Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is definitely a good thing for the NFC East.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
If the CBA changes, it wouldn't be fair because then the owners would get the money for not even playing a game. The players, for the most part(ignoring the obviously overpaid scrubs), are paid what they deserve because they earn that money for their team.
The league itself makes too much money. The owners make too much money. The Players make too much money.

And you know what? They charge everyone 100+ dollars to go to any game. Not including parking.

**** the nfl. They can go eat my crap.

Sure, it's supply and demand, but i can't wait for the day people are like. **** this, i'm not going to pay for this.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
The league itself makes too much money. The owners make too much money. The Players make too much money.

And you know what? They charge everyone 100+ dollars to go to any game. Not including parking.

**** the nfl. They can go eat my crap.
Yet people still go. They have one of the greatest products in the world. People eat it up and start looking foward to Sunday on Tuesday morning. Why shouldn't everyone be making money?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Care to explain?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Sure, it's supply and demand, but i can't wait for the day people are like. **** this, i'm not going to pay for this.
With this funk we're experiencing, this will happen soon enough.

Quote:
Yes.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
With this funk we're experiencing, this will happen soon enough.

Yes.
To the first part. It won't. I mean, the average fan already can't afford the tickets.

Second part. I agree with that too. The NFC east will be better with a QB who hasn't proven he can constantly be awesome.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Peyton will be thirty three this year. Lets say for arguments sake both QBs can play till the age of 37. Peyton is almost done. Whereas Eli has another ten years under centre.

That's another six years he'll be able to play when Peyton is out of the League.

From the perspective of a franchise looking toward the future, Eli is worth just as much, if not more than peyton. Especially since this year he's playing better football.
Maybe at this point Eli is worth more than Peyton, highly debatable, but what I meant was that when Peyton signed his contract in 2004 he was much better than Eli is now.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Care to explain?
Quote:
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
sar·casm /ˈsɑrkęzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
All seriousness aside, having the Giants commit that huge a cap number towards a mediocre quarterback is a great thing for the rest of the NFC East. If you wanna reward him for winning you a Superbowl, great, go ahead. But this money now isn't gonna help you win another one, in fact, it'll probably hurt you more than it'll help, so that = good thing for other teams.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
To the first part. It won't. I mean, the average fan already can't afford the tickets.
Yeah, this is true.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Yeah, this is true.
It's like going to a 49'ers game where they eat cheese and break out the 98 burgundies.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
All seriousness aside, having the Giants commit that huge a cap number towards a mediocre quarterback is a great thing for the rest of the NFC East. If you wanna reward him for winning you a Superbowl, great, go ahead. But this money now isn't gonna help you win another one, in fact, it'll probably hurt you more than it'll help, so that = good thing for other teams.
Well if you think he is a mediocre QB than I understand your point. If he is a mediocre QB than there are a ton of god awful QBs in this league. I trust Jerry Reese's judgement, he is basically batting 1.000 since becoming GM.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well if you think he is a mediocre QB than I understand your point. If he is a mediocre QB than there are a ton of god awful QBs in this league. I trust Jerry Reese's judgement, he is basically batting 1.000 since becoming GM.
He's batting 1.000 because he has had, what, four at bats?

Yes, there are a lot of bad quarterbacks in this league. A crap load of them, actually. But only one crappy one is getting a $100 million contract.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's batting 1.000 because he has had, what, four at bats?

Yes, there are a lot of bad quarterbacks in this league. A crap load of them, actually. But only one crappy one is getting a $100 million contract.
Jerry Reese has had more than "four at bats".

Eli is approaching Peyton status. The similarites are there. He is basically the same type of coach on the field that Peyton is. Remember people use to get on Peyton for choking, and he had never won a Super Bowl when getting that contract.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm
Laughing
My
Ass
Off

He won A Super Bowl, yeah yippy good job Eli.

No reason that Eli deserves that big of a contract let alone any other NFL players.

The Giants could sign him for $70mil and lower ticket prices for more fans to be able to go the game.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Eli is approaching Peyton status.
Um.

Sure. Really.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Jughead is approaching Number 10 status.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Jerry Reese has had more than "four at bats".

Eli is approaching Peyton status. The similarites are there. He is basically the same type of coach on the field that Peyton is. Remember people use to get on Peyton for choking, and he had never won a Super Bowl when getting that contract.
Do you care to explain what other "at bats" he has had, outside of one draft class?

The only similarity i see between Peyton and Eli is in their face and their jewelry. Eli makes horrible throws, and is still a pretty average quarterback now. Peyton was great for many years before he won his ring, which was why he got paid the ridiculous amount of money he did. Peyton got paid for his play, then the Superbowl was a bonus; Eli won a Superbowl, then got paid as a bonus.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
The Giants could sign him for $70mil and lower ticket prices for more fans to be able to go the game.
Giants can charge whatever they want. They have a wait list about 35 years deep. The wait list alone could fill up 3 more Giants Stadiums
Old 10-08-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Do you care to explain what other "at bats" he has had, outside of one draft class?

The only similarity i see between Peyton and Eli is in their face and their jewelry. Eli makes horrible throws, and is still a pretty average quarterback now. Peyton was great for many years before he won his ring, which was why he got paid the ridiculous amount of money he did. Peyton got paid for his play, then the Superbowl was a bonus; Eli won a Superbowl, then got paid as a bonus.
I guess you have to watch him every week to see the change. He is the entire offense. There has been a shift from Gilbride being the OC to Eli being the OC. And during that shift the Giants have been 8-1. Eli calls the plays, protections, everything.

As for Reese. Jerry has been shrewd in all aspects of getting players. You brought up the draft class. That is one. Picking up a player like Madison Hedgecock off waivers. And then locking him up long term at pennies. Same with Dominik Hixon. Picked up off waivers. Locked up Justin Tuck long term before the playoffs last year, when now he probably could have made a ton more. I believe our whole offensive line is under contract for 3 more seasons after this one. Like I said, besides Jacobs, not one key player is scheduled to hit free agency for two to three years.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 10-08-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I guess you have to watch him every week to see the change. He is the entire offense. There has been a shift from Gilbride being the OC to Eli being the OC. And during that shift the Giants have been 8-1. Eli calls the plays, protections, everything.
And that makes him worth $100 million, and a comparison to arguably the greatest quarterback of all time?

A lot of teams allow their quarterback adjust plays and protections at the line. Let's not get carried away with a shiny little mirror here. That offense is doing great because of the great running game and solid offensive line. Eli Manning is nothing more than a glorified bus driver.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It really is, best news i have heard all day
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Eli Manning is nothing more than a glorified bus driver.
^^^
lol, too easy for MS17.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Giants can charge whatever they want. They have a wait list about 35 years deep. The wait list alone could fill up 3 more Giants Stadiums
They should have made Giants stadium three times bigger then! And then simulcasted it at the meadowlands!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
And that makes him worth $100 million, and a comparison to arguably the greatest quarterback of all time?

A lot of teams allow their quarterback adjust plays and protections at the line. Let's not get carried away with a shiny little mirror here. That offense is doing great because of the great running game and solid offensive line. Eli Manning is nothing more than a glorified bus driver.
Glorified bus driver? The running game works because Eli makes the right calls at the line. He checks into runs in proper situations. It is the reason we have three RBs who are getting it done at huge clips. The O-line has a ton to do with it, but Eli does as well. More so than any RB on this team.

He makes more pre snap decisions and adjustments than any QB minus his brother. The reason the contract is more than Peyton's is because it is 4 years later.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They should have made Giants stadium three times bigger then! And then simulcasted it at the meadowlands!
Well it was the largest Stadium in the NFL for some time. Only Fed Ex Field is larger now. The new stadium should hold 2,000 more. The new Cowboys Stadium could be bigger, I'm not sure.