Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't why every season vol fan jump ship, Fat phill as done well with the team and this year team is just not that good, defense is good, but on offense its weak all around only good thing about the offense is the RB's, but was not surprise by the lost last night, always make me smile alittle when i see them lose, sorry i just can't help myself guys.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense should not be as weak as it was made to look last night. We have a great group of playmaking WR's with experience, a balanced crew of RB's that can do a bunch of different things for us, and a veteran offensive line group. The only weakness is at QB. Crompton has the talent but needs to be brought on slowly. The offensive gameplan last night was atrocious and didn't use our strengths on offense enough.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoken like a true Vandy fan, Smitty. ;) I try to root for Vandy whenever I see them play. It kinds feels like rooting for your kid brother! :D

As for the Vols, I really do think this was a fluke. One quote by Fulmer that keeps ringing in my ears is, "A lot of questions will be answered in our first game." The convenience of that is that this game does not matter. It had no bearing on the SEC, and that's what we care about. We weren't going undefeated, so losing to UCLA only affects us in that aspect. There's still the SEC and Florida, which is still 3 weeks away. We can correct flaws that we found against UCLA in that time. Like appropriate and unpredictable playcalling for Clawson, which was a great learning experience for him, and how much pressure Crompton can handle. If the zone that Chavis uses so stubbornly is shredded by friggin Kevin Kraft, then Tebow will rape it. Our DB's are too good to play zone. I think Ellix Wilson was in coverage too much, even though blitzing is his specialty. The OL played poorly too.

There wer some flaws in playcalling, and we were definitely outcoached. But, our team was in position to win twice at the end of the game, and we allowed Kraft to pass to his TE multiple times in a TD drive and Lincoln misses a very makeable FG. I think it's 65 on the players, 35 on the coaches.

But hey, look at the bright side. At least we're not Clemson or Virginia Tech...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a really good chance of us starting 1-3.... and finishing 6-6.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC games are a whole nother beast, my friend. Rival teams who play each other yearly will have a closer game than two teams who are meeting each other for the first time in a while. I'd be surprised if we win less then 8 games this year. One sucky game, let alone the very first game under a new QB and offensive scheme, doesn't make us a bad team.

My math teacher always told me I over-thought things. It's not that I didn't understand, but because I would try to go beyond the initial problem. I think that's what Vols fans are doing. We're just too smart for our own good really...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-04-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
We're just too smart for our own good really...
It is our only downfall....
Old 09-04-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeaaahhhhhh :)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Vandy ranked after this weekend?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So much for South Carolina being the SEC sleeper... :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Vandy ranked after this weekend?
I really don't think, but it would be pretty cool.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I need a hug...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Come here buddy...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How 'bout them 'Dores!!!!!! #21 in the nation and have Auburn at home on ESPN after their bye week!!

Good year so far for my football teams
Vandy 4-0
Titans 3-0
Broncos 3-0 and Cutler is shredding defenses!!!

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah well, the vols are doing their best to even out the joy I get from the Titans. At least my second favorite NFL team is doing well, and MTSU has had it's moments.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

If this game doesn't open the coaching staffs eyes about how horrible Crompton really is, then I don't know what to think. Our offense just really has no chance with him at QB.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young laughs at Jon Crompton's passing ability
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I seriously think I could step on the field and do better than Crompton. I'm quarterbacking an intramural game on monday so I'll get back to you guys with my stats. :)
Old 09-28-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull
Vince Young laughs at Jon Crompton's passing ability
Ahahahahahaha! Ya gotta wonder what Peyton was thinking while on the sideline.

Edit: No Josh Nunes for Heismanz!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-26-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

God the offense is sucking so hard this year. Something about Clawsons offense has made the offensive line go from one of the best to pretty bad. We can't run the ball, they're getting called for a lot of penalties. We move backwards when we get in opponents territory. The WR's seem to have regressed as well. The defensive talent is being wasted because they have to stay on the field for far too long. They just fade towards the end because they're so tired. Special teams has been atrocious as well. How can a team with the funds that Tennessee has not have a special teams coordinator when it's been a bugaboo for so long now? Ughhh, I'm so frustrated. I feel bad for Eric Berry. I wish he could be playing for a contender.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, the current guys on the OL weren't recruited to play in Clawson's spread offense. That's part of the reason why so many plays get blown up or fail horribly. Second part is QB play. Cutcliffe made Ainge get rid of the ball hella' quick, so that's why the OL only gave up 4 sacks. Plus, Ainge was a senior QB with very good accuracy, and may have been a bit under-valued by Vols fans when compared to guys like Stafford and Tebow. Crompton busted harshly, and though Stevens has been an upgrade, he's not the ideal fit.

Plus, how many offensive coaches left when Cutcliffe went to Duke? I miss Trooper Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Tee Martin is right! We have to decide what we want to do. Clawson won't able to show what kind of OC he can be until he gets his recruits. But, UT has such a high standard that patience may run out before he has that chance. We can either commit to Clawson until the turn around for the offense comes, or we can overhaul the coaching staff.

As for me, I prefer to commit to Clawson. Look, we are having a great recruiting class so far this season - despite having our worst season since '05! Fulmer, Clawson, and Co. have landed verbal commit from touted skill position players in 4* WR Je'Ron Stokes, #1 All-Purpose RB David Oku(4*), #2 All-Purpose RB Jarvis Giles(4*), and speedy ATH Damien Thigpen(4*). Stokes is a good WR, which is welcome to matter what, but Oku and Giles are perfect for the spread. Four OL's have given verbals too. And to think, Oku commited even though Giles had committed and the Vols were losing? Someone's telling the recruits something they want to hear.

The offensive turn around will come very soon. Michigan is going through this same problem goin from Carr to Rodriguez. This is what our possible future skill position depth chart could look like:

QB: ?
RB: David Oku (4*)
RB: Jarvis Giles (4*)
WR: Gerald Jones (4*)
WR: Denarius Moore (3*)
WR: Je'Ron Stokes (4*)
WR: Ahmad Paige (4*)
TE: Branden Warren (5*)

Alas, the all crucial QB position is a question mark! But fear not, for we are in luck with dual-threat QB recruits! Rivals #3 Dual-Threat QB Tahj Boyd (4*; 6'1, 208, 4.7 40, 4.4 shuttle, 24-in vertical) and #4 Dual-Threat QB Kevin Newsome (4*; 6'3, 217, 4.57 40) have the Vols in their list of schools. Boyd has us in his list of 9 schools, and Newsome has only 4 listed schools: Boston College, Penn St., Tennessee, and Virginia Tech. Plus, both players are in Virginia, with Newsome at Hargrave Military Academy, a recent recruiting pipeline for the Vols. The Vols already have a history of recruiting well in Virginia, especially with the Hargrave connections, but Dave Clawson has a history there by being Richmond's former HC. So, I am pretty hopeful of getting one of these two guys. Forget Josh Nunes!

Clawson still has work to do on his play-calling, but with the personnel he has, his play-calling is probably kinda limited. Growing pains are what we're goin through now, and that's fine - we weren't going to win a National Championship this year. One losing season won't discredit our national image. We're still the University of Tennessee, and we can suck ass on offense and still bring in highly touted skill players! Slow and steady wins the race, and if we want to return to being a team in the national scene year in and year out, we gotta show patience.

Urban Meyer came in and landed Tebow and Harvin right off the bat. Clawson came and inherited Crompton and Foster...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Do you post on VolNation? I don't. Just wondering if you do.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I do my best just to browse forums like VolNation and TitansCentral, but I do post occassionally.

On those forums, there's really only fellow fans to talk to, unlike on DraftCountdown where all 32 teams are represented. We have to defend our team here from criticism by other fans, so I think that kinda has built up a fondness of players who are targets of slights, jokes, or whatever, like LenDale and Vince. We have to look at their positives instead of their negatives in order to defend them. We don't have the time to say we rock, rah, rah, rah! They do, so when they don't rock, it's someone else's fault because everyone is in the concensus that they in fact should rock.

When I go to TitansCentral, I can find threads started by Titans fans whose sole purpose is to try to convince others why a certain player is bad by listing all of the negatives about the player. The only time they have to defend the team is when a troll comes in. Because of that, it's only natural to look at the downsides of things, but it's still ridiculous - especially when the team is winning.

The same goes on at VolNation. The only forum there I enjoy is the Recruiting Forum, because there's actually positivity there (Well, aside when some downer comes in and says, "Well, USC or Ohio St. will prolly get him cuz they're contendors.") Other than that, it's just an entire fandom simultaneously *****ing. Look at the top threads on the Vols Forum: "Fulmer is GONE," "Put Crompton Back In," "My TN coaching staff replacements." There are still players to root for, but there's not one, "Eric Berry for Thorpe Award!" thread or anything. Just the same ole same old complaining about problems, and no one pointing out the positive or pointing out solutions besides firing the entire coaching staff.

I try to just hang around these parts. I think the group of Titans fans here have more logic, reasoning, and ideas than some entire boards around the internet. I get along with ya'll guys better. I get into too many fights on the other ones.^^

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-27-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Hahaha. Yeah. I've only browsed Volnation a couple of times, but I see exactly what you're talking about.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the Fulmer situation, VDM? I respect your opinion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm actually pretty torn. I want to give him another shot, but at the same time I don't.
I really like Fulmer as a person. He's done a lot of good things for the University and for people in general. He usually brings in excellent recruiting classes, and the players really seem to like him.
At the same time, I feel like Tennessee has become less competitive with the nations top teams lately. I also feel like sometimes he's a push over when it comes to discipline. One of the major things that has always annoyed me though is the tendency to let special teams slip. I couldn't even tell you the last time Tennessee has returned a kickoff for a TD. They're punt coverages always seem to get them burned as well.
I feel like if the AD chooses to go in a new direction after this season, I'm OK with that, but I think with the money that they're going to have to pay him either way, I'm also OK with them keeping him at least one more year. I think he's earned the right to go out with his head held high instead of being forced out. If he does return, I would like for the AD or somebody close to him to push for a special teams coach hire so that that part of the game will quit biting them in the butt.
One more thing. If we do go with a new coach for whatever reason, I think we should hire new young blood that's not necessarily tied to the program. A guy like Chris Petersen from Boise St. really intrigues me.