Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-27-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm very much a Titans homer. But, I do have other teams that I like, and they chance every year. I play a lot of fantasy football too, so I get interested in other teams too.

I have a good friend who is a Hurricane Katrina refugee, and he's a big Saints/LSU fan. So I root for them, especially now that they drafted Meachem. I rooted for Al Wilson and the Broncos the year Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. I love Chad Johnson, so I watch the Bengals when I can. I also like Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning, so the Colts are tolerable. ;) I like Tomlinson too, but kinda neutral the Chargers.

I guess I like teams based on the players I like. I think I can say that even if I didn't live in Tennessee, I would still be a Titans fan based on Vince Young.
MANNING?!
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. He's a Vol, after all. Him and Dungy are why I don't hate the Colts with a passion. Which gives me more hate to expend on the Jags and Texans. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans.
The Lions because I enjoy watching trainwrecks. No matter what that team does they'll never be above .500 and it's hilarious. If they ever make the playoffs I'll probably caring but until then it's a blast.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good article here on the Vols and their problems:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2007/...have-concerns/
Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the Vols aren't very problematic today!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

CBS' HD channels freakin blow chunks. I was watchin the game today on a 52" Samsung 1080p and it was blurry as hell. Switch it to something like ESPN HD and it was crystal clear.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Fuzzy or no fuzzy, we stomped the Bulldogs! And if Florida loses, both Georgia and Florida will have 2 SEC losses. And Georgia and Florida still play each other, and Tennessee has played both teams.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I posted a Mock in the Mock Draft forum. I picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans. Earl Bennett was off the board (Sorry smitty) and I picked Kelly over Jonathan Stewart (Sorry Steph).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Tennessee 33, Miss. St. 21. It wasn't televised, so I have no real info aside from stats.

Scoring Leaders:

E. Ainge: 22-36 for 255 yds, 61.1% comp., 2 TD 1 INT
A. Foster: 22 rushes for 140 yds, 6.4 avg, 1 TD
L. Taylor: 11 catches for 187 yds, 17.0 avg, 1 TD

Chris Brown also had a TD catch. And Vandy is currently taking it to Georgia.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I watched it. Defense was TERRIBLE in the 1st half. We couldn't tackle for ****. Did much better in the 2nd, but they still moved the ball somewhat.

Offense looked good. Ainge was sharp and the INT was on a play where the WR and DB were 1 on 1 and he just threw a fade route and the DB outjumped the WR.

Austin Rogers is a bum. He dropped a TD pass where there was noone within 5 yards of him. Hit him right between the numbers. He is terrible at catching the ball. Multiple drops every week it seems.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

17-41... I feel sick...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I posted a Mock in the Mock Draft forum. I picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans. Earl Bennett was off the board (Sorry smitty) and I picked Kelly over Jonathan Stewart (Sorry Steph).
I'd cut off one of my toes if we could get Jonathan Stewart. Enough of LenWhale. We can use Henry as a punt returner.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Where is Ben Martin? Tennessee's front 4 can't get a pass rush to save their lives...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

The pass rush isn't great, but right now the biggest problem is the pass coverage. And it doesn't help that we are playing extremely soft on the outside to help cover their deficiencies which is completely backfiring.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Pass rush and pass coverage go hand in hand. We have 2 freshmen starting in the secondary, and if the QB gets 5 seconds to throw it, they'll be successful. Vinson doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, and he's soft in his physicality and coverage.

I don't know how we won tonight...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree they go hand in hand but the problem tonight was the coverage. Our linebackers are useless when they drop back. Look at how many throws went to the middle of the field, then look how WIDE OPEN the middle was. Jerod Mayo looked like a damn fool on that 4th down play in the end zone. It was a blatant pass interference and we are lucky it wasn't called. He never even knew where the ball was.

And onto our corners. Big problems there. We play them 10 yards off very frequently and Blake Mitchell saw that and attacked it. Then on the occasion that we do put them up on the line in press, they get whipped. Look at the Willingham forced fumble that we recovered. The receiver ran a slant, Willingham tried to jam him and completely whiffed. Luckily he didn't give up on the play.

Another thing I noticed with our corners is that when we play them up, they bail on routes immediately. They don't even go into their backpedal. As soon as the receiver starts his route, they would turn and run which is great if the WR is running a deep route, but there is NO WAY you can stop underneath routes if you turn your hips and bail on it that quickly.

We were very lucky that our secondary wasn't exposed more than it was. Mitchell misfired on alot of throws to open WR's downfield.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

By the way all of those issues that I talked about are technique related. I'll let you figure out where that comes from.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Chavis isn't making himself look good at all out there. I wish he was more passionate. When Auburn beat Florida, their DC was all over the sideline yelling and clapping. Whenever a positive play happened, he jump up and down and pump the defense up. Meanwhile, The Chief is relaxing on the sideline and hoping they'll be ok.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Larry Slade is terrible also.

Don't you get a lil tired of Cutcliffe's Horizontal Offense, too? I mean, he has improved Ainge since he got here, but the offensive playcalling seems awful conservative. We have to run the safest routes in the country. Everything is a 5 yard out, or a comeback, or a swing route by the HB, or even a drag route. We throw 1 fade to Lucas Taylor per game it seems.

Every aspect of our team just seems so conservative and soft it drives me insane. Conservative on offense, conservative on defense, ****** on special teams (except tonight), soft on both lines of scrimmage.

Quote of the day from Fulmer - "There won't be a letdown in this game"

Ok Phil whatever you say. I think the sign of bad coaching is that we are terrible after halftime when the other teams have a chance to adjust.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I also thought it was hilarious when after the game Phil said "The defense kept us in the game"

What the hell was he watching?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Phil's one liners are great. I remember the comback at LSU. It was the first game back for LSU after Katrina, and the place was crazy. Ainge was cracking, so Rick Clausen was put in and he led us to a comeback. Then after the game, Fulmer was interviewed and said the Clausen leading the comback against his former team was the top story in football right now. Afterwards, commentators everywhere trashed him for not mentioning Katrina, LSU's character, or anything. Fulmer lives in his own world.

Who is Larry Slade? The DB coach? The playcalling in conservative, but it has to be. Lucas Taylor seems to be our only quality receiver, and everyone else are average at best. I don't understand why we don't hammer the ball when we have 3 quality backs. But, it's an improvement over Randy Sanders so I'm ok with it. Besides, we've put up a lot of points this year with less than stellar offensive talent. If only our defense would prevent the other team from putting up 40+.

Also, if Arian Foster fumbles on one more crucial point in a game, I'ma go crazy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

good lord, the vols have no place being anywhere near the SEC championship...
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Montario Hardesty needs more carries. But he may have gotten injured last night cause I remember him limping off.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Eric Berry is our best defensive player as a freshman. just think when he's a junior or senior.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

lamarcus coker was dismissed from the team. apparently he failed his FOURTH DRUG TEST...