Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis has 818 yards and 7 touchdowns, 5 yards per carry, and 10 catches for 71 yards with only one fumble lost.

Drew Brees has 2224 yards, 12 TD's and 7 INT's, 68.4 completion percentage with 8.5 yards per throw.

Albert Haynesworth is really my MVP to this point, but I think it's Drew Brees if not, because of the receiving core and blocking he has dealt with thus far.

Colston has 3 catches in the first game of the season, and didnt play until this week where he had a splint on his hand and couldnt haul in one pass.

Shockey has been out for a few weeks until this week.

David Patten hasn't played since week 2-3?

Deuce just started to really get carries 2 weeks ago.

We basically had Reggie Bush, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Billy Miller, and Mark Campbell. We actually dressed 3 receivers one week.

Drew has been amazing though, racking up yards and keeping a terrific completion percentage, despite average line play, and subpar receivers for the most part.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That's a joke right? We'd be winless, and it wouldn't be close. You expect Mark Brunell, Lance Moore, Mark Campbell, and Billy Miller to win with a mediocre defense?

I know you want to make a case for Portis, but saying we'd be 3-4 without Drew Brees is downright ********, and should be ban worthy.
Why? Brunell actually looked like the old Brunell in pre season. I know that doesn't mean a lot but the game planning would have been different and the game wouldn't have all been in MB's hands... They have so much talent on that team offensively that I think they could be 3-4 with just about any 2nd string QB in the league regardless of injuries...

I could care less about making a case for Portis the proof is in the pudding. The Skins are winning because of Portis and the same can't be said for Brees.. He has inflated stats because his D sucks and while very good, he still hasn't done enough, himself, to earn the MVP award IMO.. I don't even think he was the MVP of his team let alone the League.. Don't get me wrong Drew Brees is amazing, but Reggie Bush was the MVP of that team this year. He was their big play's and was the guy that stepped up when they needed something to happen...

We'll see how he does with his X factor out of the starting line up. I expect a drop off in production even with getting Colston and Shockey back... I guess we'll see...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees losing Bush would be like Portis losing Samuels. This is the tell if Brees is MVP worthy by how he performs without Bush.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Horton

:)

Honestly, I'd say Clinton Portis.

He's playing insane right now.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Trojanback02
Rookie

Trojanback02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd go with Portis, he's really showing himself to be great.

Don't flame me for this, but if Buffalo keeps winning and Trent keeps on performing well, I want to throw his name out there also.
Trojanback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanback02 View Post
I'd go with Portis, he's really showing himself to be great.

Don't flame me for this, but if Buffalo keeps winning and Trent keeps on performing well, I want to throw his name out there also.
I don't think anyone would flame you for that. As far as QB's go, he's a ways back on breesy, but definitely in the mix.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I would consider MVP right now.

Drew Brees - See how he does without Bush.
Clinton Portis - Keeps up pace and hes a lock. Absolutely undeniable.
Phillip Rivers - Record kills his momentum.
Albert Haynesworth - 6 sacks and anchor of undefeated team.

Honorable mentions:

Trent Edwards - Lacks flashy stats to be strongly considered but team success gets him here.
Reggie Bush - Him being hurt certainly kills any chances but how can you not atleast mention him? 42 catches (5th in NFL) with the overall production he provides is great. Special Teams, Recieving, and not a half bad running back. He's an all around threat but injuries and dominating categories shift any MVP talk away.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Clinton Portis as the MVP so far. He's the best player on the best team in the NFC in my opinion.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Clinton Portis. He is carrying one of the best teams on his back this season. Jason Campbell is nice and all, but that offense lives off of Portis. I was a huge fan of him in his early Redskins day, but it just kind of died off. I am glad to see him back on his game. He is on pace for what, 1600+ yards? Beast.

OPOTY: Drew Brees. I think this award fits him nicely right now. He is easily the best offensive player in the league this season and he is really putting on a show. I had him at number 3 on my top 10 QB list and thought he was an elite QB, like Brady and Manning (not same level, but still elite). What he is doing without his top targets is amazing. The reason I do not have him as MVP is because of the Saints 3-4 record. I cannot justify a MVP being on a losing team. And with the way of things, they might not even be 9-7 or 8-8. I dont know.

DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth. I was actually not going to pick him cause he I thought he got the award last season, but I forgot that he didn't. Cant believe it.

OROTY: Matt Ryan. Rookie QB leading a 4-2 team that was considered the worst in the league before week 1.

DROTY: Chris Horton. He needs to stop being so good so the Falcons can sweep this. Lofton needs to pick up some sacks or picks though.

CPOTY: I dont know? Chad Pennington? He is quietly completing 68 percent of his passes for an 8.1 YPA.

Coach of the Year:Dick Jauron. His young Bills team is playing like a serious playoff contender.

It was hard picking Dick over Mike Smith :/

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh, Rivers is playing so, so well. I hope we put together some wins for his sake. The pick on 1st and goal from the 9 that killed us against Buffalo was the first red zone interception...of his career.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:( Matt Ryan already has one. Stupid GB pick...

Yeah I want the Chargers to pick it up (falter against the Falcons though) and have Rivers make a run for MVP. He has been so good this season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees or Rivers
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Drew Brees or Rivers
Sig is too big....see guidelines.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Why? Brunell actually looked like the old Brunell in pre season. I know that doesn't mean a lot but the game planning would have been different and the game wouldn't have all been in MB's hands... They have so much talent on that team offensively that I think they could be 3-4 with just about any 2nd string QB in the league regardless of injuries...

I could care less about making a case for Portis the proof is in the pudding. The Skins are winning because of Portis and the same can't be said for Brees.. He has inflated stats because his D sucks and while very good, he still hasn't done enough, himself, to earn the MVP award IMO.. I don't even think he was the MVP of his team let alone the League.. Don't get me wrong Drew Brees is amazing, but Reggie Bush was the MVP of that team this year. He was their big play's and was the guy that stepped up when they needed something to happen...

We'll see how he does with his X factor out of the starting line up. I expect a drop off in production even with getting Colston and Shockey back... I guess we'll see...
ROFL, ok dude.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now Albert Hyneworth is the undeiniable DPOY.

And I would think that Brees is the OPOY, especially with what he has to work with. These next few weeks will define how great he is without Bush in the line-up.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Portis has 818 yards and 7 touchdowns, 5 yards per carry, and 10 catches for 71 yards with only one fumble lost.

Drew Brees has 2224 yards, 12 TD's and 7 INT's, 68.4 completion percentage with 8.5 yards per throw.

Albert Haynesworth is really my MVP to this point, but I think it's Drew Brees if not, because of the receiving core and blocking he has dealt with thus far.

Colston has 3 catches in the first game of the season, and didnt play until this week where he had a splint on his hand and couldnt haul in one pass.

Shockey has been out for a few weeks until this week.

David Patten hasn't played since week 2-3?

Deuce just started to really get carries 2 weeks ago.

We basically had Reggie Bush, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Billy Miller, and Mark Campbell. We actually dressed 3 receivers one week.

Drew has been amazing though, racking up yards and keeping a terrific completion percentage, despite average line play, and subpar receivers for the most part.
Exactly. Brees has been unbelievable.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
MVP: Clinton Portis. He is carrying one of the best teams on his back this season. Jason Campbell is nice and all, but that offense lives off of Portis. I was a huge fan of him in his early Redskins day, but it just kind of died off. I am glad to see him back on his game. He is on pace for what, 1600+ yards? Beast.

OPOTY: Drew Brees. I think this award fits him nicely right now. He is easily the best offensive player in the league this season and he is really putting on a show. I had him at number 3 on my top 10 QB list and thought he was an elite QB, like Brady and Manning (not same level, but still elite). What he is doing without his top targets is amazing. The reason I do not have him as MVP is because of the Saints 3-4 record. I cannot justify a MVP being on a losing team. And with the way of things, they might not even be 9-7 or 8-8. I dont know.

DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth. I was actually not going to pick him cause he I thought he got the award last season, but I forgot that he didn't. Cant believe it.

OROTY: Matt Ryan. Rookie QB leading a 4-2 team that was considered the worst in the league before week 1.

DROTY: Chris Horton. He needs to stop being so good so the Falcons can sweep this. Lofton needs to pick up some sacks or picks though.

CPOTY: I dont know? Chad Pennington? He is quietly completing 68 percent of his passes for an 8.1 YPA.

Coach of the Year:Dick Jauron. His young Bills team is playing like a serious playoff contender.

I can't argue with any of this.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
on pace for 1870.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there is talk about wanting Portis to go for 2,000, but I hope not. I'd rather not risk him running out of gas this early in his career just for a stupid milestone. I'll take 1500 yards and 12 TD's just fine so long as we make the playoffs, and next year he doesn't have a big drop off.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
ROFL, ok dude.
Good argument..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Portis > Brees. Brees' stats are insane, but guess what, his team isn't winning...that's what a QB is supposed to get is the W. I know it's a team game, but you can't give the MVP to a guy who's team isn't winning games. While I think he may be the most valuable player to his team without a doubt, the way the award is set up, isn't given to truly the MVP.

Albert = Portis > Brees

For me right now. It's hard to deny Albert, he's playing like a man posessed.

I know the Falcons need a LOT more wins to get someone in consideration for an award...but man John Abraham has to get mentioned in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now I would give the MVP to Portis but Brees is very very close. At this point it could really go either way.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Brees to be even considered for the MVP award, his team needs to at least make the playoffs. As of right now his team is last in it's division, so I can't see the NFL giving the MVP award to a guy who doesn't even make the playoffs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cant argue with any of this either. Off the top of my head I don't really know a lot of CPOTY candidates but Carlos Rogers has got to be up there. When people were looking at the drafts they still were debating if rogers was a bust or had a chance to prove himself this year. He had season ending knee surgery in late October and wasn't supposed to be back until midway through the season. He came back strong and has had the best season of his career playing like a man possessed shutting down some of the best Wr's in the league and making huge open field tackles. If he had better hands he would have about 3-4 picks and might make consideration for pro bowl.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MVP: Clinton Portis. . . .
OPOTY: Drew Brees. . . .
DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth. . . . .
OROTY: Matt Ryan. . . . .
DROTY: Chris Horton. . . . .

Tough to argue any of these right now. Coach may come down to the best record between the Bills & Falcons, but I'll lean toward Smith since the Bills were expected to be at least a .500 team vs. the Falcons picked to maybe win 4.

I'll throw Jake Delhomme in as my pick for CBPOY, but it will be a close race w/Chad. The nod has to go to Jake b/c of the injury and with Steve Smith heating up Jake may run away with this honor. I will also mention my deep sleeper - Antonio Bryant in Tampa. If he keeps up the pace he's at it would be a remarkable comeback from not even being in the NFL last year.

I'm still going to homer out on the DROY and pick Mayo. I remember making the homer pick in the O/DROY prediction thread on the condition that he get significant playing time in a complex Pats D. At this point he does not leave the field in any situation, which is more impressive than his stats alone. BTW, his stats are pretty damn good.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote