Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Before everyone gets too far fetched about Romo, you have to remember that Arizona always plays well against the Cowboys even before Romo came on the scene. They always give the Cowboys a tough go. When you add in the fact that the Cowboy's defense hasn't stopped anybody this season, it seems absurd to me to point the finger at Romo. Where is the defense's fault in all this.
Cowboys' defense, not Cowboy's defense.

His stats are hollow stats, which is a bigger part of the conversation.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
What's wrong with Tony Romo is he needs to grow up. That guy is way too in love with himself and his image to be a successful NFL quarterback. The reason why Top QB's like Brady and Manning are so successful are two things: Preparation and Dedication. Romo has neither. Besides the fact I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo. I don't think it keeps him up at night like it does for other NFL players, that's all I'm sayin.
Here is an example of someone who knows nothing about Tony Romo. Are you serious? No preparation and dedication? What?

FYI, there is not a player on that team that takes a loss as hard as Romo. He's also the guy that receives all the blame when they lose, even when it's not his fault.

Romo takes his job seriously but, he doesnt take himself seriously. He's not in love with himself and he was never someone to care what the media or outsiders have had to say about him. You my friend, are way off base here.

Where did this even come from? I honestly do not know where you would come up with any of this information. If this is really how other fans see Romo than no wonder no one likes him out there but, it's a load of bull.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2008 at 09:21 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Romo takes his job seriously but, he doesnt take himself seriously. He's not in love with himself and he was never someone to care what the media and outsiders have had to say about him. You my friend, are way off base here.
How do you know all this? Do you guys hang out on weekends?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to catch you with a typo or grammatical error Sniper. I will.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo
I dont know about that. I remember seeing somewhere, I'll try to find it, that the reason Carrie Underwood left him was because all he talked about was football and really nothing else. haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'm going to catch you with a typo or grammatical error Sniper. I will.
It's cool. I hope someone fixes my error, if I make one. I want to speak the language properly.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't ever come to New Orleans. Your head will splode.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Don't ever come to New Orleans. Your head will splode.
I'm sure. I met a chick from Louisiana this summer, and holy ****, it's like talking to people from a different planet.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
How do you know all this? Do you guys hang out on weekends?
The Cowboys are of course "America's team". These guys are constantly covered by all types of media. Anyone who pays attention to them knows what kind of man Tony is. Not only has he said those words, just watch his interviews. (prior to the last few weeks, atleast) Tony is one of the hardest working players in the league but, he's also a goof ball. You can count on him for being prepared, hell overly prepared but, you can also count on him being the same quirky kid in the lockeroom and in front of the camera.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys' defense, not Cowboy's defense.

His stats are hollow stats, which is a bigger part of the conversation.
Interesting that you need to point out grammar to make yourself seem important but your argument is that of a 10 year old with no substance, no rational, in fact totally meaningless. Typical of a person who has already lost and is not willing to refute the evidence.
Refute the evidence or don't bother replying. Your constant reference to language considering that the computer is rewriting the English language and English slang so fast the dictionaries cannot keep up is pointless.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Interesting that you need to point out grammar to make yourself seem important but your argument is that of a 10 year old with no substance, no rational, in fact totally meaningless. Typical of a person who has already lost and is not willing to refute the evidence.
Refute the evidence or don't bother replying. Your constant reference to language considering that the computer is rewriting the English language and English slang so fast the dictionaries cannot keep up is pointless.
Your mindless dribble would make sense, however, even Cowboys fans know that his stats don't indicate his level of play this year. I apologize for preferring posts that are grammatically well-structured and demonstrate an education obtainable only after passing the second grade.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I think he be suk
Old 10-12-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I think he be suk
TOTALYZ! HE BE A HOOOGE SUKZ!

I'm pissed at your LSU boys.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Don't remind me. My belt is already on the ceiling fan, don't make me seal the deal.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce with ur hate with Romo u just basically made up stuff about Romo, saying he blames others get over ur hate with romo.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Don't remind me. My belt is already on the ceiling fan, don't make me seal the deal.
Could be worse. You could be 2-4 with a terrible "offense", terrible linebackers and safeties and one awful corner, and you could have lost to Toledo...at home.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's wrong with Tony Romo?

I can tell you. He's not from notre dame..

OHHHHHHHH Snap.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
What's wrong with Tony Romo is he needs to grow up. That guy is way too in love with himself and his image to be a successful NFL quarterback. The reason why Top QB's like Brady and Manning are so successful are two things: Preparation and Dedication. Romo has neither. Besides the fact I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo. I don't think it keeps him up at night like it does for other NFL players, that's all I'm sayin.
I don't buy this crap about dedication -- I do think his coaches are not coaching him and the play calling needs to adjust to his abilities (run/move) a little more. He is not a pure pocket passer.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Garrett is as good as he's given credit for. Time and time again there's a lot of questionable game planning around the Cowboys offense.

They need to run the ball more and use TO and Witten as primary targets slightly less.

Passing first, second and third downs isn't a good strategy.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
And the cliche generalization of sensitive Cowboy's fans come out .

I'm as critical of Romo and of my Team as any other Football fan, so don't use that on me.

What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset at himself after a mistake? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because I haven't seen it this year.
THe stupid smirk he makes when he ***** up
Old 10-12-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
THe stupid smirk he makes when he ***** up
This "smirk" people construe as him not caring or him showing up his receivers, I don't get. You truly believe he feels indifferent after he throws a pick or a over throws a pass? If you see how he is playing now and what his demeanor is on the field and in interviews, you can see he is not happy with his play. The constant problems with taking care of the ball, the miss opportunities, the decision making, and the constant scrutiny from fans and local media, is obviously getting to him. Because I haven't seen that "smirk" since the 1st week in Cleveland.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your mindless dribble would make sense, however, even Cowboys fans know that his stats don't indicate his level of play this year. I apologize for preferring posts that are grammatically well-structured and demonstrate an education obtainable only after passing the second grade.
Actually it is a known fact that really intelligent people tend to be poor spellers and are often grammatically incorrect. They spend their time thinking about more important things besides spelling and grammar. People who tend to be good spellers and use concise language tend to be conformists who accepted everything their teachers said without question. The clearer and more perfect your handwriting, spelling and grammar, the more likely that you never ever had an original thought in your life.
I have a PHD in philosophy so tell me how far did you get with your proper spelling and grammar. I rely on the computer to check over my work, that is the mundane task they are used for by really intelligent people.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I spell really well, but I have by far the worst hand writing you will ever see.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???
Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm sure. I met a chick from Louisiana this summer, and holy ****, it's like talking to people from a different planet.
Oh god, don't confuse New Orleans with the rest of Louisiana. We have our issues, but not quite on the majorities level :D
Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Actually it is a known fact that really intelligent people tend to be poor spellers and are often grammatically incorrect. They spend their time thinking about more important things besides spelling and grammar. People who tend to be good spellers and use concise language tend to be conformists who accepted everything their teachers said without question. The clearer and more perfect your handwriting, spelling and grammar, the more likely that you never ever had an original thought in your life.
I have a PHD in philosophy so tell me how far did you get with your proper spelling and grammar. I rely on the computer to check over my work, that is the mundane task they are used for by really intelligent people.
Probably the worst excuse for poor spelling and grammar I have ever heard. Well done "Doc", you've outdone yourself. But I digress.

Anyways, back to the point of this thread, Romo isn't the same type of player as he has been the first couple of years. This can't be making Owens too happy.