Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
No seriously. He should've stayed with Carrie Underwood. That is key in all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Cowboys, not Cowboy's.

Romo's problem, as I alluded to in the Gameday thread, is that he went from banging Carrie Underwood's glorious ass to banging something that everyone in Hollywood has banged. I <3 Underwood.
I beat you to it Sniper. I didn't see your post in the gameday thread, therefore, I am greater than you. And plus, I live in Nashville. I'll get to Carrie Underwood before you!
Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I beat you to it Sniper. I didn't see your post in the gameday thread, therefore, I am greater than you. And plus, I live in Nashville. I'll get to Carrie Underwood before you!
Well done VM. Carrie Underwood is so sexy, yet not skanky.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit it I hate the Cowboys and as much as I love watching Romo throw picks and fumble I cannot hate the guy. I read a story about him helping a stranded motorist after the Browns game and it changed my outlook on him. That was the game where he got drilled on the chin and was most likely concussed, and after a late night flight back to Dallas he stopped to help change the tire of a strangers car. He never told them who he was or asked for credit, he just helped them out and went on his way. Talk about being humble and not letting fame get to your head.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Mentally reading people when you don't have an ounce of credibility when it comes to personally knowing Romo is a little risky.

He does seem different personality wise but it may just be plain and simple. The Cowboys have not been playing well this season and the entire offensive scheme just seems off. On top of that, now that Romo has been playing for a couple years his weaknesses and tendencies are being figured out. Pass rushers attack the ball with him more so than other QBs, Romo has yet to overcome that. Romo is getting blitzed more now and getting beat up a little because teams have figured out he holds on too long, assuming he can evade the pressure at times where he just can't. And once Romo is beat up a little, his game and mindset are totally altered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of the underlying problems as well is Terrell Owens. Don't get me wrong, TO is still one of the best in the game, but he's showing signs of slowing down.

I know people will be quick to say "he's being double covered and pressed" blah blah blah, but who cares? He's seen that coverage his entire career and has eaten it up his entire career. But not anymore.

He's starting to slow down. And thats putting a hamper on this passing attack. Even as a slowed down TO, he's still one of the best in the game. But he has shown signs of slowing down, and it has seriously effected this offense.

If Jason Witten wasn't having such a clutch/huge season right now, the Cowboys couldve been 3-3, maybe worse. Witten is carrying that passing attack.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Actually....

From the 4 games I have watched, TO is not getting doubled as often as he was last year. His straight line, top speed is still near or at the top in the league. But in terms of getting in and out of cuts, he doesn't seem to be lethal anymore.

Witten has scared me more than TO in that offense the past few years anyway.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Actually....

From the 4 games I have watched, TO is not getting doubled as often as he was last year. His straight line, top speed is still near or at the top in the league. But in terms of getting in and out of cuts, he doesn't seem to be lethal anymore.

Witten has scared me more than TO in that offense the past few years anyway.
Thats true. But I think the reason why we've seen this is bc he went against 3 teams who have faith in their CBs to play press on an island with him. Springs, Hood and Hall all are capable of doing that. Theyre all big and strong enough to pull it off.

When he plays a team like Bills however (just an example), I expect more doubles. Same with the Bears, who use smaller CBs.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats true. But I think the reason why we've seen this is bc he went against 3 teams who have faith in their CBs to play press on an island with him. Springs, Hood and Hall all are capable of doing that. Theyre all big and strong enough to pull it off.

When he plays a team like Bills however (just an example), I expect more doubles. Same with the Bears, who use smaller CBs.
Yeah those teams are zone based...

Cards, Eagles, Skins all trusted man coverage on TO and outside of Lito Shappard, TO was handled.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Yeah those teams are zone based...

Cards, Eagles, Skins all trusted man coverage on TO and outside of Lito Shappard, TO was handled.
Curious to see if we put Webster or Ross on him.

I think Webster has been lights out this year.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Curious to see if we put Webster or Ross on him.

I think Webster has been lights out this year.
I would think Webster most of the time. He has been across from the opposing #1 since the playoff run began and he has yet to be beat except for the two times he tripped (Driver, Moss).

The 180 he has taken.....holy cow
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I would think Webster most of the time. He has been across from the opposing #1 since the playoff run began and he has yet to be beat except for the two times he tripped (Driver, Moss).

The 180 he has taken.....holy cow
i know. i can't explain it. the guy went from one of the worst corners ive ever seen to playing like a top 5 CB in the league since the playoffs. it just doesn't make any sense.

we need to extend him asap.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i know. i can't explain it. the guy went from one of the worst corners ive ever seen to playing like a top 5 CB in the league since the playoffs. it just doesn't make any sense.

we need to extend him asap.
And he was Jerry Reese's guy in the 2005 draft too. Giants almost traded up back into the 1st round to get him but Accorsi said no.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll come back, I have faith.

(Romo)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently it was a broken finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Lol you beat me to it. I was gonna post the exact same thing.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Well...i guess this question has been answered lol.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
The report says he broke his finger in overtime, so probably not.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
The report says he broke his finger in overtime, so probably not.
Did it just fly by you?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite...Tony suffered the injury in OT. He was healthy up until then so, it's not even related. But anyway, this is devastating...could be 3 games w/ the bye, could be much worse. This completely changes the dynamic of our team. Now we have a statue back there w/ our o-line coming off of their worst game...time to pound rock. Gotta ride Marion and Felix. This is going to be real interesting...I'm really the unhappiest guy on the planet right now. ugh. Only good that may come from this...Tony will have plenty of time to get his head together but, who knows what kind of record he'll be coming back to.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Ouch, tough break for a team that needs wins these next few weeks.

That wasn't the problem with his early struggles but maybe these next 3-4 weeks will help him catch up with whatever he is behind on.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think one of the underlying problems as well is Terrell Owens. Don't get me wrong, TO is still one of the best in the game, but he's showing signs of slowing down.

I know people will be quick to say "he's being double covered and pressed" blah blah blah, but who cares? He's seen that coverage his entire career and has eaten it up his entire career. But not anymore.

He's starting to slow down. And thats putting a hamper on this passing attack. Even as a slowed down TO, he's still one of the best in the game. But he has shown signs of slowing down, and it has seriously effected this offense.

If Jason Witten wasn't having such a clutch/huge season right now, the Cowboys couldve been 3-3, maybe worse. Witten is carrying that passing attack.

How many games have you caught this year? TO looks faster to me out there, again I'm pretty sure he's not the same WR as he was in San Fran but he still blows past defenders pretty easily even when he doesn't get the ball, I don't get how that seriously affects our offense...Garrett takes alot of blame, we haven't seen alot of TO going in motion like last year, or some of the creativity to find ways to get him open...He's doing his job, and looks every bit as good of a WR as he has been since he came here, just a few weeks ago he was running past everyone on SNF so whys that change now.

Those DB's have been doing a great job jammimg him at the line and pressing, but last year you saw him in the slot off the line, or going in motion and snapping the ball with him already moving towards the inside...This year, not so much for some reason, I think our coaching staff is still trying to figure this team out and how to put everyone in a position to perform.

Injuries don't bother me, I kinda felt we were due for our fair share, it's been too long since we have had a year like some other teams so we are due...Although it's ironic that everyone around here still wants to call Barber's running style damaging and saying he's the one whose going to break down yet he's been here 4 years and I can't remember one minor or major injury he's sustained *knock on wood* don't want to jinx him but he is probably more dependable then anyone on the team...Guess we really see if he can handle 25-30 carries because thats what he probably gets for a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awwwe little tony's pinky hwurts him.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

The worst injury is McBriar.

That dude is money.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote