There run defense was never that great in the first place, I see michael turner and jerious norwood having a good day on the ground on their way to victory.

Panthers over Chiefs- An easy win for carolina. The panthers will display a nice mix of the run and the pass.

Chargers over Dolphins-I kind of want to pick miami but the chargers are just more talented. People keep forgetting that patriots are really not that good without brady and how bad the patriots defense played two weeks ago. Phillip Rivers has played very well this year and with a bad miami secondary, i see him having a big day along with LT.

Eagles over Redskins- This one is tough pick.The Eagles have one of the best run defenses, Clinton portis will not be a factor today making it hard for jason campbell to get started. I see mcnabb having a good day, spreading it around to all his recievers plus westbrook is coming back this week.

Giants over Seahawks- Even without plaxico, their running game should pick up the slack. The seahawks offense is just too much in shambles for me to think they will win.

Colts over Texans- I am texans fan but I just have to be honest to myself. The texans defense has been atrocious to this point. There secondary is weak and they lost a starter on top of that. I think the texans have a pretty good day on offense but peyton manning and co just got off a bye. He owns the texans and will get back on track this game. hey at least my boy mario williams will have a big day.

Bears over Lions - Something is telling me to pick the lions, they just got off a bye and have to win a game eventually but Matt Forte will have is breakout game against the lions and lead them to victory.

Broncos over Buccaneers- Brian Griese turns the ball over way to much and thats the reason they lose this game. I dont think the broncos will have a great day offense but they willl be good enough to win.

Cardinals over Bills- I was goinig to pick the bills but i looked who they played so far and they havent played a team with a respectable offense or had injuries to the offense. I commend the bills for the way been playing but i think kurt warner along with fitzgerald have a huge day on offense and come away with a w.

Cowboys over Bengals- No Carson Palmer.

Patriots over 49ers- It's really tempting to pick San Fran, when they have a pretty good passing game and frank gore. But I expect the Pats coming off a bye coming away with a W.

Jaguars over Steelers- Another tough pick, I think all the injuries to the steelers are going to hurt them in this one. On top of that big ben hasn't been playing to form with the shoulder injury. This game is a low scoring affair and the jags come out by a field goal.

Saints over Vikings- I expect the saints come out and score quickly. Making the vikings abandon the run and gus ferotte...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called the Dolphins upset.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote