Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks for others to blame?

The only time he ever does something like that is when Gurode flys a snap over his head or the line is getting completely dominated. T.O. was yelling at the line today also.

Some people just have no idea when it comes to Romo. Yeah, he's a media darling who rose to stardom at a very high rate but, he is one of the hardest working and overall nicest guys in the NFL. He always gives credit to his opponants and he's not afraid to take the blame. Even when it's not always his fault. If i wasnt a cowboy fan he would def. be one of my favorite players anyway. For the way he approaches the game and carries himself. He plays the game like he's playing in the backyard and he always has a smile on his face and you can tell that he loves what he's doing and I love the guy for that.

Now, that love of the game just doesnt seem to be there. There is just something wrong...he's not enjoying himself anymore and he's watching all of this film of Brady and Peyton, trying to be something he isnt. It's been hard to watch at times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2008 at 07:54 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

and if you're lucky you might see him look towards the rich seats and silently mouth, "I ******* love you baby" (then wink) at his current blond bombshell (****).
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His first season and last season, I saw this kid having fun and enjoying himself on the field. He was happy with his life, happy where he was, and enjoying all that god gave him. Even with INT he smiled yeah, so what if I was a QB in the NFL I'd be smiling all the god damn time, I am getting paid to do something I love.

This year I see he is upset, and trust I have hated this guy because he is a Cowboy called him Tony ****, blah blah, all that stuff he beat the Giants I wanted to kill him. I have made fun of him for bobbling the field goal, and screwing up the Cowboys, throwing the INT against the Giants, and going out with fish-hook nose Jessica Simpson. He is a good guy, and right now I am sad to see him down, although I am extremely happy the Cowboys lost. He is one of the more likable guys in the league, and even as a Cowboy he has my respect I hope he gets out of this sorta depression.

Do not hate on Romo, he is a good guy, he is not one of the assholes in our world like the T.Os, Pacman Joness, Tank Johnsons, Lawrence Phillipss, Cedric Bensons, Tatum Bells, in this league. I really feel for him, and you now I actually like him I feel bad for him... he is scared, he cannot stand up to the monster that is T.O.

His mentality is a couple of things, that Demon in football gear T.O, that witch Jessica Simpson, and not all Cowboys fans but the pressure of many of them. He has been called a choker, and he kinda is but I like and believe in this guy, even as a Giants fan I hope he can just get out of this mini depression.

(post 666: Me feeling sorry for Tony Romo... truly a sign of the apocalypse...)

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he stopped having fun when Brett Favre got traded. Ask john Madden, the key to playing the quarterback position is having fun, and Romo just isn't anymore.

And lol at people blaming Jessica Simpson for Tony Romo sucking.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could it be he was just overrated to begin with? I am not saying he's awful but it's not like he played mistake-free football last year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No seriously. He should've stayed with Carrie Underwood. That is key in all this.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Could it be he was just overrated to begin with? I am not saying he's awful but it's not like he played mistake-free football last year.
No, he's allowed to throw interceptions galore, he's a gunslinger. Interceptions are required to be a gunslinger.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
No, he's allowed to throw interceptions galore, he's a gunslinger. Interceptions are required to be a gunslinger.
Oh right, I forgot that if you throw a lot of INTs but get categorized as a "gunslinger" it's okay.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Oh right, I forgot that if you throw a lot of INTs but get categorized as a "gunslinger" it's okay.
Just making sure. Don't want people to get the wrong impression.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Just making sure. Don't want people to get the wrong impression.
Yeah, heaven forbid someone associate "poor decision-making" with "gunslinger"

Old 10-12-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does have a gunslinger mentality...I know it's been beaten to death but, he's a lot like Favre...and just like him, he's going to throw picks. Gunslingers make poor decisions because, they'll force it almost anywhere...Favre had several seasons where he threw 20+ ints and one where he almost threw 30. No one likes it, and no one is saying it's okay. It's just something you have to live w/...but, I would certainly rather Romo playing that style of football rather than him trying to change himself into something he's not. He seems to be struggling to find an idenity now and really...his overall game, just didnt need to be messed w/ all that much. He's just gotta go out there and play his brand of football and have fun. Yes, he'll throw picks but, that's just comes with the style he plays w/. Atleast, he'll be having fun instead of constantly moping around, trying to be something everyone else wants him to be. The ints have certainly got to him and his mind just isnt right, right now. Hopefully, this will pass before things get really bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It was evident a few times he forced it in TO's direction. He's under pressure. TO isn't bitching at him on the sidelines(yet?), instead he takes it out on Gurode... TO's a rumblin' and grumblin' and another not huge game and/or loss, could set him off.
Don't have much time to chime in on the thread, but this stood out.

You do realize that Owens was yelling at Gurode cause he stared at the ball for a split second before actually jumping on it, right? You have to be aware and on your toes out there, especially when you're getting abused by a bunch of nobody pass-rushers and your quarterback is getting constantly hit.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He does have a gunslinger mentality...I know it's been beaten to death but, he's a lot like Favre...and just like him, he's going to throw picks. Gunslingers make poor decisions because, they'll force it almost anywhere...Favre had several seasons where he threw 20+ ints and one where he almost threw 30. No one likes it, and no one is saying it's okay. It's just something you have to live w/...but, I would certainly rather Romo playing that style of football rather than him trying to change himself into something he's not. He seems to be struggling to find an idenity now and really...his overall game, just didnt need to be messed w/ all that much. He's just gotta go out there and play his brand of football and have fun. Yes, he'll throw picks but, that's just comes with the style he plays w/. Atleast, he'll be having fun instead of constantly moping around, trying to be something everyone else wants him to be. The ints have certainly got to him and his mind just isnt right, right now. Hopefully, this will pass before things get really bad.
++, he needs to start blaming the other players again. Now that he realizes it him ******* up, he is getting depressed and is changing his style.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said to my friend today while watching the game that Romo just doesn't look like he is having fun any more.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has an All-Pro TE, an All-Pro WR, an All-Pro RB, and an All-Pro OL. No excuses IMO. And he does crack under pressure.

Guy has talent but I've always felt he's been overrated. Good QB yes, great QB no.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
he is getting depressed and is changing his style.
Well, then I refer you to this. Because like Sweetness said, look at the talent around him. He's got no excuses.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He has an All-Pro TE, an All-Pro WR, an All-Pro RB, and an All-Pro OL. No excuses IMO. And he does crack under pressure.

Guy has talent but I've always felt he's been overrated. Good QB yes, great QB no.
++, Romo is a product, not the producer.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Overrated Media darling? Me thinks so. He's a decent QB, but he's not a transcendent talent like they'd want you to believe
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The funny thing about this...is that statistically speaking, Romo is having an outstanding season but, the stats are more of a fallacy. As BBD said in the original post, he's just off and not playing up to the level he is capable of playing at and that, is in direct correlation with how he has been carrying himself lately. Again, I just hope he'll snap out of this sooner, rather later. Watching him being depressed is just making me depressed and it's obviously not a good thing to see your team leader moping around like he his. The pressure, the ints, the celebrity QB persona, T.O., his father's illness...it could all be weighing on him pretty heavily. I dont know what exactly it is but, again I'm just really hoping that he's going to be okay in the long run. I'm sure it's more football related, considering that he just looks to be playing scared and over protective of the football. (through the air atleast) I do believe he'll get it right, soon enough, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Don't have much time to chime in on the thread, but this stood out.

You do realize that Owens was yelling at Gurode cause he stared at the ball for a split second before actually jumping on it, right? You have to be aware and on your toes out there, especially when you're getting abused by a bunch of nobody pass-rushers and your quarterback is getting constantly hit.
yes, that damn Gurode should be staring at the ground in case Flozell gets beat and Romo fumbles. God forbid he be looking around for someone to block.

and with 300+ lbs of girth, it's not exactly easy to see the ball under you. that's a lotta gut.

and Flozell got beat more than Gurode. He got beat like he stole grammy's purse
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
And the cliche generalization of sensitive Cowboy's fans come out .
Cowboys, not Cowboy's.

Romo's problem, as I alluded to in the Gameday thread, is that he went from banging Carrie Underwood's glorious ass to banging something that everyone in Hollywood has banged. I <3 Underwood.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oooo! This is like a Whodunit.

Lemme guess . . . Mrs. Simpson in the bedroom with a prenuptial agreement.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Oooo! This is like a Whodunit.

Lemme guess . . . Mrs. Simpson in the bedroom with a prenuptial agreement.
would she really be sinister to do it in the bedroom? like get him all ready to bump uglies and then pulls that ****? EVIL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before everyone gets too far fetched about Romo, you have to remember that Arizona always plays well against the Cowboys even before Romo came on the scene. They always give the Cowboys a tough go. When you add in the fact that the Cowboy's defense hasn't stopped anybody this season, it seems absurd to me to point the finger at Romo. Where is the defense's fault in all this.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's wrong with Tony Romo is he needs to grow up. That guy is way too in love with himself and his image to be a successful NFL quarterback. The reason why Top QB's like Brady and Manning are so successful are two things: Preparation and Dedication. Romo has neither. Besides the fact I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo. I don't think it keeps him up at night like it does for other NFL players, that's all I'm sayin.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote