Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Do you realize that in the history of the NFL there have been about 30-40 thousand games? I bet you that most non-Steelers fans don't even remember that game and it happened very recently.
So the fact people are oblivious to it makes it irrelevant.

I guess it just means who's the "Brett Favre" of the DL and there's your most dominant defensive player.

Production really doesn't matter apparently.

Which... was my point. Harrison is more productive, and he doesn't get to rush the QB every down. Also more consistent. If Mario Williams is in the discussion then someone who's more dominant and flat out produces more should be a relevant topic no?

But hey, if we're going all hype, throw me on the Mario Williams-train.

I could make an Argument that Aaron Smith is perhaps the Best 3-4 DE in the league.

Watch out for Lawrence Timmons though...

Per Aaron Smith: "Look out!" defensive end Aaron Smith predicted. "He's so young, but he's so talented. He's a good player now and going to get better. In two or three years, he's going to be unbelievable. I think he might be the best player in the NFL in two years."

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 10-06-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great, ur saying the guy on YOUR team is great and back it up with a comment by one of HIS teammates.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see a reason why Albert Haynesworth isn't the best player in the league currently. I might be a little biased because I remember how he singlehandedly wrecked the Saints, and he's been doing that to everyone.

He's easily my DPOY right now, and he has to be right up there in MVP, if the voting were legit.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I can't see a reason why Albert Haynesworth isn't the best player in the league currently. I might be a little biased because I remember how he singlehandedly wrecked the Saints, and he's been doing that to everyone.

He's easily my DPOY right now, and he has to be right up there in MVP, if the voting were legit.
I agree completely. Haynesworth has been an absolute monster the past two seasons.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Do you realize that in the history of the NFL there have been about 30-40 thousand games? I bet you that most non-Steelers fans don't even remember that game and it happened very recently.
51, you should know. Only Steelers games really count. Everything else is just a leadup to the main event, Pittsburgh vs. whomever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
51, you should know. Only Steelers games really count. Everything else is just a leadup to the main event, Pittsburgh vs. whomever.
imagine a Pittsburgh Giants game. OMG

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams is the best DE in the league.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts had Charlie Johnson playing LT yesterday, that has a lot to do with what Mario Williams was able to do (Jared Allen only started making a noticeable impact against the Colts when Ugoh left), for example, somehow on one play the matchups ended up with Joseph Addai blocking Mario Williams one on one (needless to say, that ended in a sack), not only is that a horrible matchup, but it shows that Johnson does not belong at the LT spot.

That's not knocking Mario Williams, I think he's well on his way to becoming an elite NFL DE much to my dismay, all I'm saying is consider the opposition he faced to get those sacks. It's not quite Justice vs. Osi, but let's just say I'd MUCH rather have Tony Ugoh out there protecting Peyton's blindside.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

1. Haynesworth- Best player on the best defense for two years
2. Tuck- The new prototye
3. Mario- He was worth the pick
4. Any Steeler OLB- Im serious
5. Vikings starting DTS
17. Ray Lewis- Drug test was the worst LB on the Ravens last year now he is dominant again suspicious.
102. Osi got fat off sacks against Winston Justice and D'Brickshaw Ferguson last year.
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
5. Vikings starting DTS
17. Ray Lewis- Drug test was the worst LB on the Ravens last year now he is dominant again suspicious.
102. Osi got fat off sacks against Winston Justice and D'Brickshaw Ferguson last year.
Osi was set to have a monster year this year. In PS, he looked significantly better than Tuck did. Osi is still our best defensive player.

I agree with Haynesworth being the best linemen in football though.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
5. Vikings starting DTS
James Harrison and Lamar Woodley are seriously both in the running for DPOY
Old 10-06-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

D-ware just wants everyone to know he has a sack in 8 straight games.

Consistency.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post

Consistency.
Two of his 5 sacks have come with less than 2 minutes left when the Cowboys were up by more than 1 score (Green Bay, Cincinnati) and 1 came in the 4th quarter when the Cowboys were up 28-7 on the Browns. You could argue that only 2 of his sacks were meaningful and 1 of those, the one against the Eagles, was a complete coverage sack.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Two of his 5 sacks have come with less than 2 minutes left when the Cowboys were up by more than 1 score (Green Bay, Cincinnati) and 1 came in the 4th quarter when the Cowboys were up 28-7 on the Browns. You could argue that only 2 of his sacks were meaningful and 1 of those, the one against the Eagles, was a complete coverage sack.
lmao. Tell that to the voters.

Mario is a great DE. Haynesworth is, hands down, "the best defensive player in the league."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Ware is a great player but I just thought I would point that out.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Consistency.
Oh stop it Burns. People don't like Cowboys fans talking about Cowboys players. The stats lie. Demarcus Ware is a scrub.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Oh stop it Burns. People don't like Cowboys fans talking about Cowboys players. The stats lie. Demarcus Ware is a scrub.
DeMarcus is the best three-four outside linebacker in the league, but he's not playing on Haynesworth's level, no one is.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Consistency.
Tony Romo just wants everyone to know he has a pick in 8 straight games.

Consistency.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ware is a great player but I just thought I would point that out.
I hear you. I'm not knocking the argument. But the stats are the only #s that matter. Nobody is going to review tape and change their mind, otherwise Strahan wouldn't be the single season sack leader and Brady wouldn't be the single season record holder for TDs w/a few of his ugly jump balls to Randy. *cough* Dolphins DBs suck *cough*

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I hear you. I'm not knocking the argument. But the stats are the only #s that matter. Nobody is going to review tape and change their mind, otherwise Strahan wouldn't be the single season sack leader and Brady wouldn't be the single season record holder for TDs w/a few of his ugly jump balls to Randy. *cough* Dolphins DBs suck *cough*
True, true.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahaha, that's fantastic. Nice leg work.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hahaha, that's fantastic. Nice leg work.
Thanks. It actually wasn't that hard thanks to the play-by-play on nfl.com. The only reason I even bothered is because I have watched every Cowboy game this year and it seemed like he would always get a sack late in the game.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams is the most overrated player on NFLDC, posters love to slurp him up. Seeing him ranked as the best DE in the league in another thread was funny. Too bad his impact during the game isn't close to his season numbers.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Mario Williams is the most overrated player on NFLDC, posters love to slurp him up. Seeing him ranked as the best DE in the league in another thread was funny. Too bad his impact during the game isn't close to his season numbers.
Stats.....lie. Especially when it comes to sacks and splash numbers like that.

Towards the end of the Bengals/'Boys game the 'Boys were getting coverage sacks like no other, those on paper can make some mediocre players look really good.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a bit funny coming from someone that overrates his favorite players as well. Mario Williams might be overrated on these boards (as far as being the best player in the league or ever, as some might argue) but that means nothing. He's still a top three defensive end, and the way he disrupts timing and protections for the offense is second to none. Not to mention his stellar run defense.