Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What's Wrong With Tony Romo?

Something is wrong with Tony Romo. This is not the same quarterback that I know he's capable of playing like.

He's pressing, he's making a ton of bone headed mistakes, he's not having fun, he looks sad, he's not making accurate throws or great reads, everything is just off.

The most alarming evidence of something bothering him was when Folk hit that field goal to send it to OT. Look at Romo. Go press rewind, and look at him. The whole team is going nuts, and Romo looks like he just got news that he lost a relative. Completely out of it. Then he goes on the field and almost fumbles the game away and has a completely flat 3 and out.

Something is bothering and eating at him. Could it be the pressure? The drama surrounding him? Something is eating at this guy.

I think that the pressure in Dallas this year is really hurting the team. The lingering effects of last year's lost has really hit this team. What made them so great last year in the regular season was that they were carefree, and were having fun. This year, the whole team plays so tight. Theyre so tight trying to be perfect on every play, that it is seriously effecting the entire team, and putting a heavy weight on their shoulders. Theyre not having fun this year, and are really putting a ton of unnecessary pressure on themselves.

They need to go back to having fun and just play the game. I don't know if thats possible though. A lot of this stress and pressure has been put on them by themselves and their overreacting fanbase. Thats a hard habit to drop. This week is going to be interesting, how they react to what just happened.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

TO sucks the fun out of the game.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Two broke up with him.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably because this no-talent she-devil is sucking the life out of him.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I want to root against the guy, seeing Romo like this kind of upsets me. Because, as much as I root against the Cowboys, and as much as I want to hate Romo, I can't do it (can't hate romo part that is, i can definitely root against the Cowboys without feeling bad, believe that).

Romo is a great guy. We need more Romo's in this league. In a league where douchebags like Pacman get so much attention, it sucks to see a guy like Romo struggle like that. I want to hate the guy, but I can't. He's a good guy, can't hate on the man.

Honestly, if he wasn't a Cowboy, he'd probably be one of my favorite players in the league.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
As much as I want to root against the guy, seeing Romo like this kind of upsets me. Because, as much as I root against the Cowboys, and as much as I want to hate Romo, I can't do it (can't hate romo part that is, i can definitely root against the Cowboys without feeling bad, believe that).

Romo is a great guy. We need more Romo's in this league. In a league where douchebags like Pacman get so much attention, it sucks to see a guy like Romo struggle like that. I want to hate the guy, but I can't. He's a good guy, can't hate on the man.

Honestly, if he wasn't a Cowboy, he'd probably be one of my favorite players in the league.
I feel differently. A smirkless Romo is heaven on Earth.
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I feel the same way about Clinton Portis. I want to hate him but I can't.
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was evident a few times he forced it in TO's direction. He's under pressure. TO isn't bitching at him on the sidelines(yet?), instead he takes it out on Gurode... TO's a rumblin' and grumblin' and another not huge game and/or loss, could set him off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It was evident a few times he forced it in TO's direction. He's under pressure. TO isn't bitching at him on the sidelines(yet?), instead he takes it out on Gurode... TO's a rumblin' and grumblin' and another not huge game and/or loss, could set him off.
I think thats definitely part of it. But not all of it.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks depressed all the time on the field.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Maybe he realized he needs to grow up.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Maybe he realized he needs to grow up.
Theres very few players in the league that put in as much work in the offseason working on their game than Tony Romo.

Romo is grown up, people just want to pick on the guy for his lifestyle bc lets face it, we all wish we could do what he does, and some hate bc of it.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Theres very few players in the league that put in as much work in the offseason working on their game than Tony Romo.

Romo is grown up, people just want to pick on the guy for his lifestyle bc lets face it, we all wish we could do what he does, and some hate bc of it.
I hate him, not because of his lifestyle but his attitude.

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility. He'll hold onto the ball to long, get wrecked, throw a pick in the process, and blame his line.

You gotta love when he walks off the field with a smirk on his face after throwing a pick!

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-12-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility

You gotta love when he walks off the field with a smirk on his face after throwing a pick!
You may need to enlighten me on this one.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility.

Thats not true at all, trust me. Youre confusing the cowboys as a team with Tony Romo.

One thing I love about Romo is the fact that he's one of the few people in that organization that actually gives credit when another team makes a play on them. He never makes excuses, he always owns up to his play, and never says anything like the other team got lucky etc.

If you want to look at excuse makers, look at Jones, Phillips, Crayton, TO, and a number of other Cowboys.

But Romo is certainly not one of them.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You may need to enlighten me on this one.
And the "fans" of big D come running. All too easy.

Watch his mannerisms on the field instead of listening to the sound bytes. He literally LOOKS for others to blame.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Watch his mannerisms on the field instead of listening to the sound bytes. He literally LOOKS for others to blame.
So just disregard what BBD said? Hmmm? Is he a Dallas fan?
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
So just disregard what BBD said? Hmmm? Is he a Dallas fan?
What? At least one Dallas "fan" is already here, so what I said is still valid.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? At least one Dallas "fan" is already here, so what I said is still valid.
50%? Nice.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:

That's true.

Then after he saves his pity party for the conference with the media.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
That's true.

Then after he saves his pity party for the conference with the media.
++, not that hard to see unless you have star shaped glasses or are playing the "cool rival fan" card.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the cliche generalization of sensitive Cowboy's fans come out .

I'm as critical of Romo and of my Team as any other Football fan, so don't use that on me.

Quote:
What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset at himself after a mistake? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because I haven't seen it this year.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting hit 19 times in one game does that to a Quarterback, just ask Marc Bulger.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie Croyle > Tony Romo :/
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset himself? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because i haven't seen it this year..
The first part isn't worth arguing about.

When he is lying on his back after getting rocked because he held onto the ball too long he will first look for a roughing the passer call (understandable) then he will look at his o-line like they did something wrong, and if the receiver didn't manage to catch that duck Romo threw 5 feet over his head, he will get the glare of death and maybe a smirk and a head shake.