Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.
Default Donte Stallworth

Everyone is forgetting this guy is a FA. Where does he go??? I think the Vikings, hopefully back to the Eagles.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of teams with a bunch of cap room (Jags, Titans, and 49ers) come immediately to mind. All 3 of these teams have the cap room and a need for a good WR. Stallworth isn't a legit #1, and he has injury issues, but he is the best WR on the market, so a team will offer him a substantial contract.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if i was a team in need of decent #1 WR i would see how cheap i could get Joe Horn.

I think he could be for a young team what Muhammad is for the Bears. A veteran skill position player on an offense full of younger guys at the skill positions...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Horn has been unproductive the last few years. He is also in his 30's. Stallworth is 27. When healthy, he is a top 25 WR in the league. Horn is not and has been dinged up quite a bit. There is no legitimate logic in signing Horn over Stallworth, except for cost.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-02-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth was a superb fit in Philadelphia, I thought. He and McNabb really looked good when both were healthy, hopefully the Eagles keep him.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All signs point to Jacksonville not signing him, especially since he's looking for aN Antwaan Randel El type of deal. Del Rio has said that the team remains committed to the development of their young receivers and they're looking for more of a role-playing guy that can stretch a defense, not a guy who's going to command number one receiver money.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Turbeauxdog
Rookie

Turbeauxdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope the eagles keep him as well.

That would turn one of NO's 4th rounders into a 3rd :)

But, that probably also factors into the cost for Phillu to re-sign him. Making it that much less likely.
Turbeauxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I smell San Francisco.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbeauxdog View Post
I hope the eagles keep him as well.

That would turn one of NO's 4th rounders into a 3rd :)

But, that probably also factors into the cost for Phillu to re-sign him. Making it that much less likely.

It wouldn't turn our fourth rounder from Philly into a third. In order for that to have happened, they needed to give him an extention while he was still under contract.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
It wouldn't turn our fourth rounder from Philly into a third. In order for that to have happened, they needed to give him an extention while he was still under contract.
Yeah hopefully thats why we didnt resign him and we sign him in FA. It would be stupid not to, why did we trade for him in the first place anyway then? Idk maybe Reid wanted to get a good vet to let the other young WR's develop and now he might feel they are ready maybe.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is a move made to win now. The team never had any intention of signing him to an extension. It was all about getting Stallworth on the team to secure the WR corps. When DS had continued injury issues, the team decided not to risk the first day pick, so they let him go to FA. Even if they resign Stallworth, the Eagles 4th round pick will go to the Saints.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would look awfully good in KC :)
Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
Everyone is forgetting this guy is a FA. Where does he go??? I think the Vikings, hopefully back to the Eagles.
I see this happening.

I really see the Niners picking up....

Nate Clements, Joey Porter/Adalius Thomas, and either Dante Stallworth/Joe Horn.

I'm thinking with Clements, Porter and Stallworth, they'll be really competitive.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb528 View Post
I smell San Francisco.
I hope your right
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful View Post
I hope your right
Stallworth reminds me of antonio bryant in terms of playing style. Thats not necessarily bad, except he wants a 6 year 40 mil contract with a 18 million dollar signing bonus (as a minimum) while bryant got a 4 year 15 million dollar contract with a 5 million dollar signing bonus. Oh yeah, stallworth has injury problems too.

Ill take my chance with a rookie or a vet like moulds.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City perhaps

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I'm hoping the titans get in the mix for stallworth or horn because even if we draft a receiver in the draft, rookie wr are hardly ever productive, especially not from a #1 wr standpoint.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him. I still don't know why the Eagles aren't keeping him. He had a productive season when he was healthy. I'd maybe call it a breakout year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

love him in miami
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
eastside49er

I hope he goes to SF.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'd take him. I still don't know why the Eagles aren't keeping him. He had a productive season when he was healthy. I'd maybe call it a breakout year.
You nailed it, they are cautious to pay him big bucks cause he has been injury prone his whole career. They were never gonna re-sign him before FA the only chance he has to be back is if he takes a little less money but with play time incentives.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think he ends up with a super high contract like he wants, which may force him to stay...

being with his injury problems, and this being a very deep WR class, you can almost use a first rd pick on a WR at the top or bottom and come away with a guy who is ready to start day one, most teams may want to go the cheaper route...

i think the titans would rather have jarret or meachem then stallworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Turbeauxdog
Rookie

Turbeauxdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Whoah, is that true? If it was that would almost guarantee there was no chance we could ever get the 3rd. Why would they sign him before FA when they can just wait till 12:01 on March 1 and sign him and keep the 3rd?

So basically, there was 0 chance we would ever get the third. I would hope the contract would have worded it, if he signs a contract before next season with the eagles, we get a 3rd.
Turbeauxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN, the Eagles are the only team that have had talks with him yet. Still holds out hope for Eagles fans like me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think that Minnesota would be one of the most interested but their organiztion is messed up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote