Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Right Now I would say

1. Portis
2. Haynesworth
3. Brees

I hate seeing a guy get the MVP when the team is just Average which is my problem with Brees.
I agree with that list 100% unfortunately, Haynesworth will never win it just because he is on defense and the voters really suck. Any sports voters who can get Roy Williams into the pro bowl truly sucks.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I would give it to Portis if he was running behind no offensive line and had no passing game to help out.

Portis might have prettier stats, but Brees' supporting cast right now is looking brutal.....

It will be hard to argue if the Aints make the playoffs and Brees cracks 5000 yards.
He still cranked out 120+ with his Chris Samuels out.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say, if it were my vote, I'd give it to Haynesworth at this point, but if both squads make it to the playoffs, the Saints and Skins that is, I think it would be a travesty to give it to Portis over Brees.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Cool, Brees has done the deal without Bush this week, and with no Colston, Shockey and Patten for a while, no Deuce in the beginning, and mediocre blocking throughout.

We haven't been healthy yet, even this week, Colston has a splint on his hand and can't catch, and Shockey is hurt as usual, with no Bush at all :-/
Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Brad Johnson pretty much locked it up today. It's not often you see a QB put a team on his shoulders and dominate like The Bull did today.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Good point, our undrafted 2nd year tackle took over for the 5 time pro bowl chris samuels and portis still cranked out another 120+ game.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Trying to use injuries and supporting cast isn't going to help Portis' case against Brees. Better stick to pretty stats.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trying to use injuries and supporting cast isn't going to help Portis' case against Brees. Better stick to pretty stats.
Hows this for a pretty stat?

Redskins 6-2
Saints 4-4

oh yah and this too,

Jason Campbell 0 INT
Drew Brees 7 INT

Yah, i think I'll stick with pretty stats instead of complaining that players were hurt.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Kerry Collins= 6-0

Collins>Portis+Campbell
Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

Quote:
Kerry Collins= 6-0

Collins>Portis+Campbell>Drew Brees
There I fixed it for yah
Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kerry Collins= 6-0

Collins>Portis+Campbell
Titans arent 6-0 because of Collins though. Where without Portis or Campbell...they would be no were. Same with the saints and brees.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

We'd be winless without Brees for sure. Not so sure you can say that about any other single player.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, the MVP belongs to Clinton Portis. Period.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSkinzFan View Post
Hows this for a pretty stat?

Redskins 6-2
Saints 4-4

oh yah and this too,

Jason Campbell 0 INT
Drew Brees 7 INT

Yah, i think I'll stick with pretty stats instead of complaining that players were hurt.
So, Jason Campbell's play also has been vital in their strong play lately? That doesn't really help Portis either. There are a lot of Skins that you can say have huge roles in their success, Moss especially this past week.

Drew Brees puts up huge numbers just about every week with the most inconssitent line ups week to week.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

Quote:
We'd be winless without Brees for sure. Not so sure you can say that about any other single player.
Thats not that great of an argument. You're saying that Drew Brees is the most valuable player in the whole league because hes led the saints to a 4-4 record so far? I believe a teams record and performance has a lot to do with who wins the mvp.. not a subpar team that is only .500 because their QB.

The saints are in last place in their division...Drew Brees is not the MVP.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

So two games is your argument?

So if Jason Campbell gets hurt and you drop two games, and we make up those two in the coming weeks, would that make Brees more valuable in your eyes?

I agree with the premise, but it's not like Drew Brees is putting up stats on a terribly ranked team, he's playing with garbage and has them battling back into the division.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not hating on Brees but when you are last in your division you don't get near an MVP award. MVP has always gone to best players on playoff teams. I guarantee a non playoff player will not win MVP this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd honestly give Portis the MVP at present because I do agree with you in regards to record, but Brees is running a close 2nd and two games either way would land it in Brees lap-here's why:

Look at what he has accomplished with what he has lost

Lost? What do you mean lost?
Here is what I mean. Let's look at the major injuries suffered my N.O. offense alone.

Bush for 1.5 games
McCalister for 3
Shockey for 4
Colston for 6

That would be the equivalent to Campbell losing
Clinton Portis for 1.5
Betts(after eating a Super Mario Power Up mushroom) for 3
Cooley for 4
Moss for 6

Portis is having a great year and the MVP, IMO, at present, but remember MVP is the player whom is most valuble to their team - don't look back Clinton, you've got a QB chasing you down.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'd honestly give Portis the MVP at present because I do agree with you in regards to record, but Brees is running a close 2nd and two games either way would land it in Brees lap-here's why:

Look at what he has accomplished with what he has lost

Lost? What do you mean lost?
Here is what I mean. Let's look at the major injuries suffered my N.O. offense alone.

Bush for 1.5 games
McCalister for 3
Shockey for 4
Colston for 6

That would be the equivalent to Campbell losing
Clinton Portis for 1.5
Betts(after eating a Super Mario Power Up mushroom) for 3
Cooley for 4
Moss for 6

Portis is having a great year and the MVP, IMO, at present, but remember MVP is the player whom is most valuble to their team - don't look back Clinton, you've got a QB chasing you down.
Well if MVP was really "most valuable player, many of the past 10 winners would not have won. Just like Shaun Alexander winning MVP in 2006. Take him away from that Seahawk team they are still a playoff team. MVP is very much about politics. Although with the media already favoring him I think in reality Brees has the advantage right now for MVP.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are playing at a very equal level right now, and it wouldnt be a surprise if one got it over the other.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carson Palmer?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are winless without and with Carson Palmer.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5,000 passing yards or 2,000 rushing yards...hmm. Tough choice. Portis just needs to hope that the Saints dont continue to win. If the Saints dont make the playoffs and Skins do. It's probably Portis' and Brees would take offensive player of the year. But if the Saints do make the playoffs, it's gotta be Bree's award.

There is a chance that it could go to Bree's regardless, though...because well, 5,000 yards is 5,000 yards.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Although in Today's pass friendly NFL in which offense has way more of an advantage over DB's I personally think 2,000 yards rushing is more impressive than 5,000 yards passing. You have to consider that Portis is doing this as a bruising back not an explosive back. He is getting towards 2,000 with getting 120+ every game of tough yards. This isn't Jamal Lewis in which he got 500+ yards in 2003 just against the Browns. This is Portis getting 25+ tough carries every game. I know they don't give points for that though, although I will say if Brees gets 5,000 that would be equally impressive given the type of players he has. Really I'd be happy with either winning. IMO neither will reach the milestones and Portis will end up with 1700-1800 yards and Brees 4300-4500, so if that's the case it's a tossup. Brees is more likely to reach 5,000 because Portis does get pounded every single week and also if they lock the playoffs they will rest him a bit so he isn't worn out. Brees though will be letting it fly to the end.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 10-27-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chargers surge then Rivers, if it is the Saints then it is Brees. I just don't think you can give the MVP award to a player on a mediocre team. Clinton Portis has a shot, but only if Washington wins the NFC East outright.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote