Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Wouldn't a terrible defensive line allow the offense to create lanes for running backs? Where they would be met by....linebackers?
Lol, you act like LBs don't move and try and stuff the run sometimes :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To help out the OP, I do buy that Mario Williams will one day be the NFL's best defensive player.

He's that talented, and that nasty.

Theres alot of competition for young Mario. That DeMarcus Ware guy didn't even get a mention but besides for Haynesworth...

And Falcons fan...Enjoy Abe until his pinky nail breaks. Sick, sick talent...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't a terrible defensive line allow the offense to create lanes for running backs? Where they would be met by....linebackers?
Where the linebackers would be blocked by olineman/tight ends getting to the 2nd level....
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's right, Mario might be the best. Lots of great DEs in the game today, but none is any better than Mario. I think the DT from Tennessee Haynesworth is the best defender I've seen this year, Mario is right there too.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Where the linebackers would be blocked by olineman/tight ends getting to the 2nd level....
Yeah, exactly what happens on my high school football team the guard/tight end is always up my damn ass.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
To help out the OP, I do buy that Mario Williams will one day be the NFL's best defensive player.

He's that talented, and that nasty.

Theres alot of competition for young Mario. That DeMarcus Ware guy didn't even get a mention but besides for Haynesworth...

And Falcons fan...Enjoy Abe until his pinky nail breaks. Sick, sick talent...
He really is unbelievably talented. He was injured in his first season with us, but since then he has been great.

If only we had another pass rush threat.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It lets the offensive line get past the first level. Where they would lock up with... linebackers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
It lets the offensive line get past the first level. Where they would lock up with... linebackers?
I'm assuming the d-line actually locks them up somewhat.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynesworth = league MVP
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
HUGH!

hes good but nowhere near as dominate as ted washington was.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Well, I would have been much more hyped about Haynesworth, but showing up 5 years into your carreer when your in contract years doesn't exactly excite me. Is he playing the best RIGHT NOW? Yes, but is he the best defender and is he the best defender to buld your team around considering age, position, and overall accomplishments? No, I love Haynesworth, but the guy didn't and hasn't shown up until last year. This was a guy who should have been on the same level as Marcus Stroud and Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams as the best DT in the league and he wasn't, he wasn't even close. This was a guy who at one time was being considered a player that was never going to live up to his potential, then BOOM! last year comes and he finally relizes he's at a cross roads in his carreer. I think Albert asked himself, "Do I play like I have the last 5 years and completely leave way to much to be desired and not get paid or do I go out there and play hard and play to the whistle and play to my ability so that I can get a monster contract?" I'm sorry, but showing up this late in your career doesn't make you the best player and I feel that the Titans felt the same way I did or they would have signed him to a big contract.

I look at the overall body of work, and thats what my thread was about. Mario has been the man from day one, and anyone who said that he's not the best defender on his team, then you don't watch the Texans and you don't know what your talking about. Pro-Bowl is a joke, everyone knows this, Vince Young goes his rookie year by default but he still is considered a Pro-Bowl player. I wouldn't consider him a Pro-Bowl player, would you? Point proven. As for not playing consistently? Sorry, but if you have watched the Texans you would know that he is the only one that plays consistently, also, someone said he doesn't show up against the Titans, I would like you to go back and watch both of last years games, and tell me what you think. Especially the game at Houston.

Also, yes this is his third year, thats my point, how many dominant defenders that are on the line that can be this domianant on the line at this point in their carreer and, and his ceiling not even being close to being reached. Thats the amazing part, the guy is only 23 years-old. 23 people, most players don't reach their prime till they are 26, 27 or 28 and he is at this level at 23.

As for that defensive line and the hype they got. Only was Okoye supposed to be a beast this year. Travis Johnson has never been on that level and he has been considered a bust for the past 3 years. Trust me, nobody has any confidence in Johnson and Anthony Weaver is garbage, thus the signing of Colvin in the off-season, who by the way is even worse then Weaver if thats possible. So please, nobody was saying this line was super, it was just Mario and Amobi and Amobi hasn't shown up at all. Also, if you notice, Mario is doubled, chipped and even tripled on some plays virtually all the time. It's unreal how talented he is and how unbelievably athletic he is.

Tale is on the tape and I've started to TiVo ever Texan game for this reason.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Well, I would have been much more hyped about Haynesworth, but showing up 5 years into your carreer when your in contract years doesn't exactly excite me.
My thoughts.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure everyone is aware of Mario Williams' dominance. Everyone would probably have him as the first defensive player to pick if you were starting a franchise.

I might consider Haloti Ngata, but only for the tiniest bit. There is a lot of young dominant talent in the league right now. Mario Williams, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson are the stars of tomorrow. Its nice seeing them dominate at such a young age.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way he is throwing linemen around like they are little girls and just cause its a contract year doesn't mean he isn't the best defensive player in the league right now.

The MVP award has nothing to do with what he did earlier in his career (granted a great career before that certainly helps with the extra exposure..) and you are clearly saying Mario is the best now, not 3 years ago, or else your point is ********... Maybe he hasn't been the best over the past 3 years, but it sure as hell hasn't been Mario either.

The past vs. present crap has nothing to do with this thread...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am pretty sure everyone is aware of Mario Williams' dominance. Everyone would probably have him as the first defensive player to pick if you were starting a franchise.

I might consider Haloti Ngata, but only for the tiniest bit. There is a lot of young dominant talent in the league right now. Mario Williams, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson are the stars of tomorrow. Its nice seeing them dominate at such a young age.
Absolutely, seriously, how lucky are we for the next 8 or 9 years, not to mention some of the young stars that are in college. And your right, I think if Halotu Ngata was playing straight up in a 4-3 as a pure DT and not a 3-4 DE he would be considered a top tier DT. I absolutely love what we are seeing right now in the NFL. I think we are finally getting away from that sloppy football from 2000-2004. I'm seeing great young and talented QB's, talented defenders, offesive players and even young hungry coaches. I mean when you look at the top 5 or so players at each position your seeing the majority of them as 28 or younger and even a few that are 25 or younger. Thats great for us fellas.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, not really, but he's been a beast this year.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Either way he is throwing linemen around like they are little girls and just cause its a contract year doesn't mean he isn't the best defensive player in the league right now.

The MVP award has nothing to do with what he did earlier in his career (granted a great career before that certainly helps with the extra exposure..) and you are clearly saying Mario is the best now, not 3 years ago, or else your point is ********... Maybe he hasn't been the best over the past 3 years, but it sure as hell hasn't been Mario either.

The past vs. present crap has nothing to do with this thread...
I used it as Haynesworth hasn't been even close to a dominanting player until last year. That to me shows that a) he either is only playing for his big contract or b) finally relized that after 5 years of mediocrity he might want to step it up abit.

My point is that he hasn't been there for his team when they were terrible. He shows up during a contract year, and sorry, but players do this all the time in all sports. Look at Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander. So, if Haynesworth gets a multi year deal and puts up the same type of production and leadership then I will be the first to say that he is the best defender in the game.

Being a productive player isn't everything. Being a leader, being a mentour, being a captain and face for your franchise is being the best player. Mario is established himself as that so far in his young carreer. Albert has yet to establish himself as a leader and a face of the Titan orginization. Bullock to me is the face of that team on defense. When you look at the top defenders in the league such as Urlacher, Willis, Merriman, Ware, Seymour, etc. they all play at a high level, are leaders and have made themselves the man to beat on their respective clubs. I put Mario in that catagory right now.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sad no one mentioned James Harrison.

James is 6'0 242lbs. He literally threw all 6'9 370lbs of Jared Gaither aside As he Crushed Flacco.

Pound for Pound, James Harrison is one of if not the Best Defender in the league. The guy just is unstoppable.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'm sad no one mentioned James Harrison.

James is 6'0 242lbs. He literally threw all 6'9 370lbs of Jared Gaither aside As he Crushed Flacco.

Pound for Pound, James Harrison is one of if not the Best Defender in the league. The guy just is unstoppable.
Stiller, your homerism is annoying but admirable. I have to respect someone who never backs down.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stiller, your homerism is annoying but admirable. I have to respect someone who never backs down.
My Homerism?

James Harrison had one of the greatest nights of all time last year in baltimore..

He's a more consistent dominant force than Mario Williams is.. Why shouldn't he be mentioned?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha...the greatest nights of all time....that's rich.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hahaha...the greatest nights of all time....that's rich.
?

Yeah a 10 tackle, 3.5 Sack, 1 INT, 1 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR night is a fairly common occurance. I apologize and will bow out of the thread.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

I would take Julius Peppers over Mario. Peppers when he has his head on right is the most dominant defensive end in the league.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
?

Yeah a 10 tackle, 3.5 Sack, 1 INT, 1 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR night is a fairly common occurance. I apologize and will bow out of the thread.
Do you realize that in the history of the NFL there have been about 30-40 thousand games? I bet you that most non-Steelers fans don't even remember that game and it happened very recently.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by joercky View Post
I would take Julius Peppers over Mario. Peppers when he has his head on right is the most dominant defensive end in the league.
Julius doesn't have his head on right any more and at the moment Osi is still a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote