Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Alexander a Redskin?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/13/alex...isit-redskins/

Will he bring anything to the 'Skins or will he take 3 or 4 carries a game just?
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I don't care much for this signing at all, but obviously it's news any time you sign a recent league MVP. I understand Ladell Betts is slightly injured and Zorn coached Alexander to his MVP years, but still doesn't make much sense. From what I am hearing is that Betts injury is not serious at all. 1-2 week thing at most. I thought Rock Cartwright would be able to take those few carries fine. I would even be in big support of bringing back Marcus Mason off the Ravens practice squad as he knows the system. We need a 3rd down scat back to give relief to Portis. Alexander doesn't exactly fit that. All I know is that he better not steal any goalline carries from Portis. But hey who knows, if he looks any where near to what he did a few years back he and Betts giving relief to Portis could be pretty scary considering how good the run game already is. Too bad this couldn't be the Shaun Alexander and Jason Taylor of a few years back.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you need him Rock Cartwright is all that is man.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/14/r...haun-alexander

It's official. 1 year deal. Can't say I really care about this trade but hating Ladell Betts there can't be much harm in a one year deal for a former MVP.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we sign the Plack! Ryan Plackemeier baby! It only came two years late and through free agency and not the draft, but we got the punter I wanted all along. The Alexander signing can only have a positive effect, if he does well then great signing. If not, we cut him and we get Betts back. Win-Win situation here.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
And we sign the Plack! Ryan Plackemeier baby! It only came two years late and through free agency and not the draft, but we got the punter I wanted all along. The Alexander signing can only have a positive effect, if he does well then great signing. If not, we cut him and we get Betts back. Win-Win situation here.
I suppose but I agree more with st21 and would rather get Marcus Mason back cause it would be better to have a quick back to spell Portis.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, Marcus Mason is amazing, but then I would've been left in heartbreak when we had to re-cut him again after Betts came back. Shaun Alexander on the other hand, I wouldn't have lost a wink of sleep if he fell into a hole and died a week or so ago.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
True, Marcus Mason is amazing, but then I would've been left in heartbreak when we had to re-cut him again after Betts came back. Shaun Alexander on the other hand, I wouldn't have lost a wink of sleep if he fell into a hole and died a week or so ago.
Yea but we all know how hard Portis plays and he constantly needs breathers and for all the Betts haters I think he is a great compliment to Portis. Now all we have to bring in is probably an old turtle in Alexander, Cartwright or Sellers. None with ideal speed. That's why Mason I think would be much better.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everyone that Marcus Mason would have been a better pickup but I am loving Shaun Alexander down here in Washington D.C. I mean, I love Alexander, he's a great guy, and hopefully I'll get to see him play before Betts comes back and kicks him off the roster (assuming he plays like he did towards the end of his career with Seattle.)
Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I agree with everyone that Marcus Mason would have been a better pickup but I am loving Shaun Alexander down here in Washington D.C. I mean, I love Alexander, he's a great guy, and hopefully I'll get to see him play before Betts comes back and kicks him off the roster (assuming he plays like he did towards the end of his career with Seattle.)
Not only did he lose his physical skills but last year he just ran soft.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Not only did he lose his physical skills but last year he just ran soft.
not disagreeing with this. im hopin that he feels like he has something to prove coming back and taking this long to sign with a team. hes not going to get more than 5 or so touches a game for a good while so hopefully he makes the best of them.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alexander can't do any harm, I mean he's at least an average pass blocker and he can put up some yards when on his A game.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Alexander can't do any harm, I mean he's at least an average pass blocker and he can put up some yards when on his A game.
he as always been a bad blocker.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
he as always been a bad blocker.
Yeah thats what I thought, isn't he really soft?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a soft runner and a useless receiver, but he's not too bad as a pass blocker. Its contrary to what most people think, but I saw a lot of seahawk games during his prime, thanks to the ****** coverage of the NFL out here and he wasn't by any stretch a bad blocker.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He's a soft runner and a useless receiver, but he's not too bad as a pass blocker. Its contrary to what most people think, but I saw a lot of seahawk games during his prime, thanks to the ****** coverage of the NFL out here and he wasn't by any stretch a bad blocker.
He's a good runner when he has an o-line....... but who isn't :D
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN Reports that Alexander signs a 1 year deal with the skins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643513

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I see no harm in the signing. Betts is only out a couple weeks. Cartwright and Sellers can handle relieving Portis if Alexander doesn't do the job. At the worst, if he sucks we can cut him at any time this year even before Betts comes back. Regardless if he sucks we could see him cut within the next 2 weeks.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been done for like 2 years. I dont think he's going to contribute much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if this was completely necessary. I thought Rock Cartwright was a relatively okay option in the back field. Hes a little truck out there with his compact frame and speed. A less exposed and utilized back like Mojo and Sproles. I always liked him and Sellers and think both of them are under appreciated among most fans.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess he wont be hanging out at all the Bama games now.

Atleast he's finally on a team. How the mighty have fallen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I'm not sure if this was completely necessary. I thought Rock Cartwright was a relatively okay option in the back field. Hes a little truck out there with his compact frame and speed. A less exposed and utilized back like Mojo and Sproles. I always liked him and Sellers and think both of them are under appreciated among most fans.
no they are not you are fail

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alexander has, or had, great vision, so when he got the holes he was better than most who got the holes. But with most backs that have vision as their best attribute, he isn't gonna do much without an OL. Skins seem to have a good enough OL, he'll be a solid pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously why would they take away from Rock dude is a man amongst mortals.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

All the redskins have to do is trade for hutchinson and jones and hell be leauge mvp again....
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote