Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-16-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gameday Thread

Discuss anything related to Sunday's games!

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 09-19-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get it started with the inactives for today's game:

TITANS INACTIVES
#11 WR Paul Williams
#21 CB Reynaldo Hill
#42 RB Chris Henry
#48 FB Casey Cramer
#64 G/C Leroy Harris
#82 WR Biren Ealy
#90 DT Randy Starks
#94 DE Bryce Fisher

Starting Lineup Changes
no changes

COLTS INACTIVES

#25 DB Michael Coe
#42 DB Brannon Condren
#54 LB Freddy Keiaho
#74 OT Charlie Johnson
#75 OT Michael Toudouze
#90 DT Dan Klecko
#94 LB Rob Morris
#97 DT Quinn pitcock

Starting Lineup Changes
#50 Rocky Boiman starts at SLB in place of #94 Rob Morris
#56 Tyjuan Hagler starts at WLB in place of #54 Freddy Keiaho

The team must be pleased with the progress of Corey Simon since Starks is now going on the inactive list.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Roydell needs to be starting
Old 09-16-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

guys i hate to say it but vince cost us this game. he needs to quit taking sacks and play a little bit smarter.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

What he needs to do is run more.

There is no one thing or one player that cost us the game. It was an accumulation of mistakes at the wrong time. There were several mistakes. Vince's penalty, Jones' drop, Davis' drop and fumble, the missed 4th down early in the game, the deflected passes that we didn't pick. I can go on and on all day.

We have shown that we can play with teams though. We need to add more playmakers (some may already be on the roster...Griff), but it feels like we are turning the corner.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of town due to a death in the family, so I was unable to watch the game. I like the final score, despite losing. In our past 3 games, the Colts haven't beaten us with a margin larger than a field goal. I hope these are the beginnings of classic games between the two franshises. Also, it sounds like Vince threw much better today, and that Roydell played great. I'm looking for toward the next game with the Colts, one that I can hopefully watch.

Also, two amazing statistics: Vince Young had a higher QB rating than Manning yesterday, and holy **** the Texans are 2-0!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possibly the best picture I could find taken during the game:

I think I saw that on one of the highlights. That when Finnegan made the pick?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY showed he is heading the right way, but getting sacked on that last drive killed us, one of his biggest problems is rolling and slowing down and then trying to start running again and getting tackled from behind. And as Pitt said Roydell should be starting. We should be able to beat the saints, but there going to be fired up, as should we since this is our first monday night football game since 04, as we lost in a shot out to the chiefs with Volek at QB.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Possibly the best picture I could find taken during the game:

I think I saw that on one of the highlights. That when Finnegan made the pick?
Yeah......

Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Fisher sent out his Friday practice report.

I my favorite question/answer:

Quote:
(on if he felt like he was seeing a glimpse of the future when he watched Vince Young, LenDale White and Reggie Bush in the 2005 BCS National Championship game)

Yeah. We were hopeful to get as many players from that game as we could, and we’ve got three or four of them on our team. I think [New Orleans] has only got one.

Lol! Now if only Vince, LenDale, and Griff can perform as well Monday as they did in the Rose Bowl. We all know how Vince did, but not many know that LenDale had the better day than Reggie, and Griffin had an INT in the redzone. I hope Griff gets more playing time against the Saints.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Double post! Yay!

Here's ESPN's NFL Madden '08 Forecast of the Titans/Saints game.

For those of you who don't know, this is basically a simulation using the Madden video game to predict who will win games. And, as anyone who actually plays Madden knows, most of the computer generated games don't really turn out right. Any team can win, though the higher rated team obviously wins most of the time, and any player can have a huge game. Nevertheless, its pretty entertaining.

Some interesting notes:

-The Saints run for 223 yards against a Titans defense that is only allowing 78 rushing YPG and hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. I mean, those are Titan rushing numbers.
-Vince notches his 3rd game in a row that he's completed 60% or more of his passes.
-The Titans' RB's only run 22 times;White 9 times, and Brown 10. Young ran 8.
-Our secondary shut down Marques Colston and Devery Henderson. Our nickelback apparently sucks, though, and allowed David Patten to have 80+ yards receiving and a TD.
-Brandon Jones had a great day. Roydell Williams did not.
-Its nice to see David Givens has recovered from his injury so fast. Welcome back David!

And yes, I know its just a game. But still...

*Writes angry e-mail to ESPN and Madden*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Boo lack of posting! Hooray triple-posting, post *****-ism!

Anyone know who the starters at WR are? I'm hoping Roydell is at least in the Top 3. I'd prefer:

#1 Eric Moulds (Possession Receiver)
#2 Roydell Williams (Deep Threat/Play Maker Receiver)
#3 Brandon Jones (Reliable, Over The Middle Receiver)

Jones looked winded in the Colts game. He needs to improve his conditioning. If he has the energy he should have had, and catches that 3rd down pass last week, we would have had a chance to win. Plus, Williams looked great last week, and from what I hear, caught EVERYTHING that was thrown to him, including a great catch on the sideline and a great catch in the endzone for a TD. Moulds stays at #1 since he has the experience, and takes the attention of the #1 CB. Williams has the potential to burn Jason David bad.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Haven't heard anything, but I hope it's Jones and Roydell on the outside, with Moulds in the slot.

I'm looking for Albert to be dominant tomorrow night. We need Odom to do something too against their RT.

Scariest thing to me is defending screen passes to Bush.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm not that worried. Don't get me wrong, Bush is a good player. But, I liked our D-Line, and Bulluck and Thornton are fast LB's. Not to mention, our safeties are good against the run. He may get one big play, and dissappear for the rest of the game. Thats what he's been doing this season apparently.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

We get consistently gashed by screen passes. We haven't been able to stop them in years. Maybe the Saints won't exploit that, but with a guy as fast as Bush, I'm worried.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, Sean Payton's play calling has been terrible. So there's a good chance that we won't get exploited, and he'll continue to throw toss-runs and make Bush "dance" between the tackles.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Young seems hell bent and determing to throw the ball successfully against New Orleans...lets hope this is a good thing and not bad...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

so far so good for vince's passing
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, but that INT was horrible. Everyone was worried about him over throwing receivers. But he's actually under throwing receivers. Two of those under throws were for INT's, too. Its halftime, and I think we're all gotten the point that Vince can throw. Now its LenDale and Brown's turn to run the ball and get the #1 running offense in the league running.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Griffin is a special teams stud, the 1st round rookie continually finds ways to impact the game in that area.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Griffin's special teams abilities were a big part of why he was drafted. He's a special teams ace, plain and simple. He returns kicks, blocks punts, and can play gunner. He does it all, and not to mention he can play CB, FS, and SS.

Also, 31-14 :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Nice win. Vince came out sharp, but seemed to get a little careless when he threw that INT. He seems to do that from time to time.

You could tell they went into an offensive shell after the forearm issue, but it worked. The big plays on D were great. Bulluck is still my favorite player.

I'm ready to see Griff on the field for the defense.

Can't help but to think what our offense could be with a stud RB. Can Chris Henry be that? Most people would say no. We'll see. But LenDale is what he is, and while effective, we need a dynamic element.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Goin with old faithful for a while. Clover Jeez throwback
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I love keith Bulluck.... :), VY looked improve as a passer, only bad throw that stood out to me was the pick. White and CB are doing there part, defense made plays off of bad plays.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Honestly, I do believe Bulluck sealed a spot on the plane to Hawaii tonight. Nothing will help him more than a game like this on primetime television.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.