Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Lions should try and do this trade:

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith
And while they're at it, Detroit will get on their knees and wax the 9'ers pole.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Profootball talk is reporting that the Chiefs are making an effort to trade Tony Gonzalez. Rumor is the Giants may be interested.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...lez-to-giants/

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

I don't put to much stock in to PFT but our local news and radio has been talking about it as well I feel like some one kicked me in the balls.:(
You don't say, JBond?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I even looked back, but not far enough!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate Tony G to finish his career somewhere else but he has been here for years, has always been a positive influence with the organization and has always been a real professional. I want him to have a real shot at a ring before his career is over.

Now, LJ on the other hand, get him the hell out of here as fast as humanly possible. He is still a great runner but I (and most KC fans) are tired of watching him NOT try. He knew we wouldn't be a great team but we have players (Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith) who try every single opporunity they get and those are the kind of players you re-build a team with.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Ill take no for 500
You'll take no? That trade is ******* ridiculous for the Lions considering that Lawson isn't anything special and Reggie Smith/third rounder is not worth Roy Williams/2nd rounder. What a horrid proposal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonazalez to the Falcons for a fourth. I would do it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He's worth more than a 4th.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
he wants to go to a contender... and that's stupid for the Falcons. regardless of how good they've looked at times this year, they shouldn't go trading draft picks for a 30+(32 i think?) year old TE, it'd be stupid.

I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up a 4th or PERHAPS a 3rd for him. we'd still have 2 2nds, so it'd be all good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
He's worth more than a 4th.
not by all that much. Perhaps a 3rd, considering it'd be from a contender most likely. He's an aging TE who's come out and requested a trade. He's on the decline because of his age. I'd give a 3rd for him.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
not by all that much. Perhaps a 3rd, considering it'd be from a contender most likely. He's an aging TE who's come out and requested a trade. He's on the decline because of his age. I'd give a 3rd for him.
I don't get why people think he's on the decline. I'm not going to post his last seasons stats again, because it'll all be argued that stats aren't everything anyway, but he is not declining. Most people equate age with decline and for Tony it just isn't there, yet anyway. If there is any decline in his play it's because our offense is so bad.

He, himself, is not in decline.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I don't get why people think he's on the decline. I'm not going to post his last seasons stats again, because it'll all be argued that stats aren't everything anyway, but he is not declining. Most people equate age with decline and for Tony it just isn't there, yet anyway. If there is any decline in his play it's because our offense is so bad.

He, himself, is not in decline.
the physical toll of playing TE as well as getting older equal on the decline. I haven't heard much from him on the field this year and I take from that he's not putting up big numbers, albeit probably caused by KC's stagnant O, they don't help disprove the decline theory, especially when it comes for teams talking deals with the Chiefs
Quote:
Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/836918.html

I ******* love Jerry Reese.

and vidae- Gonzo specifically says he's winding down in his career in this article...
Quote:
Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/836918.html

I ******* love Jerry Reese.

and vidae- Gonzo specifically says he's winding down in his career in this article...
Jerry Reese is a bad ass the Chiefs want a third and he offers them a sixth lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jerry Reese thinks thinks he's getting Gonzo for a 6th, he's dreaming...It's not like we have to trade Gonzo....

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he wants to go to a contender... and that's stupid for the Falcons. regardless of how good they've looked at times this year, they shouldn't go trading draft picks for a 30+(32 i think?) year old TE, it'd be stupid.

I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up a 4th or PERHAPS a 3rd for him. we'd still have 2 2nds, so it'd be all good
We want to compete now. A fourth for Gonzalez would be an upgrade.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Jerry Reese is a bad ass the Chiefs want a third and he offers them a sixth lol.
That's how it works all the time, not Just Jerry. That's usually how all negotiations work.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

If I was a Chiefs fan and Gonzo was traded for anything less than a 2nd (obviously a late one because it will be a contender), I would be seriously upset.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let the Bills and Chiefs put their byes to good use and hammer out a deal for Tony!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Doesn't make sense for a team to give up a premium draft pick for a rental.

And you have to consider the leverage here...Chiefs have none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Doesn't make sense for a team to give up a premium draft pick for a rental.

And you have to consider the leverage here...Chiefs have none.
how many 3rd round picks can essentially make you head and shoulders the best team in your conference?

if the Giants get Gonzalez and Plax stays out of trouble, that offense will be a handful to go with their defense
Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
how many 3rd round picks can essentially make you head and shoulders the best team in your conference?

if the Giants get Gonzalez and Plax stays out of trouble, that offense will be a handful to go with their defense
Giants should trade for Roy Williams too.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Giants should trade for Roy Williams too.
yanno, it goes to figure that you get what, 3 matt millen picks to work out? and one of them needs traded asap, lol.... its just sad. (well, not for me because i'm a bears fan...sad for you though, very sad...)
Old 10-12-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

It's a rental though. You have to think long term when you are potentially dealing picks in the top 3 rounds. A 3rd round pick can be a very big addition to a team that drafts well, and Reese has shown his ability to do that.

This would also stunt the growth of Boss a little bit, whom has played well these first few weeks. And in a way, this kind of gives the notion that trading Shockey was a mistake. I just don't see it happening for anything more than a 4th rounder, and even that would have to have certain terms to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Let the Bills and Chiefs put their byes to good use and hammer out a deal for Tony!
Gonzalez to the Bills, now that is an interesting idea.