Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation.

I think the steelers made the right choice. Whats it been, 2 coaches in 30 years? The steelers are epitome of stability in the NFL. And they know what they are doing when they hire coaches.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its like 38 actually. Cowher had 15 and Noll had 23 if I remember right.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though there had been talk that the Steelers might cut linebacker Joey Porter, word is that Porter and his agent were shocked by the move.

Apparently, Porter had still be angling for a raise, and had fully expected to get one.

From PFT

That is exactlly why Porter had to go. Even after a down year he expected a pay raise.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could he play SAM in a 4 - 3?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think he'd be better as a Will. He is definately most valuable to a 3-4 team though.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off PFT, take it FWIW (I know I am)

Quote:
In our view, this means that Porter will be even more pissed off at the Steelers -- and more likely to try to land within the AFC North.

Meanwhile, word is that the Bengals have been doing some research on Porter with an eye toward trying to sign him.
He's buddies with CJ (even though they talk trash)... Not sure where his place would be in a 4-3 and I don't want to give him big cash. Every offseason Marvin looks for a FA LB though so there's potential.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see the Patriots taking him. Maybe the Niners, too. Can't really see the Cowboys getting him, unless they move Carpenter to ILB.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Off PFT, take it FWIW (I know I am)

He's buddies with CJ (even though they talk trash)... Not sure where his place would be in a 4-3 and I don't want to give him big cash. Every offseason Marvin looks for a FA LB though so there's potential.

I think he'd be best at a Will. I don't think the Bengals wouldn dish out the money though. They cut Simmons because they wanted more space under the cap. I'm sure Porter is going to command a ton of money.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-E-T-S. thats my guess right now.

the bengals have been said to be looking to implement some 3-4 looks to get a bunch of their young LBers on the field at the same time. Porter would only help them do it so i could see them as a possibility.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
no i agree he was a damn good LB for a while. i like the steelers as my 3rd team.

i have to rub it in your face though as a ravens fan :D
OK but if Adalius does end up walking that gives us cap room for Suggs who is young and has more overall potential then Adalius at the 3-4 OLB position

Quote:
Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

You wanna talk about getting knocked into next season, look below

"I don't think I have ever been hit that hard"
Ben Rothlisberger

and o yea Karma is grand

I assume it was "Thats Mrs. Lewis to you"
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly though, don't be suprised to see Rams take a look at him and push for him. Jim Haslett was his Defensive Coord. a few years ago.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would he fit in a 4-3 though, he would be best suited in a 3-4 or a 4-3/3-4 hybrid like the Ravens run
Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
My bright spot was when 190lb Anthony Smith made 7 of your recievers drop passes. 2 by Winslow.
That was Edwards, not winslow.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-01-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'm well aware of who Winslow is and he had multiple drops in the game. I was at the game and I remember 1 was gonna be a first down and smith drilled him and he dropped it. There was another late in the game aswell.

And isn't it a shame you have to go back to black and white pictures to try and get something on the Steelers. Bad thing about being a Browns fan is that you get excited about 1 good play because thats all you get. Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well him fitting at WLB would be best for us, that's where we lack the least playmaking potential.

You're right though money talks. We could sign Justin Smith long term to a more cap friendly deal and we'd have room to spare but that's not really our style.

It'd be too weird to actually root for him....
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm well aware of who Winslow is and he had multiple drops in the game. I was at the game and I remember 1 was gonna be a first down and smith drilled him and he dropped it. There was another late in the game aswell.

And isn't it a shame you have to go back to black and white pictures to try and get something on the Steelers. Bad thing about being a Browns fan is that you get excited about 1 good play because thats all you get. Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0.
Do you know what an official drop is? If you are hit in the act of catching the ball it doesn't count as a drop, if the QB leaves the receiver out to dry and he gets whacked from behind its not a drop, secondly... Winslow may have had ONE DROP on a ball that went off his fingertips later that game, only one pass was broken up, and it was by Farrior after Winslow late hit him, so get it straight.

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 03-01-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh Trust me. He hit Edwards too. He definitely Jacked Winslow as Well.

<---WinslowBodden

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh Trust me. He hit Edwards too. He definitely Jacked Winslow as Well.

<---WinslowBodden
Actually, no thats not me, but thats clever...

Anyways, no, Anthony Smith did not jack Winslow, it was Farrior.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

You don't know what you talking about. I was at the game and Winslow was thrown to on 3rd down. He was about 20 yards from the LOS and he got both hands on the ball before Smith killed him and he dropped it. Smith did it to atleast 5 people that game.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you know what an official drop is? If you are hit in the act of catching the ball it doesn't count as a drop, if the QB leaves the receiver out to dry and he gets whacked from behind its not a drop, secondly... Winslow may have had ONE DROP on a ball that went off his fingertips later that game, only one pass was broken up, and it was by Farrior after Winslow late hit him, so get it straight.

I don't care about the official drop. Winslow got both hands on the ball multiple times and would have caught it if he didn't get jacked up by a FS.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0."

Whats the difference between the Browns and the Steelers right now?

The Browns are playing for the future. The Steelers are living off the past, and seem to be very sour fans right now because of it.

Your future isnt very bright right now.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
You don't know what you talking about. I was at the game and Winslow was thrown to on 3rd down. He was about 20 yards from the LOS and he got both hands on the ball before Smith killed him and he dropped it. Smith did it to atleast 5 people that game.
I really doubt he did it to 5 people, I wish I had game tape of this, you change it every time...

It was 7 people, now its 5?

Make up your mind, I still stand and say Smith didnt "Jack him" maybe he deflected a pass, but no, he didn't lay out Winslow or anything, he didn't hit him so hard to cause him to drop a pass multiple times (AS YOU SAID BEFORE) Maybe if you stood by one thing you said it would be easier to believe you, but you keep changing what you say, and I don't remember what you are saying happening.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

He didn't just tip a pass. Winslow got both hands on it and Smith layed him out the Winslow dropped the ball. Closer to a fumble than a deflection if you get the picture.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0."

Whats the difference between the Browns and the Steelers right now?

The Browns are playing for the future. The Steelers are living off the past, and seem to be very sour fans right now because of it.

Your future isnt very bright right now.

...And the Browns Is? Steelers are living off the past.. by.. bringing in a new Coaching staff, cutting a former regimes top Pass Rusher....

Yea, you have a point.. :roll: :roll:

I think the reason we're sour, is because theres some very Emo Browns fans, that can't comprehend that even after all this change, they still won't be as good as us.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote