Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Haynesworth wants the Titans to trade for a WR.. http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs....24/1006/sports

We should definitely trade Roy to the Titans.. especially since we play them on Thanksgiving.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The AFC looks really up in the air this year, so I kind of see where he's saying that from. Go for the jugular, etcetera. And his response (check the article) was actually pretty reserved, which is good to see/read.

However the Titans need every dollar to sign him long-term, which I am sure they will do. And I'm not sure trading for a wide receiver makes much sense for the Titans, unless one were to have a good deal of experience in that offense (and even then there's a great deal of transition). I don't think that is the case with either Roy Williams or TJ Houshmandzadeh.

My guess is Williams and Housh don't get traded, because of their impending free agent status. Detroit probably has more luck/success trading Roy Williams (after franchise tagging him) before/at the Draft imo.

Chris Chambers was signed past '07 when the Chargers traded for him, and even when the Colts traded for Booger McFarland in '06, their thought process was that they were getting McFarland for at least two years given that he was signed through '07 on his existing contract (of course it turned out that he would spend '07 on IR).

I think there is one mega caveat though, and that is if TO gets injured before the deadline. That would completely change the landscape nevermind the Cowboys' chances. Jerry Jones would have to make a move, probably for Roy Williams ... unless the finances are truly at the point currently where they couldn't re-sign Williams after they sign Ware to a new deal. Maybe cutting the inferior Williams would help. And perhaps they make a move for Holt instead, depending on his base salaries. Of course, that is all theoretically speaking at the moment.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think there is one mega caveat though, and that is if TO gets injured before the deadline.
Isn't the deadline Sunday?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Isn't the deadline Sunday?
October 16th a thursday

so 8 more days
Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Rumors have San Fran expressing interest in Housh & Roy Williams.

Trades are rare mid-season, though, so I doubt either will happen.

LJ being traded is a silly rumor. I doubt many (if any) teams could afford his massive salary cap numbers.
The rumor entails....

1) KC is technically on the books for his salary this year. So whatever team gets him this year gets him off the books (From my understanding)

2) A Restructure of his deal.

I feel a content Larry Johnson could put this team over the top.. Parker, LJ and MeMo is nearly A perfect compliment of backs in the backfield...

Parker with his big play threat to start the game, get the defense tired from chasing.

LJ Splits the carries giving the defense a pounding.

MeMo takes a small % of carries... 5-8 a game and is our 3rd down receiving back.

If you restructure the deal right, you can bring him in for 1 year (Since we look like a decent competitor) and trade/cut him in the offseason IMO, when Mendenhall comes back. Unless he plays lights out.

I mean, Tennessee, Buffalo, Denver and Pitt seem like the top 4 teams in the AFC. We play Tennessee so that'd be interesting.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What benefit does Larry Johnson get with restructuring his contract though? He's not going to do it just to benefit the Steelers. He should know how quickly his career could end, he's going to want to get as much money as possible.. I think he's the highest paid RB per year in the NFL. Restructuring that contract to something that would allow him to be cut/traded easily after this year is not the smartest thing for him to do, business-wise.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions should try and do this trade:

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith

Last edited by PACKmanN : 10-09-2008 at 12:08 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
What benefit does Larry Johnson get with restructuring his contract though? He's not going to do it just to benefit the Steelers. He should know how quickly his career could end, he's going to want to get as much money as possible.. I think he's the highest paid RB per year in the NFL. Restructuring that contract to something that would allow him to be cut/traded easily after this year is not the smartest thing for him to do, business-wise.
I agree completely. I'm just saying thats the only way I can see the deal being done.

Even so, if he's really malcontent, in KC he might be willing to take a cheap deal for a year for a way to get out. Nothing for sure.

Rumor is too that he's looking at Pitt becuase he wants to move close to home.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Did everyone miss this in that yahoo sports article?

WR Chad Johnson, Bengals

Comment: Im amazed how quiet he has been. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought. You know he wants out and hes the most gifted receiver in the league.

what a joke that writer is
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...lez-to-giants/

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

I don't put to much stock in to PFT but our local news and radio has been talking about it as well I feel like some one kicked me in the balls.:(
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it happens.He deserves a chance at a ring and god knows it's not happening here aytime soon
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith
I could see the Lions wanting that.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...lez-to-giants/

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

I don't put to much stock in to PFT but our local news and radio has been talking about it as well I feel like some one kicked me in the balls.:(
How much does he have left on his contract? I don't know if I trust the rumor either. I can't see the Giants giving up anything big for him. They already have one of the best offenses in the league, if not the best. Maybe a 3rd rounder for him?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd rounder for Gonzalez would be a brilliant move by the Giants. They get a guy who is still a real weapon and will be much quieter than a guy like Shockey would have been....

I'd be all for that if I were the Giants and the money worked out. They'd easily become the top team in all of football right now.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How much does he have left on his contract? I don't know if I trust the rumor either. I can't see the Giants giving up anything big for him. They already have one of the best offenses in the league, if not the best. Maybe a 3rd rounder for him?
He just got a 6 year deal last season I don't see the Chiefs taking any thing less then a 2nd round pick that being said I don't want to see him go for any thing.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He just got a 6 year deal last season I don't see the Chiefs taking any thing less then a 2nd round pick that being said I don't want to see him go for any thing.
The Giants are interested in Gonzalez, not LJ
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The Giants are interested in Gonzalez, not LJ
I know Gonzo just got a new deal last year as well.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
wow, that seems pretty asinine...did they want him playing into his 40's or what? lol

maybe he'd take a pay cut to get on a team with a shot at a championship...probably the only way that one would go down now.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda want the Cards to grab another proven corner, DRC has played well, but he's also had spots where he's been meh. Rod Hood has been great though.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I though Gonzo's deal was for 5 years and he signed it 2 years ago?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
I kinda want the Cards to grab another proven corner, DRC has played well, but he's also had spots where he's been meh. Rod Hood has been great though.
Who is going to trade a proven corner? Maybe the Lions and Leigh Bodden, but Bodden really isn't very good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't see the Giants going after the Gonzalez unless the asking price from KC is a lot lower than I assume.

Boss was a major concern heading into the season but he has graded out very well throughout the start of this year. Reese does well with his draft picks, thus shipping them away for a rental is unlikely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith
Ill take no for 500
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I though Gonzo's deal was for 5 years and he signed it 2 years ago?
Your right it was a 5 year deal but he is only 1 and a half years in to it I believe?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your right it was a 5 year deal but he is only 1 and a half years in to it I believe?
I thought he signed it sometime after the Indy playoff game