Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I have supported Westbrook but he would and will never be a consistent 1,500 yard rusher.
That's because he doesn't get enough carries in the eagles offense, if he got 350 carries a season the only question would be durability.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
This is a pretty simple question that you seem to have ignored twice now. If anything the eagles "system" is holding him back from being a consistent 1,500 yard rusher that he could be on teams like PIT and JAX.
I think you're not understanding my responses if you think I haven't already answered that.

Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the pass happy offense that the Eagles employ. If Westbrook was asked to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, his statistics would fall way short of the Top 3 NFL RBs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's because he doesn't get enough carries in the eagles offense, if he got 350 carries a season the only question would be durability.
But he doesn't even have durability as is!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
better at blocking
Since when?

Quote:
and catches everything his way
Join the club.

Quote:
Like I said, Westbrook's receiving numbers are a product of the offense. He gets more receiving attempts.
Which is why yards per catch is a great stat. Barber averages 7.1 for his career, Westbrook averages 9.2 for his career.

Quote:
Any NFL team that dislikes running is the definition of gimmicky.
So the Dallas offense is gimmicky as well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Since when?

Join the club.

Which is why yards per catch is a great stat. Barber averages 7.1 for his career, Westbrook averages 9.2 for his career.

So the Dallas offense is gimmicky as well.
Barber is one of the best blocking backs in the league.... again, Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the system... Garrett's playcalling has come into question, but philosophically, the two offenses are completely different. If I need to explain that to you, then I'm done here.

I've made my points. Now I'm at the point where I'm debating with a homer. Get over your fandom. Westbrook is overrated.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you're not understanding my responses if you think I haven't already answered that.

Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the pass happy offense that the Eagles employ. If Westbrook was asked to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, his statistics would fall way short of the Top 3 NFL RBs.
They would?

20+ carry games in Westbrook's career (Regular season)

'05 Green Bay: 20 carries, 120 yards, 6.0 ypc
'06 Washington: 22 carries, 113 yards, 5.1 ypc
'06 Tennessee: 22 carries, 102 yards, 4.6 ypc
'06 Indianapolis: 20 carries, 124 yards, 6.2 ypc
(These three games were in a row)
'06 Dallas: 26 carries, 122 yards, 4.7 ypc
'07 Green Bay: 20 carries, 85 yards, 4.3 ypc
'07 New York Jets: 20 carries, 120 yards, 6.0 ypc
'07 Minnesota: 21 carries, 46 yards, 2.2 ypc
'07 Washington: 20 carries, 100 yards, 5.0 ypc
'07 Miami: 32 carries, 148 yards, 4.6 ypc
'07 New York Giants: 20 carries, 116 yards, 5.8 ypc

Westbrook has had 20+ carries in 11 games in his career (this doesn't count screen passes, which Reid counts as a run when charting stuff. I don't agree with it, but it's the way it is). In 9 of those 11 games, he's had over 100 yards.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Wrong thread
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Barber is one of the best blocking backs in the league.... again, Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the system... Garrett's playcalling has come into question, but philosophically, the two offenses are completely different. If I need to explain that to you, then I'm done here.

I've made my points. Now I'm at the point where I'm debating with a homer. Get over your fandom. Westbrook is overrated.
Pot, meet kettle...

You have yet to explain to me how Westbrook's higher yards per touch average is due to the system. I could see more touches. But how does the system make him get more yards per touch.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
But he doesn't even have durability as is!!!
He's played at least 15 games every year since he's been the starter.

Any other ******** arguments I can shoot down for you?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He's played at least 15 games every year since he's been the starter.

Any other ******** arguments I can shoot down for you?
I'm actually laughing at how emotional you're getting. ...and he missed 4 games in 2005. He's only had 2 healthy years in his career (2006 & 2007) and even then he's missed games.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'm actually laughing at how emotional you're getting. ...and he missed 4 games in 2005. He's only had 2 healthy years in his career (2006 & 2007) and even then he's missed games.
I'm not emotional. The stupidity and homerism in your posts is astounding. scotty's not even this bad of a homer with Brian Leonard and Ray Rice.

Still waiting for the explanation about the higher yards per touch.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle...

You have yet to explain to me how Westbrook's higher yards per touch average is due to the system. I could see more touches. But how does the system make him get more yards per touch.
Your offense is schemed to let the RB run downfield. What? You didn't know that? You and your stats crack me up. ...and here you were criticizing Colt Brennan. Funny how your opinion changes now that the tables are turned.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not emotional. The stupidity and homerism in your posts is astounding. scotty's not even this bad of a homer with Brian Leonard and Ray Rice.

Still waiting for the explanation about the higher yards per touch.
If there's a homer here, it's you buddy. I'm not the one making Westbrook to be something he's not.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Your offense is schemed to let the RB run downfield. What? You didn't know that? You and your stats crack me up. ...and here you were criticizing Colt Brennan. Funny how your opinion changes now that the tables are turned.
Only when it's not. The passing game for the RB revolves around passes into the flats and screen passes. Good attempt though.

Quote:

If there's a homer here, it's you buddy. I'm not the one making Westbrook to be something he's not
Colt Brennan for Heisman!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Only when it's not. The passing game for the RB revolves around passes into the flats and screen passes. Good attempt though.

Colt Brennan for Heisman!
No better yet.... Nice try at denying your own team's offensive philosophy. The Eagles offense may revolve around short passes to Westbrook, but it's certainly not limited to that. Don't be so naive.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
No better yet.... Nice try at denying your own team's offensive philosophy. The Eagles offense may revolve around short passes to Westbrook, but it's certainly not limited to that. Don't be so naive.
Right. You're just an expert. I mean, I see Westbrook run deep all the time.

I actually can't remember the last time Westbrook went deep.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow u both are incredible homers

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
wow u both are incredible homers
And which side are you on? Top 3 RB in the NFL or not?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want
I'll agree with that. If you want to copy Philly, then Westbrook is a Top 5 RB. Fact of the matter is that NFL teams out there don't duplicate Philly's offensive philosophy.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I'll agree with that. If you want to copy Philly, then Westbrook is a Top 5 RB. Fact of the matter is that NFL teams out there don't duplicate Philly's offensive philosophy.
I dont buy too much into ur system thing. Is the system adding something? yes they add something, just look at those horrible WRs they had. If i think about a system that inflates stats its the saints offense with reggie bush.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I dont buy too much into ur system thing. Is the system adding something? yes they add something, just look at those horrible WRs they had. If i think about a system that inflates stats its the saints offense with reggie bush.
OK, so what NFL offenses were you referring to when you said, "im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want".
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

if i wanna pound the ball down the middle alot id prolly go gore, lt or barber. If I go pass first/pass happy offense or more outside runs i think he is a top3 back for those systems

Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
McClain. He's a man.

But you should have better backup RBs than that unless you are in a very deep league.
Well I do have Steve Slaton, but he is playing Miami. Needless to say, Mr. Slaton will certainly be sitting very comfortably on the bench for me this week.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote