Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74
Default Week 5 Sunday in review

Week 5 is usually when the great teams seperate from the rest of the pack. This season is not one of those seasons. Giants maybe be the only great team in the NFL(I hate saying that). So let's review
Chicago 34 Detroit 7
- Even though he has been fired his stench was all over this loss
- Kyle Orton has a higher passer rating than Peyton Manning would you believe that when the season started.
Atlanta 27 Green Bay 24
- Can everyone just admit now that Matt Ryan is good
- Packers record with Rodgers 2-3. Packers record if they had Favre 2-3
San Diego 10 Miami 17
-And I was just going to start the Phillip Rivers elite QB argument.
- Ronnie Brown is good like really good
NY Giants 44 Seattle 6
- AFC East and NFC East won some sort of raffle to get to play the NFC West. These 2 confrences may send 6 teams just because they play the NFC West.
- Eli now is going through the Terry Bradshaw effect
- David Carr threw a TD yes it got that bad
Washington 23 Philadelphia 17
- Jason Cambell hasn't thrown an int yet.
- For the third time this year Eagles have taken defeat from the jaws of victory. They have to be the best 2-3 team I have ever seen.
Carolina 34 Kansas City 0
- Carolina averaged 10.7 yards per pass
- If Herman Edwards keeps his job after this season he becomes the Matt Millen of coaching
Tennessee 13 Baltimore 10
- Even though Kerry Collins tried to do everything in his power to prevent it the Titans won.
- Ever Since Albert Haynesworth steped on Andre Gurode face he has been the best defensive player in the NFL
Indy 31 Houston 27
- Sage Rosenfels look liked like he one the starting QB job, then he did his John Elway, Cap Rooney impression and next week him be holding a clipboard
- Anyone see Peyton Manning make a bull durham reference in his press confrence. People wonder why Peyton is loved.
Denver 16 Tampa Bay 13
- Broncos defense finally showed up its a miracle
- Brian Griese finally played against the team that drafted and he proved why they hate him.
Dallas 31 Cincinatti 22
- Ocho Cinco has to bring back the checklist. So every week he can check off every reciever.
- Terrel Ownes only catches two passes in a win. His reception total in wins 5, 3, 2, 2
Arizona 41 Buffalo 17
- I have no idea how Buffalo loss so I will just blame J.P Losman
- I still have no idea of how this happen
New England 30 San Fransico 21
- Randy Moss now has had 7 different QBS complete 60 yard passes to him (Cunningham,George, Culpepper, Frerotte, Collins, Brady, Cassel)
- J.T O'Sullivan is very eratic
Pittsburgh 26 Jacksonville 21
- Anyone see how quickly Dennis Dixon and Byron Leftwitch ran when Ben went down for a second
- John Madden really likes Troy Polamulu it is starting to reach Favre levels.
Power Rankings
1. Giants
2. Titans

362 Chiefs

577 Lions
578 Rams
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Witten is Dallas's MVP right now. If it wasn't for him, they could possibly have 3 losses right now.

We've all said that TO is the key to that offense. We might be wrong. It might be Jason Witten.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Millen of coaching? Wow. That's a bit harsh. That loss was about as painful as it's ever been for KC fans but I'm personally still optimistic.

Not about yesterday. That was just complete garbage. We didn't show up at all, but I'm happy with the way the team is being built. We're a young team and everyone knew this season would be ugly so it's a little easier to take. But just a little.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Matt Millen of coaching? Wow. That's a bit harsh. That loss was about as painful as it's ever been for KC fans but I'm personally still optimistic.

Not about yesterday. That was just complete garbage. We didn't show up at all, but I'm happy with the way the team is being built. We're a young team and everyone knew this season would be ugly so it's a little easier to take. But just a little.
The Chiefs are just really young, they had a fantastic draft and it will start paying off soon enough. They also have an issue at QB, but once they get that settled they will be back.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Brian Westbrook showing his age, or is he just a sissy little *****?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

I was going to put this in did anyone see what was on Matt Jone's face.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Jason Witten is Dallas's MVP right now. If it wasn't for him, they could possibly have 3 losses right now.

We've all said that TO is the key to that offense. We might be wrong. It might be Jason Witten.
I think Marion Barber is key to the Dallas offense. Jason Witten is the lock that the key fits in. There's a bad joke in there somewhere.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herm Edwards is fine coach.

Don't be hating. He will keep his job, they have a young team and will lose some.

Don't compare detroit to KC.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think a healthy TO is the most important position for their offense, in terms of receivers. He'll open things up for the rest of the team, and can give them that one big play in the game to keep/change momentum.

If he were to go down, or gets banged up, the offense falls off hard. And we've seen that in the playoffs the last two years.

I love Witten and Barber, please don't get me wrong on that account, but I think the Cowboys could get by much easier if either were to go down than TO. Especially when they drafted two good-looking pups at those positions this past April.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think Marion Barber is key to the Dallas offense. Jason Witten is the lock that the key fits in. There's a bad joke in there somewhere.
Felix Jones > Marion Barber

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Herm Edwards is fine coach.

Don't be hating. He will keep his job, they have a young team and will lose some.

Don't compare detroit to KC.
He ran Larry Johnson to the ground.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the Terry Bradshaw effect?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Being sorry and just havin a bunch of really good people around you so all you have to do is throw the ball up?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Washington 23 Philadelphia 17
- Jason Cambell hasn't thrown an int yet.
He hasn't fumbled either which was a bigger problem for him in the past than ints.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm going to put this out there and you can take it or leave it, but JP Losman < Rex Grossman.He'll complete the one bomb to Lee Evans a game, but outside of that all he's good for are sacks and INTs. On the last few drives he was dropped or picked off every time he dropped back to pass It was kind of hilarious to watch since I'm not a bills fan, just a bills sympathizer.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Michael Smith and Peter King have echoed what I said yesterday.

Apologies will be accepted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
HUGH!

Quote:

Nah T.O. is the key to the cowboys offense. They won as a team man. And if you say jason witten won the games its really unfair. He has his teamates, he has his quarterback.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Michael Smith and Peter King have echoed what I said yesterday.

Apologies will be accepted.
LOL they will gain you some credibily.....sike
Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Having both of them is the key to their offense. You can double team TO and minimize his impact, you can double team Witten and minimize his impact, but you can't double team and shut down both, so one of them will get you and that versatility in their attack is why they can be such a pass heavy team and succeed, unless of course Garrett feelings like forgetting the pass and just running for a stretch until he decides he's ran enough can just pass for the next drive or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Being sorry and just havin a bunch of really good people around you so all you have to do is throw the ball up?
Really good people like Hixon, Toomer, Smith, Mario, Boss and the RBs? I mean I thought we just determined that our skill position players weren't that as good as most giants fans were saying? Either way I think eli makes our receivers look better more than they make him look better but I'm sure I won't convince many people of that.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He ran Larry Johnson to the ground.
And? What else are you supposed to do with running backs?

Let them sit on the bench?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
It is a term I thought of and it is in it beginning stages. It is when you were either hated by your fans or considered a dissapointment or both but when you won a title you were loved and you seemed to play with more confidence. Before the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 1974 Bradshaw was hated by his fan base and his highest passer rating 64.1. But after he won the Super Bowl his rating the next year 88.0(very high for the deadball era). Other instances Eli Manning, Chauncey Billups, Phil Simms
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
And? What else are you supposed to do with running backs?

Let them sit on the bench?
Not let him carry the ball 415 times thats absurd. That breaks the curse of 370 by 45 carries
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is a term I thought of and it is in it beginning stages. It is when you were either hated by your fans or considered a dissapointment or both but when you won a title you were loved and you seemed to play with more confidence. Before the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 1974 Bradshaw was hated by his fan base and his highest passer rating 64.1. But after he won the Super Bowl his rating the next year 88.0(very high for the deadball era). Other instances Eli Manning, Chauncey Billups, Phil Simms
A lot of the more intelligent giants fans were patient with Eli it's dumb fans who loved tiki and the pro-tiki media that trashed eli and threw him under the bus.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
A lot of the more intelligent giants fans were patient with Eli it's dumb fans who loved tiki and the pro-tiki media that trashed eli and threw him under the bus.
You have to admit he was pretty bad in the regular season. He turned the ball over 27 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arizona 41 Buffalo 17
- I have no idea how Buffalo loss so I will just blame J.P Losman
- I still have no idea of how this happen
Don't blame Losman. He was far from spectacular, but this one is on the defense, and the o-line stopped doing him favors in the second half.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote