Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
traded Cutler and McGahee for Pennington and Westbrook after Cutler's God-like performances weeks 1-2, don't ask me how or why it worked
that's why god invented the veto button

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
that's why god invented the veto button
yes but I don't have the power or influence over people not paying attention, I'm only one man

and upon further review, I hope he plays this week, realizes he can't, then hangs it up by week 8, because half my team is on bye when I face him that week

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Change this thread title to "Westbrook fantasy owners mourn loss".
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Change this thread title to "Westbrook fantasy owners mourn loss".
Ya pretty brutal. Sad when fantasy takes over the standard NFL thread.

How long is he expected to be out for? I see they are mentioning the possibility that he plays this week, but that is just a bad idea and they need to rest him. Get him ready for the home stretch (both real and fantasy - I have him too, haha).

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this must be why Westbrook never runs between the tackles.

:P
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The criticizing of Westbrook needs to stop. The dude is a freak and no less than a top 5 back in the league. Injuries happen, he can't help that.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
So this must be why Westbrook never runs between the tackles.

:P
Except, you know, he actually does. I love it when myths from five years ago are still believed.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
The criticizing of Westbrook needs to stop. The dude is a freak and no less than a top 5 back in the league. Injuries happen, he can't help that.
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time. Last year he was able to avoid injury, but he's been injured a lot over his career and seeing him hurt this year does not come as a surprise to me. He doesn't have the build to have a long NFL career. Dynamic player? Definitely Yes. An everydown NFL back? Definitely No.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time.
Wow that's such an erroneous statement. Can't say I'm stunned to hear it from a Cowboys fan though.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
wow that was a sucky draft
That's nothing. Check out my dynasty team. It was without a doubt the favorite to dominate the league coming into the year. Check out how sucky/injured this team became:

QB Brady (injured)
RB Westbrook (injured)
RB LJ (sucky)
WR Braylon (super sucky)
WR Reggie Wayne (Awesome)
TE Cooley (showed up for 1 game )
K Shayne Graham (horrible)
DEF San Diego (Awful)

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a pansy Westbrook is for not playing with broken ribs. Jim Abbot threw a no-hitter with one hand and Westbrook isn't playing because some of his internal bones are cracked. Seriously, get over yourself Westbrook.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
That's nothing. Check out my dynasty team. It was without a doubt the favorite to dominate the league coming into the year. Check out how sucky/injured this team became:

QB Brady (injured)
RB Westbrook (injured)
RB LJ (sucky)
WR Braylon (super sucky)
WR Reggie Wayne (Awesome)
TE Cooley (showed up for 1 game )
K Shayne Graham (horrible)
DEF San Diego (Awful)
That's a great team on paper. Larry Johnson has came on a little bit.

The team should get better as the season gos on if you have a backup quarterback.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
That's a great team on paper. Larry Johnson has came on a little bit.

The team should get better as the season gos on if you have a backup quarterback.
Well, lets just say I was bumping the salary cap before the season started and now with the injuries/suckiness of some of those guys, I have no chance what so ever. Hell, I had Drew Brees as my backup but lost him due to salary cap issues. Now I'm rolling with Matty Ryan.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time. Last year he was able to avoid injury, but he's been injured a lot over his career and seeing him hurt this year does not come as a surprise to me. He doesn't have the build to have a long NFL career. Dynamic player? Definitely Yes. An everydown NFL back? Definitely No.
I don't think he is overrated. You are right however, he is not an every down back but like you said a dynamic a player as he is the Eagles can't afford to not have him on the field as much as possible. Some people compare him to Marshall Faulk and I think that is quite fair because if you look at his last 4 years Faulk really broke down. Westbrook could go down this same road. I think the Eagles need to look for a more solid bigger built back for the future to take the load of Westbrook. Start using him like the Saints have Reggie Bush finally, we've all seen the drastic impact Bush has had now that Payton has figured out to use him in the offense and to his abilities.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Start using him like the Saints have Reggie Bush finally, we've all seen the drastic impact Bush has had now that Payton has figured out to use him in the offense and to his abilities.
Yeah that'd be great....if it weren't for the fact that Brian Westbrook is a better player and is better utilized than Reggie Bush.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Yeah that'd be great....if it weren't for the fact that Brian Westbrook is a better player and is better utilized than Reggie Bush.
Trust me I agree 100% but it might be time for them to take a little bit of the load off Westbrook. He is in so many ways like Faulk a dynamic runner and the best receiving threat out of the backfield in the NFL. I just think that his body as we're starting to see is taking a beating much like Faulk's did towards the end of his career.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad new for me have Brain on my fantasy team and he's a stud. Hope he wont be out for long. Does anyone know how long he's going to be out?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Bad new for me have Brain on my fantasy team and he's a stud. Hope he wont be out for long. Does anyone know how long he's going to be out?
He might play this weekend...and likely be criminally underused. I mean, we've got 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis to attempt, dammit!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He might play this weekend...and likely be criminally underused. I mean, we've got 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis to attempt, dammit!
Nice still don't know if i'll start him though, I've never broken ribs before but i can only imagine that it hurts to do simple things like..... breathe. I would think that running and getting crushed by 300 men is not going to be easy to say the least.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow that's such an erroneous statement. Can't say I'm stunned to hear it from a Cowboys fan though.
Oh stop. I acknowledge the fact that he is good and he's the heart and soul of that Philly offense. But I never acknowledged him as a Top 5 NFL RB. ...and some people think he's a Top 3 RB!!! That's why I think he's been overrated.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Oh stop. I acknowledge the fact that he is good and he's the heart and soul of that Philly offense. But I never acknowledged him as a Top 5 NFL RB. ...and some people think he's a Top 3 RB!!! That's why I think he's been overrated.
It may have something to do with the fact that he had the most APY last year and was near the top the year before???
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I am screwed in fantasy football, at least I got Matt Forte I am a genius!... I think this means Eagles finish last in NFC East again, but just my opinion on that one anything can happen.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Man I am screwed in fantasy football, at least I got Matt Forte I am a genius!... I think this means Eagles finish last in NFC East again, but just my opinion on that one anything can happen.
They were going to finish last anyway
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is that I believe that the Eagles would win any other NFC division. I think they are every bit as good as the Giants and Cowboys.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
They were going to finish last anyway
Even though they lost to the Redskins I thought they would give a fight to be the third best in the East, but I think this really is dagger in the heart the Giants, Skins, and Cowboys needed.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote