Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...and you'd have to alter your offense to fit Westbrook. Otherwise, he's less effective.
Can I have proof of this or are you just going to continue to spew random stuff? This ZOMGZ AWESOME system that you claim the Eagles run clearly isn't the same without Westbrook. If the offense was such a great "system", teams would have figured out Westbrook by now. The "system" might give Westbrook a lot of touches, but how do you explain the high yards per touch?

How do you explain the dropoff in stats from the team when Westbrook is out? If it's the "system", shouldn't anyone put up those numbers?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Can I have proof of this or are you just going to continue to spew random stuff? This ZOMGZ AWESOME system that you claim the Eagles run clearly isn't the same without Westbrook. If the offense was such a great "system", teams would have figured out Westbrook by now. The "system" might give Westbrook a lot of touches, but how do you explain the high yards per touch?

How do you explain the dropoff in stats from the team when Westbrook is out? If it's the "system", shouldn't anyone put up those numbers?
I think he is saying it is a system revolving around Westbrook moreso than it being a great system. Like the spread offense pumping up a lot of quarterbacks numbers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think he is saying it is a system revolving around Westbrook moreso than it being a great system. Like the spread offense pumping up a lot of quarterbacks numbers.
But if you're going to design an entire offense around a player, he must be decent, no?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if you're going to design an entire offense around a player, he must be decent, no?
That's not the case. The Eagles have always tried to find guys that fit that offense... from Duce Staley to Ryan Moats to Reno Mahe to Lorenzo Booker... even Buckhalter is a good receiver out of the backfield. Those are the types you guys get. Don't try and say Westbrook made them change their offensive philosophy because we both know that's not true.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
That's not the case. The Eagles have always tried to find guys that fit that offense... from Duce Staley to Ryan Moats to Reno Mahe to Lorenzo Booker... even Buckhalter is a good receiver out of the backfield. Those are the types you guys get. Don't try and say Westbrook made them change their offensive philosophy because we both know that's not true.
And we can clearly see it works ever so well with the other guys, right?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And we can clearly see it works ever so well with the other guys, right?
Duce was a beast. If you wanna say Westbrook is better than Buckhalter, Moats, Mahe and Booker, I have no problems with that. Fact still remains that Westbrook is not a fit for all NFL offenses, he benefits from being in the Philly system and he's overrated.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this question in the fantasy thread, but who would you pick up to replace B-West this week, LeRon McClain or Buckhalter?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Duce was a beast. If you wanna say Westbrook is better than Buckhalter, Moats, Mahe and Booker, I have no problems with that. Fact still remains that Westbrook is not a fit for all NFL offenses, he benefits from being in the Philly system and he's overrated.
Duce never put up the numbers that Westbrook has. His career high in rushing yards was 1,273 yards (at a 3.9 ypc). 3.9 ypc is awful. Westbrook averages 4.7 ypcarry for his career and 9.2 ypcatch. Duce averaged 4.1 ypcarry and 8.9 ypcatch. Staley also never combined for double-digit touchdowns in his career.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I posted this question in the fantasy thread, but who would you pick up to replace B-West this week, LeRon McClain or Buckhalter?
Apparently Buckhalter, because anyone can step in and do what Westbrook does.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, I hate the iggles as much as anyone, and constantly remind them they suck and McNabb's trophy case is filled with just Chunky soup, but Westbrook is nasty. He's raped our defenses for years. If it's the system, how come we haven't gameplanned for it years ago? the guy is an animal who finds wholes, exploits coverages and has litterally carried that eagles team at times. I mean, come on, he gets spotlighted almost every play and still kicks arse...

AND he went to 'nova, a Big East team I also hate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
McClain. He's a man.

But you should have better backup RBs than that unless you are in a very deep league.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
D, I hate the iggles as much as anyone, and constantly remind them they suck and McNabb's trophy case is filled with just Chunky soup, but Westbrook is nasty. He's raped our defenses for years. If it's the system, how come we haven't gameplanned for it years ago? the guy is an animal who finds wholes, exploits coverages and has litterally carried that eagles team at times. I mean, come on, he gets spotlighted almost every play and still kicks arse...

AND he went to 'nova, a Big East team I also hate...
I already mentioned that he was the heart and soul of the Philly offense.

I already mentioned that he is a dynamic player.

However, that doesn't make him a Top 3 NFL RB in my eyes. Not Top 5 either.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I already mentioned that he was the heart and soul of the Philly offense.

I already mentioned that he is a dynamic player.

However, that doesn't make him a Top 3 NFL RB in my eyes. Not Top 5 either.
JMO, but I'll take being effective. Pat White would be horrible in a conventional offense but in my eyes he is a very good college QB.

I know someone will come in and say Pat White is soft, but the point should be made.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

D, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why the Eagles' offense scores a full touchdown less when Westbrook doesn't play.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This coming from the biggest Philly homer on the site. That's funny.

The fact that I think Westbrook has been overrated has nothing to do with me being a Cowboys fan and for you to use that as an excuse is about as weak an argument as one could make up.
That's funny, because I think you being a Cowboys fan has everything to do with your view of Westbrook. He's nothing more than a glorified kick returner in a gimmicky offense? So what exactly does that make Felix Jones?

What would your view of Whimestbrook be if he played for the Cowboys? I have a feeling you'd have Westbrook's **** so far down your throat that you'd have trouble breathing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why the Eagles' offense scores a full touchdown less when Westbrook doesn't play.
Because they don't have anyone else as good as him. If they had a Gore, Portis, Jackson, Addai, Barber... etc etc... They wouldn't miss a beat. In fact, they'd probably show better results.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Because they don't have anyone else as good as him. If they had a Gore, Portis, Jackson, Addai, Barber... etc etc... They wouldn't miss a beat. In fact, they'd probably show better results.
That made no sense at all.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just wondering why you think he is a system player? What exactly is it about his game (besides screens) that is inflating his stats in the system? I think if he was in a team that ran the ball more he would have better stats as far as rushing goes. He could be effective in any system as a runner.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's funny, because I think you being a Cowboys fan has everything to do with your view of Westbrook. He's nothing more than a glorified kick returner in a gimmicky offense? So what exactly does that make Felix Jones?

What would your view of Whimestbrook be if he played for the Cowboys? I have a feeling you'd have Westbrook's **** so far down your throat that you'd have trouble breathing.
That comment was strictly pointed at ruffling Snipers feathers. C'mon now.

Felix is in the perfect role and nobody is calling him a Top 3 NFL RB.

...good analogy... but it sounds like you have first hand experience on knowing what that feels like in your mouth. Then again... I have no reason to doubt that.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That made no sense at all.
I have a funny feeling, you're the only one that made no sense to.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your'e really pulling for straws (is that the saying)? It would probably be better to just stop argueing. Neither of you will change your mind, no matter what the other poster says.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marion barber isn't even close to the reciever or overal back Westbrook is D.

and I fail to see how a Philly O that dislikes running is gimmicky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
marion barber isn't even close to the reciever or overal back Westbrook is D.

and I fail to see how a Philly O that dislikes running is gimmicky...
How can you say that? Barber is better between the tackles, better at blocking and catches everything his way. Like I said, Westbrook's receiving numbers are a product of the offense. He gets more receiving attempts. His receiving numbers are what makes him dynamic, but that doesn't mean he's the better overall RB. That's a joke. Barber can succeed in any NFL offense. Westbrook? No.

Any NFL team that dislikes running is the definition of gimmicky.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm just wondering why you think he is a system player? What exactly is it about his game (besides screens) that is inflating his stats in the system? I think if he was in a team that ran the ball more he would have better stats as far as rushing goes. He could be effective in any system as a runner.
This is a pretty simple question that you seem to have ignored twice now. If anything the eagles "system" is holding him back from being a consistent 1,500 yard rusher that he could be on teams like PIT and JAX.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
This is a pretty simple question that you seem to have ignored twice now. If anything the eagles "system" is holding him back from being a consistent 1,500 yard rusher that he could be on teams like PIT and JAX.
I have supported Westbrook but he would and will never be a consistent 1,500 yard rusher.