Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want him in detroit, but i think STL will throw a lot of money at him. The most fun place for him to go would be BAL he'd make that defense even more unreal

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
LEGALIZE_THESHIZZLE

will they play 3-4 next year?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGALIZE_THESHIZZLE View Post
will they play 3-4 next year?
yea it has come from Tomlin himself. we will be playing 34 next year.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I want him in detroit, but i think STL will throw a lot of money at him. The most fun place for him to go would be BAL he'd make that defense even more unreal
What makes you think the Rams?
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
yea he is turning 31 i think sometime during the next football season which isn't old but he isn't young and has really been on the decline past couple of years. someone is going to come away happy though as he is an upgrade over most 34 LBs but you don't question something the steeler front office does. they usually don't make mistakes.
Just glad we won't make the same mistake with him as we did with Jason Gildon.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
i would rather keep Adaluis Thomas then get porter
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Just glad we won't make the same mistake with him as we did with Jason Gildon.
no doubt. me and on of my buddies were talking during lunch and we agreed that most of the time when we let a LB go, ala porter gildon llyod kirkland greene all of them were out of the league after 2-4 yrs. so it was time.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
no doubt. me and on of my buddies were talking during lunch and we agreed that most of the time when we let a LB go, ala porter gildon llyod kirkland greene all of them were out of the league after 2-4 yrs. so it was time.
man I miss the 94-96 defense. Give us any other QB than Neil O'Donnell and we would have 6+ Rings right now

Old 03-02-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i would rather keep Adaluis Thomas then get porter
Thomas is way better than Porter. He is a year younger and he just had a great year after Porter had one of his worst. Thomas is alot bigger as well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
man I miss the 94-96 defense. Give us any other QB than Neil O'Donnell and we would have 6+ Rings right now
man you ain't kidding. anybody besides him. haha oh well, we still have the best chance to get the 6th first, as of now.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation.
Big difference. Noll took over a horrible team, Tomlin is taking over a very good team that had injuries last year and had the cowher deal hanging over thier heads. I guarantee, if Tomlin doesn't have a good season, the fans and media will be all over him. I hope we are still a force in the AFC, I just have big doubts about this guy. I sure hope I'm wrong.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY View Post
Big difference. Noll took over a horrible team, Tomlin is taking over a very good team that had injuries last year and had the cowher deal hanging over thier heads. I guarantee, if Tomlin doesn't have a good season, the fans and media will be all over him. I hope we are still a force in the AFC, I just have big doubts about this guy. I sure hope I'm wrong.
well my opinion is that our fans atleast most of them and OUR media maybe not national media but OUR media, won't be all over him if we don't have a good season, because our fans are more loyal than that and aren't dumb and know that it MIGHT take a new coach (brand new coach)more than a year to get his groove on. regardless i don't think there is a chance that we have a bad season, i full expect a 10-12 win season if not more. have you seen our schedule?? yea that is excitement feeding my typing right now. :D

Old 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY View Post
Yea, But Cowher also took over Noll's team. Whats the difference between Tomlin and Cowher really?

Both were 34 with very very few years as a Coordinator. Both were former Coordinators in a 4-3 defense. Cowher was more of a high energy guy, Tomlin a more reserved but insightful players coach.

I think Tomlin could face adversity with a bad season, but thats my only gripe about clueless steeler fans. In an area that still has some racial issues, I think Tomlin was the perfect pick for the job. He's young, Organized, very articulate. His players love him and frankly If he has losing seasons 3 years in a row, I'm still on his bandwagon.

Tomlin does possess something Cowher doesn't. His intuitive X's and O's ability. Cowher was a motivator, most of the X/O's were Coordinators and position coaches. Tomlin is capable of designing said plays. I think that gives us a big advantage.

Also, very few people knew how Cowher kept the offense. He had 7 Offensive Coordinators in his time. He never threw a play out or cleaned the play book. It was a hodge-podge of 7 different offensive minds. Which if you watched, Holmes and Washington had major problems earlier in the season running the wrong routes. Arians, has already threw away the play book and is designing a more streamlined version. You gotta understand this is the guy that helped Design the Peyton Manning offense, and he sees Roethlisberger in the same build. Good arm, intelligent. He needs to spend more time in the video room, but I think with the new staff and previous season he will. I think Rookies can now make more of an impact and the offense will be more dangerous. Expect to see more runs from a 4 wide offense and more passing from Dual TE sets.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Steelers recently cut outside linebacker Joey Porter, and he has privately, through several Ravens players, let it be known that he has interest in the Ravens.

Porter, Ravens public enemy No. 1, said before the start of the 2006 season he had patched things up with Ray Lewis and Heap, who was hit by Porter in 2004 after he had injured his ankle.

The Ravens have an opening, especially with Thomas on the market. The Steelers have stated that they cut Porter for salary-cap reasons, but it was apparent that his performance dropped off last season. There is a replay of Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow slamming Porter to the ground after a one-on-one attempt on the sideline during last season. That pretty much sums up Porter's season.
Source: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...lumn?track=rss

Quote:
Free agent Joey Porter is interested in playing for the Chargers, according to the North County Times.

Porter isn't expected to make formal visits to teams until next week. The Ravens, Browns, 49ers, and Dolphins are all believed to have interest.
Source: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007...7_123_3_07.txt

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 03-03-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote