Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
a down year....:(.....come on now, you can not deny he has been a beast.
no i agree he was a damn good LB for a while. i like the steelers as my 3rd team.

i have to rub it in your face though as a ravens fan :D
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah all of my posts go to bashing Porter... MMMHMMM

I just don't like the guy, I see a thread about him, expect me to comment.
The best part was Pittsburghs redemption. The fact that 2 plays after Winslow threw Porter.. Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean you have to put in a worthless input. How is "Aww How is Winslow going to get lucky and make 1 good play against a good player now... He did it once, maybe he could make a good play again" everytime someone brings up Joey Porter.

Brownsfans.. haha.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^agreed. Brownsfans
Old 03-01-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
no i agree he was a damn good LB for a while. i like the steelers as my 3rd team.

i have to rub it in your face though as a ravens fan :D
Although, couldn't a Steelers fan rub it in a Ravens fans face that they are losing a possible better talent?

If so, I guess neither of us have much to laugh about.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i do. i fully expect you to put your 2 cents in. but next time come up with another play, like the one where we beat yall 41-0 or the one where your quaterback fumbles the ball 4-5 times a game b/c of porter. pick one of those plays. not the same one, it is getting old.
The Browns suck, thats obvious, it's just fun to post Porter getting slammed into the ground because he runs his mouth so much.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
The best part was Pittsburghs redemption. The fact that 2 plays after Winslow threw Porter.. Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean you have to put in a worthless input. How is "Aww How is Winslow going to get lucky and make 1 good play against a good player now... He did it once, maybe he could make a good play again" everytime someone brings up Joey Porter.

Brownsfans.. haha.
One good play? More like 89 receptions 875 yards, thats one good play of many, he was our only bright spot on offense all year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hated the signing of our new idiot head coach and I hate it even more now. This is gonna come back and bite us big time. How I can't stand Tomlin and he hasn't even coached a game yet. It's gonna be a long season with this moron as a coach.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

Quote:
Wow. That was real impressive. Guess I don't see what was so great about that play. Of course when your a clowns fan, I guess you have to get excited about something.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY View Post
I hated the signing of our new idiot head coach and I hate it even more now. This is gonna come back and bite us big time. How I can't stand Tomlin and he hasn't even coached a game yet. It's gonna be a long season with this moron as a coach.
I bet you would have said the same about Cowher when he was hired.

Give him a chance. He has made 2 big moves as the coach and I've like both of them. (signing Aaron Smith to a 4 year deal and cutting Porter)

Lets give him some time before deciding we hate him just cause he's not Whis.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One good play? More like 89 receptions 875 yards, thats one good play of many, he was our only bright spot on offense all year.
My bright spot was when 190lb Anthony Smith made 7 of your recievers drop passes. 2 by Winslow.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I bet you would have said the same about Cowher when he was hired.

Give him a chance. He has made 2 big moves as the coach and I've like both of them. (signing Aaron Smith to a 4 year deal and cutting Porter)

Lets give him some time before deciding we hate him just cause he's not Whis.
I loved the Cowher signing, and don't care if we didn't sign whiz. I just hate the fact we signed a guy who has no clue about the steelers. At least Cowher knew what the Steelers were about. I would love for me to be wrong about Tomlin, but I'm afraid I won't be. This just proves he doesn't understand Steelers football. Porter had a down year fronm what he usually has, but he led us in sacks had a couple of int's and was a very vocal leader. Now we don't have that big leader on D. Thankyou very much Tomlin.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Jets. At this point in his career, I don't see him wanting to play DE, and he would not be a good fit at LB in a 4-3 Defense. The Pats may express interest but I don't see him going there. Chargers are also possible, but I'm thinking Jets.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Although, couldn't a Steelers fan rub it in a Ravens fans face that they are losing a possible better talent?

If so, I guess neither of us have much to laugh about.
yeah really :(
Old 03-01-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Kamerion Wimbley plays the same position and is better than Porter was last year, I dont want the dude on Cleveland, but i dont think thats an option.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Jets. At this point in his career, I don't see him wanting to play DE, and he would not be a good fit at LB in a 4-3 Defense. The Pats may express interest but I don't see him going there. Chargers are also possible, but I'm thinking Jets.
This I believe is misunderstanding. I think Porter could very well be a solid if not pretty stellar 4-3 OLB. I don't know if he'd be a Sam or Will. I'm leaning towards Sam as he's a solid Pass Rusher and he's even better in coverage. I mean he single handedly beat the Dolphins in the season opener.

He's big/Powerful enough to rush the passer, but quick enough to cover the TE. I think he'd be an exceptional 4-3.. in fact, he might be better in the 4-3 because of him aging, he'll still be solid, in fact he might see another pro-bowl or 2 in a 4-3.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Kamerion Wimbley plays the same position and is better than Porter was last year, I dont want the dude on Cleveland, but i dont think thats an option.

... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

Seriously, Porter > McGinnest and in a healthy year he'd flat out smoke Wimbley.

You browns fans are funny.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

Seriously, Porter > McGinnest and in a healthy year he'd flat out smoke Wimbley.

You browns fans are funny."

I said Wimbley was better last year, you dont have to call the police on me because it was a 100% true statement. Your insinuating my comment to involve his career in which was un called for on your part.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I loved the Cowher signing, and don't care if we didn't sign whiz. I just hate the fact we signed a guy who has no clue about the steelers. At least Cowher knew what the Steelers were about. I would love for me to be wrong about Tomlin, but I'm afraid I won't be. This just proves he doesn't understand Steelers football. Porter had a down year fronm what he usually has, but he led us in sacks had a couple of int's and was a very vocal leader. Now we don't have that big leader on D. Thankyou very much Tomlin.
You do realize that this wasn't all Tomlin. Colbert wouldn't let Tomlin just come in and cut a player that he thought was useful. The organization agreed that Porter wasn't worth the money/hassle and thats why he was cut.

Tomlin is enough of Steelers football for me. He believe in running the ball and stopping the run. Same exact thing as the Steelers, just different methods.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see, I've never thought he would be particularly effective as a 4-3 OLB. He does a good job in coverage but if that is a more common duty for him I doubt he would be as effective. He has the physical ability to make the switch sure, but you are assuming that he would have no problem at all having to change his game quite a bit. As for the Dolphins game that was good positioning by Porter, but a horrible pass from Culpepper.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

I just think the Steelers franchise is to good to be as bad as some think they might be soon. They will be fine. They will probably have at least 2 wins a year beating my Browns so....
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
"... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

You browns fans are funny."

I said Wimbley was better last year, you dont have to call the police on me because it was a 100% true statement. Your insinuating my comment to involve his career in which was un called for on your part.

You make it sound like it's a big deal that in a pro-bowl veterans decline that you had an LB on your roster that played as good as him.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation.
He won 1 game his first year (1-13) and it was 4 superbowls in 6 years.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just think the Steelers franchise is to good to be as bad as some think they might be soon. They will be fine. They will probably have at least 2 wins a year beating my Browns so....

I can't remember the last time we finished with less than 6 wins. I know we never did it under Cowher.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"You make it sound like it's a big deal that in a pro-bowl veterans decline that you had an LB on your roster that played as good as him."

I think your starting to take this message board to seriously, and as advice, I dont think you should react like you do, its bad for you.

Everythings so personal.