Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. I need BC to win for my bowl pick 'em so you know who I'll be rooting for! ;)
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I have a feelin' you may have a safe pick there. Oh, and if you guys hear a lot of screaming for DJ Moore, that's me so don't talk bad about me, mkay? :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as you convince him to tell every team not named the Titans to pass on him during the draft.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

How was it TH? Did you hear D.J. Moore declared in a post-game interview with ESPN? Boston College may have screwed me out of some money.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:48 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJisaGOD!

I heard rumors of that as I was leaving the stadium, but no one knew if it was true or not. Stoked to learn that it's true! I thought he had an excellent game. Which brings me to...

I nearly had a ******* heart attack when he injured his ankle on that INT play. It was an unbelievable play though! DJ was in a deep zone and the BC receiver ran a slant route. So the receiver was in front of him, and I thought he was gonna be out of position. The BC QB passed to the receiver, and all of the sudden DJ was on him, deflected the ball towards one of his teammates, and the ball was INT. It was crazy! The Vandy fans went crazy, but I kinda just sat and clapped after seeing a good play. But, I was the first and maybe only one who was paying attention to the players leaving the field, and I saw DJ hoping on one leg to the sideline. So while all the Vandy fans were celebrating and high-fiving each other, I was the one guy screaming, "DEEEEE JAYYYYYzzz!!! NoesZZzZz!!!"

Needless to say, I was hella relieved to see DJ come back into the game for a few more plays, but he was eventually taken out around the mid-3rd QTR. Boy is this kid good. He's not a Titans CB though, but that isn't necessarily a knock on him. I'm just saying he's not a Finnegan, Harper, or a King and possesses that physicality that those guys have. But, PacMan wasn't that kind of CB either, and that's who DJ reminds me of. Not the most physical guy, but is lockdown in coverage and will come up and make the tackle when he needs to. DJ is a better tackler than PacMan too. We all know how good PacMan would have been if he wasn't a headcase, and if DJ is that caliber of player in the NFL, then we'd have a stud.

The game itself was a lot of fun. BJ Raji really impressed, and though I've heard a lot of this Herzlich LB from BC, he was invisible for most of the game - at least until he was called for two consecutive personal fouls that put Vandy in position to kick their GW field goal.

But God was it cold...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Tennessee basketball is in for a loooong season.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The team isn't having the same success as last season, but hopefully taking their lumps early will pay off later.

Also, I have news of the awesomeness variety!

Lane Kiffin and wife give birth to baby boy, named Monte Knox Kiffin!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
UT hires Alabama linebackers coach Thompson
By Drew Edwards (Contact)
Originally published 01:48 p.m., January 15, 2009
Updated 04:27 p.m., January 15, 2009

Tennessee added another high-profile recruiter to its staff on Thursday, a source close to the situation confirmed.

Alabama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson is expected to join UT coach Lane Kiffin's staff, perhaps as linebackers coach.

Thompson, 43, was named Rivals.com's recruiter of the year in 2008 for his efforts in helping the Crimson Tide land the recruiting Website's No. 1-rated class last year.

Thompson recruited primarily in South Alabama and helped the Tide land wide receiver Julio Jones, the SEC's freshman of the year in 2008.

According to Rivals, Thompson recruited 10 of Alabama's 32 signees last year.

"I appreciate this recognition from Rivals, but it should really go to our entire staff and to the University of Alabama," Thompson said at the time through Alabama's media relations office.

UT's plane spent part of Thursday in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and returned to Knoxville early Thursday afternoon.

The Vols have room for at least two more coaches, depending on the status of running backs coach Stan Drayton, the only remaining member of last year's staff.

Thompson has been at Alabama since January 2007, although the Georgia native also coached the defensive line there from 1999-2000.

He was a member of Nick Saban's LSU staff in 2002 and 2003, serving as the Tigers' assistant head coach in charge of recruiting for one year before becoming defensive coordinator at UCF from 2004-06.

Thompson's longest stay was at Georgia Tech, where he was a graduate assistant from 1988-89, a volunteer assistant from 1990-91 and director of football of football operations from 1992-94 before becoming an on-field assistant in 1995.

All told, The Citadel graduate spent 11 years on the staff at Georgia Tech.
2008 Recruiter of the year, and has brought in a couple of 5-star recruits for Bama this year. Certainly an excellent hire by Kiffin!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, next years draft class should be sick.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm calling it right now. Next season, we're gonna have the #1 recruiting class in the SEC. Every coach that's been brought in, aside from Monte Kiffin, is an elite coordinator. Lane Kiffin, Ed Ogeron, the Purdue dude, Lance Thompson, and Reeves from South Carolina was one of their top recruiters. I think only the OL coach Kregg that Kiffin brought from Oakland isn't a great recruiter. Heck, I think we're the only school that currently has 2 Recruiter of the Year's.

I admit, I thought Fulmer didn't deserve to be fired. But, I'm STOKED about the future now!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Damn, I said next years draft class meaning recruiting class. I'm an idiot!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Here's my current Vols depth chart:

QB: Coleman, Crompton, Stephens
RB: Hardesty, Creer, Poole/Freshman
WR1: Gerald Jones, Quintin Hancock/Ahmad Paige
WR2: Denarius Moore, James Green
Slot: Marsalis Teague, Nuke Richardson
TE: Branden Warren, Jeff Cottam/Luke Stocker, Aaron Douglas
LT: Chris Scott, JerQuari Schofield
LG: Vlad Richardson, Cody Sullins
C: Josh McNeil, Cody Pope
RG: Jacques McClendon, Preston Bailey
RT: Darius Myers, Jarrod Shaw

RE: Ben Martin, Chris Walker
NT: Dan Williams, Donald Langley
UT: Andre Mathis, Chase Nelson
LE: Wes Brown, Gerald Williams
WLB: Rico McCoy, Savion Frazier
MLB: Chris Donald, Rod Wilks
SLB: Jerod Askew, LaMarcus Thompson
CB1: Dennis Rogan, Marsalous Johnson
CB2: Brent Vinson, Art Evans/CJ Fleming
NB: Janzen Jackson, Eric Gordon
FS: Demetrice Morely, Nyshier Oliver
SS: Eric Berry, Darren Myles

This is the rough draft, but spring will give us a clearer idea on who'll likely start and who won't. Especially curious to see which freshman redshirt and which don't. Personally, I love Jerod Askew and think he can start at SLB day one. I hope Chris Donald can work his way into the starting MLB role, or at least get playing time this season. I wonder how the OL fits Kiffin's scheme. Vlad Richards should take over LG easily, but RT is up for the best man to take. Janzen Jackson is a huge get for us, and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over Vinson's starting CB spot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Looks like a pretty solid depth chart. The only thing that might change is at TE. I think Kiffin might tinker with moving Brandon Warren to WR. I've also heard slight rumbling of Aaron Douglas being moved to OT but that just might be someone starting a false rumor.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Thanks ya kindly!

I've heard the rumor about Douglas moving to OT too, but I've also heard one about him moving to DE. *shrug* I have no clue what Kiffin will decide to do, but thankfully TE recruits can transfer to many different positions easily.

As for Warren, I've heard about him moving to WR, moving to DE, or bulking up and staying at TE. I gots no clue, but I left him at TE for convenience sake - even if he's a slot receiver or something.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Just when the men's basketball team looks like they are starting to get it together, they go and lose to Auburn....

ugh.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

They're a big ******* tease is what they is! Grrrrrrr!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

This is a hilarious read guys - Kiffin's apology to Urban Meyer.

Quote:
But that's not all, Urbie. Iím coming into your backyard. Iím going after your recruits, and I swear to Pete Carroll that if we are bombing you by 40 and I have all of my timeouts with less than a minute left, I will call all three timeouts while Ed Orgeron power-bombs Albert the Gator and the entire team gets Kiffy with it in the end zone. I have never been more serious about anything in my life.

Anyways, I've got to run. Got a study session on SEC rules and regulations. Nu'Keese and Marsalis send their best.
:D

In NBA news, apparently the Grizzlies were wanting to trade for Amare Stoudemire (sp?). The Suns wanted Rudy *** (I love Ruday, but Amare is worth it), Hakim Warrick (Has exploded this season, so him an Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Ruday(!) would be rough), and Mike Conley Jr. (Oh hell to the naw). Basically trade the future of the franchise aside from OJ Mayo for one player. Amare is a beast, but I'm glad they passed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I haven't been following the Grizzlies. How are they dealing having Conley and Mayo at the same time?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

They're managing well for a freakishly young team. They've been playing Conley at PG, Mayo at SG, and Rudy Goulet at SF. Conley actually just earned the starting spot away from Kyle Lowry, so if we did deal Conley, it wouldn't be a big deal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

TH! I created a profile over at VN finally. I'd been lurking there for a while. I saw one of your posts and figured I should just go ahead and sign up.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Righteous! Righteous!

Same name? What post of mine did ya find, lol?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah. Same name and avy and sig. I saw you in the NFL potential thread in the recruiting section mixing it up so I figured I'd join as well. Hawk is a member over there as well. Don't know his handle though. We could start a DraftCountdown revolution!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

DC Revolution FTW!

Lol, I remember that thread! After seeing guys list half of the Vols draft class as future NFL picks, I couldn't help myself...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

God. Tennessee couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives today. The 3 point buzzer beater was basically poetic justice.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Vols are wearing Black uni's tonight! :D

Also, cool news on Dan Williams:

Quote:
Dan Williams began spring practice as Tennesseeís first team nose guard in Volsí new defensive system, not a tackle. Instead of lining up across from the offensive guard, the nose guard will line up off one of the centerís shoulders. The position is expected to be easier to learn than in the previous system.
He's gonna be the anchor - no surprise there. We need to get someone to create us a Dan Williams banner in order to advertise his greatness! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.