Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Giants working on $100 million contract for Eli?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The rumor is the Giants and Manning's people are working on an extension that would make the quarterback a millionaire more than 100 times over, and basically cover the rest of his football career. The deal reportedly will surpass the seven-year, $99.2 million contract brother Peyton signed with the Colts in 2004. That deal included a $34.5 million signing bonus.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BEN, eli, is philip next?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
BEN, eli, is philip next?
I think that Cutler will be the next to sign the dotted line worth "100 Million Dollors"
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bbrodie Croyle shold work on a $100 million dollar deal to leave to and never play football again anddrink lots of milk.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Manning's people are working on an extension that would make the quarterback a millionaire more than 100 times over
When you put it this way, it makes me that much more disgusted. All for playing a game.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me appreciate that Drew Brees contract in hindsight.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
When you put it this way, it makes me that much more disgusted. All for playing a game.
I agree but it is what it is if they keep paying it players are going to keep taking it.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I think that Cutler will be the next to sign the dotted line worth "100 Million Dollors"
Yeah thats what i was thinking too

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I agree but it is what it is if they keep paying it players are going to keep taking it.
I have other reasons to hate Eli, I won't hold this against him......as long as he continues to perform......first 3 int game, **** will be thrown at the $100 million man and his front office.

About Cutler, some argue (lol) that Cutler's imminent (lol) diabetes complications would keep the Broncos from signing him uber long term. Incentives anyone?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have other reasons to hate Eli, I won't hold this against him......as long as he continues to perform......first 3 int game, **** will be thrown at the $100 million man and his front office.

About Cutler, some argue (lol) that Cutler's imminent (lol) diabetes complications would keep the Broncos from signing him uber long term. Incentives anyone?
Eli isn't worth 100 million as the face of the giants franchise. I'm sorry. That's completely nuts.

And definite LOL possibilities on cutler.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli worth more than Peyton? I just can't believe that.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We pay his salary by paying attention to the league. If we ignored the league and relegated it to WNBA or NLL(is that even still around?) levels, we'd be seeing no multi-million dollar contracts.

Not to mention, he does more than play just a game. I've posted about it in the past, so I'll refrain from doing it now, but there's a lot more to a football player's life than playing 16+ games per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Hopefully the new CBA will do something to get this **** under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Not to mention, he does more than play just a game.
He could give half of his assets to charity and every hour of free time helping down syndrome kids, I would still hate him.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-08-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Peyton's contract is 4 years old.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

WAR ELI!!!!!!!

Now he can forever intoxicate young females. (and himself)

"what's your age darlin'?"
"six--"
"EIGHTEEN, nice!"

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-08-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Peyton's contract is 4 years old.
There hasn't been enough inflation in the past 4 years for Eli to get a bigger contract than Peyton. Maybe if Peyton signed his contract 10 years but even that is a stretch because he is just so much better than Eli.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There hasn't been enough inflation in the past 4 years for Eli to get a bigger contract than Peyton. Maybe if Peyton signed his contract 10 years but even that is a stretch because he is just so much better than Eli.
Makes me think the Giants are acting like the Lions.

'If i could have one of them, i'd still take kitna over peyton or brady...'

Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Given age and this seasons performances he is, perhaps its his knee but peyton hasnt been that good really this season
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

i don't understand how teams aren't hedging in case of a massive cap introduction and salary limiting due to inflation. this is the latest case of league stupidity.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peyton will be thirty three this year. Lets say for arguments sake both QBs can play till the age of 37. Peyton is almost done. Whereas Eli has another ten years under centre.

That's another six years he'll be able to play when Peyton is out of the League.

From the perspective of a franchise looking toward the future, Eli is worth just as much, if not more than peyton. Especially since this year he's playing better football.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Peyton will be thirty three this year. Lets say for arguments sake both QBs can play till the age of 37. Peyton is almost done. Whereas Eli has another ten years under centre.

That's another six years he'll be able to play when Peyton is out of the League.

From the perspective of a franchise looking toward the future, Eli is worth just as much, if not more than peyton. Especially since this year he's playing better football.
I think peyton can go longer, he's never relied on his... legs or the strength of his arm, which are normally the first two things to go.

He will play till he's at least 40 and broken every passing record ever.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully the new CBA will do something to get this **** under control.
If the CBA changes, it wouldn't be fair because then the owners would get the money for not even playing a game. The players, for the most part(ignoring the obviously overpaid scrubs), are paid what they deserve because they earn that money for their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
If the CBA changes, it wouldn't be fair because then the owners would get the money for not even playing a game. The players, for the most part(ignoring the obviously overpaid scrubs), are paid what they deserve because they earn that money for their team.
I'm just old school I guess. I'm the same way about baseball. Players should have to get a job in the offseason. Give them 50k per. :)

As for the owners not playing....too bad, they own the team, if it wasn't for them these guys would be trying to put that sociology or communications degree to use.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning $100 million Contract......LOL

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i don't understand how teams aren't hedging in case of a massive cap introduction and salary limiting due to inflation. this is the latest case of league stupidity.
Franchise QBs are going to get paid this much. Especially ones that have already delivered a Super Bowl. I don't see this type of contract limiting the Giants too much. All of our main pieces are signed long term minus Jacobs.