Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Now Romo has a legit reason to be unhappy.
Can you enlarge his testicles in that picture? And maybe put an ER entrance in the background too.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only Tony Romo had done a barrel roll to avoid the pressure...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonolb View Post
Can you enlarge his testicles in that picture? And maybe put an ER entrance in the background too.
Winslow's balls shrunk to the size of a grapefruit get it right.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Lollercaust. I take it you haven't seen Brad Johnson lately.

Theyre gonna have to lean on the best secondary of this past decade to win them games on defense.

But its only 4 games though. If they can go 2-2, they can still squeak into the playoffs and do damage. All hope is not lost by any means.

the same secondary that was dissected by Kurt Warner?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
the same secondary that was dissected by Kurt Warner?
If you didnt know, it's a running joke on here. Because, DMW said the cowboys could have the best secondary of the decade or something along those lines.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not looking like one of my finer moments, though I did qualify it rather extensively. I said that if everything developed just right ( health being the most important, and we know how that's gone) we had a "decent" chance. But the mediocre performance to date can't even justify that much.

As for Romo and his injury (and also in response to the other Romo thread), I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Romo has not been himself lately, and if you look at him on the sidelines, he has the look of a guy who is having woman problems. He just ain't right, plain and simple. His play has still been fairly good, but not dynamic and spectacular like we're used to. I think that blonde bimbo is making him miserable Jan Levinson style. There is no other explanation.

So I think this time away from the game could re-energize him and help him recapture his enthusiasm and love for the game.

More than that, it is time to see what this defense is really made of. I have a theory, which has always seemed to ring true in my mind, regarding the makeup of teams and how they become awesome defensively. It hinges on the fact that you almost never see a truly great defense on the same team as a great (or even really good) offense. The closest I have ever seen is the Cowboys of the early 90s and Packers of the mid-90s. Both were really good defenses who had everything in place to become All-Time units. But it never happened because they never were required to develop that "no margin for error" mentality that all truly great defenses have.

In effect, a defense that knows it can afford a few mistakes here and there is going to under-perform, simply because they won't bring that unwavering and relentless intensity and will to dominate on each and every Sunday. It seems like knowing that you have to go out and win the game for your team every Sunday can take you to another level.

Anyhow, not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but this factor could come into play for this Cowboy defense. There is no arguing that they have the athletes and sheer ability in place to distinguish themselves as a great defense. They just haven't done it in games, which is kind of a big deal. If this opportunity doesn't do it for them, its time to consider some wholesale changes on that side of the ball, starting with the HC and DC. These results can no longer be tolerated.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

DMV, you're not completely wrong. You could easily make a case for it being the most talented secondary, despite the lack of production.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-14-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
DMV, you're not completely wrong. You could easily make a case for it being the most talented secondary, despite the lack of production.
Yeah, yeah, i'll go with that one! :D
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Yeah, not looking like one of my finer moments, though I did qualify it rather extensively. I said that if everything developed just right ( health being the most important, and we know how that's gone) we had a "decent" chance. But the mediocre performance to date can't even justify that much.

As for Romo and his injury (and also in response to the other Romo thread), I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Romo has not been himself lately, and if you look at him on the sidelines, he has the look of a guy who is having woman problems. He just ain't right, plain and simple. His play has still been fairly good, but not dynamic and spectacular like we're used to. I think that blonde bimbo is making him miserable Jan Levinson style. There is no other explanation.

So I think this time away from the game could re-energize him and help him recapture his enthusiasm and love for the game.

More than that, it is time to see what this defense is really made of. I have a theory, which has always seemed to ring true in my mind, regarding the makeup of teams and how they become awesome defensively. It hinges on the fact that you almost never see a truly great defense on the same team as a great (or even really good) offense. The closest I have ever seen is the Cowboys of the early 90s and Packers of the mid-90s. Both were really good defenses who had everything in place to become All-Time units. But it never happened because they never were required to develop that "no margin for error" mentality that all truly great defenses have.

In effect, a defense that knows it can afford a few mistakes here and there is going to under-perform, simply because they won't bring that unwavering and relentless intensity and will to dominate on each and every Sunday. It seems like knowing that you have to go out and win the game for your team every Sunday can take you to another level.

Anyhow, not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but this factor could come into play for this Cowboy defense. There is no arguing that they have the athletes and sheer ability in place to distinguish themselves as a great defense. They just haven't done it in games, which is kind of a big deal. If this opportunity doesn't do it for them, its time to consider some wholesale changes on that side of the ball, starting with the HC and DC. These results can no longer be tolerated.
i think these next 3 games will define this year's Cowboys. we're going to learn a lot about the mental makeup of this team in the next 3 weeks. it could be a blessing in disguise, it could also be disaster. it all depends on the mental toughness of the team.

and just a side note: the 84 49ers were probably the most balanced SB champ ever. They had a sick defense and sick offense. Statistically speaking, i know the 86 Giants were #3 ranked offense and I believe the #1 ranked defense. But they were more known for their defense for obvious reasons. basically, what im saying is that its doable, its been done before, its just that when we remember past champions, we tend to remember one unit over the other bc one unit usually takes the limelight/glory, even though sometimes its not necessarily justified.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i think these next 3 games will define this year's Cowboys. we're going to learn a lot about the mental makeup of this team in the next 3 weeks. it could be a blessing in disguise, it could also be disaster. it all depends on the mental toughness of the team.
Exactly. This team has its back against the wall. They will be without their starting LG (I admit I was wrong about Kosier, without him our OL is not the same), starting QB, big-play RB, P and #1 CB for the next 4 weeks. And probably even without Spencer.
If they can win 3 of the next 4 they can find their confidence back and go all the way to the SB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3645737

Romo wants to play with the injury.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

I know Favre is his primary god and everything but come on Tony.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-15-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I know Favre is his personal god and everything but come on Tony.

Especially against the Rams. They don't even need him, and if they do they aren't as good as we all think they are.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh sure, that's a great idea. T.O wouldn't spazz out the first time a slant fell at his feet due to lack of zip.

On second thought, DO IT! DO IT NOW!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you Brett Favre, just go away :(

If he gets hit hard screw a month there goes our season, if Brad Johnson can't make this offense move the chains vs STL then we don't deserve to win...At least rest him this week and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone surprised that this came after Brett Favre called Tony Romo?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Anyone surprised that this came after Brett Favre called Tony Romo?
that's immediately what I thought of

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know what to think w/ this one. Maybe playing w/ it is just what Tony needs...keep him actually focused at the task at hand. You can learn a lot about yourself when faced with that type of adversity, just like Favre did when he's played through all the injuries through his career. On the other hand, the rest may be or have been good for Romo, just to get his head clear. I'm on the fence...obviously, there is a lot of risk involved but, the only one that should make this decision is Tony. Tony has to do what he has to do...he is in some kind of weird funk right now and he needs to do something to get himself right again and get out of it.

I will add, though...Given Romo's throwing motion, there will be a lot of torque on that injured pinkie. There is just no avoiding it if he continues to snap his wrist like he does and lets it roll off the hand. It will be interesting but, Tony knows whats best for himself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-15-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a great idea. This is the type of thing that Tony needs to go through to become a true winner. I don't see how it should keep him out, anyway. He just basically cracked a bone in his hand, its not even out in the finger portion, its the bone that's actually inside his hand.

That said, I did think that it would help the team for him to sit a few games, and help him.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I think its a great idea. This is the type of thing that Tony needs to go through to become a true winner. I don't see how it should keep him out, anyway. He just basically cracked a bone in his hand, its not even out in the finger portion, its the bone that's actually inside his hand.

That said, I did think that it would help the team for him to sit a few games, and help him.
So you think it would be a great idea for him to sit...and it would be a great idea for him to play? The Cowboys can do no wrong!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont know what to think w/ this one. Maybe playing w/ it is just what Tony needs...keep him actually focused at the task at hand. You can learn a lot about yourself when faced with that type of adversity, just like Favre did when he's played through all the injuries through his career. On the other hand, the rest may be or have been good for Romo, just to get his head clear. I'm on the fence...obviously, there is a lot of risk involved but, the only one that should make this decision is Tony. Tony has to do what he has to do...he is in some kind of weird funk right now and he needs to do something to get himself right again and get out of it.

I will add, though...Given Romo's throwing motion, there will be a lot of torque on that injured pinkie. There is just no avoiding it if he continues to snap his wrist like he does and lets it roll off the hand. It will be interesting but, Tony knows whats best for himself.
There's no chance in hell that thing gets healed if he continues playing with it, so why would we want a 75% Tony for the rest of the year? Let him take the few weeks off, and have Brad Johnson do as best he can (which isn't too good) and try to win us at least one game in that stretch. Then we can turn it on and get to full speed just in time for the playoffs.

This decision shouldn't be left to Tony Romo. He's a crowd-pleaser. He thinks people are gonna respect him more if he plays through it, and in all sincerity, that's not in the best interest of the team.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I would normally agree but, given the situation Tony is in w/ this depression of sorts we've seen...I think he needs to do what will honestly, make him the happiest. If he really wants to play and compete, then I say, so be it. Hell, maybe a phone call from Favre is just what he needed to get him back on track...I dont for sure but, this should be left up to him, imo.

I dont know if we really need him against the Rams, though. Bucs game might be a better one to come back to, he has put up excellent performances against the cover 2...so, if he can still make the throws, that may be a good come back game for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You know painful it would be to throw 25-35 passes with a broken pinkie?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

aww how cute, little Tony is trying to act tough and big boy after Favre called him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damn you people love to harp on Romo. He has thrown 14 touchdowns and is having a hell of a year. Even with the broken pinkie he give da boyz the best chance to win. People play through injuries all the time and yet don't catch half the flack Romo is getting for trying to play. Look at Rivers last year, he had a partially torn ACL and was praised for playing on it. If Rivers had fully torn his ACL he would have ****** his team since it requires a year to heal. While it was a different situation since it was the playoffs, it was shows the disparity to how Romo is treated compared to other QB's. Bottom line is Romo is not trying to be a crowd-pleaser he is giving his team the best chance to win by playing.

Last edited by Loggerhead : 10-15-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Loggerhead is offline   Reply With Quote