Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hire Floyd!!!! Hire Floyd!!!!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** can they afford all these guys? Unless Roy is on his last year of his contract or something.

I hate Dallas, I really, really do. Adding another selfish head case to that team may not be a great idea though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

So Romo and Williams likely won't play with each other for another 3-4 weeks.

Does Jones believe the chemistry will be there right off the bat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awesome, simply awesome. this made my day. why pay roy franchise money when we are rebuilding and need the premier draft picks at other positions of need.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the Cowboys game up a 1st 3rd and 6th for a guy they could have likely had for only a contract they will have to give him this off season anywyas? Ha, Jerry must REALLY want that title this year. And he just invested all this when the "wheels are supposedly falling off the bus all the way to Arlington?" Risky business mutant neck, risky business.

With that said, in perspective Dallas is loaded with talent, this bold move could work out.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! I'm So Pumped!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
That's a scary though on what MAY happen to the boys if there is a CBA.
I think it will be possible for the Cowboys to sign both Ware and Williams long-term.

I suspect TO will be cut either after this season or after next season, though Jones should have never signed him to a new deal to begin with imo (okay I'll stop harping). For him to see a 7M base salary in '10 or 7.5M in '11, might be unlikely. That is money that could go to Williams.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Yes! I'm So Pumped!
Why? You just added another selfish player who wants the ball on your team. You also didn't improve your porous pass defense either.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move for the Lions IMO when you think that their going to have a new GM and start to rebuild the team two first round picks is a good way to start.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Also, the Cowboys game up a 1st 3rd and 6th for a guy they could have likely had for only a contract they will have to give him this off season anywyas? Ha, Jerry must REALLY want that title this year. And he just invested all this when the "wheels are supposedly falling off the bus all the way to Arlington?" Risky business mutant neck, risky business.

With that said, in perspective Dallas is loaded with talent, this bold move could work out.
I've questioned Jones' personnel decisions all this offseason.

The big money deals he's given out, including to some older players (and I'm not saying all of those shouldn't have been done). Extending TO when he had one year remaining on his contract. Investing too much at the RB position.

I don't discount that Jones could have planned to get Williams all along, although it might have originally been thought to occur this summer (either as a FA or a pre-Draft trade). I think Williams can work well with Romo.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal for Detroit, I suspect Roy wasn't going to stay there for much longer.

These picks may help them rebuild, if USED PROPERLY!
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a nice move long-term, but I don't see it for this year. Roy is a talent, but not a great player by any stretch. The dude only has one year of above average production in his entire career, and has had a history of odd incidents and behavior. I just don't like this.

Not only that, but you get fleeced by giving up a 1st AND a 3rd? I just don't see the logic here. This adds another me-first guy to an already unstable mixture of players who seem ready to implode. The last thing we need is another guy complaining about touches because he only sees the ball twice a game. WTF.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Nice deal for the Lions, and if this keeps the Cowboys offense afloat while Romo is out and propel them to the Super Bowl, it could be worth it for them as well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Why? You just added another selfish player who wants the ball on your team.
Williams isn't that selfish, if anything he's been pretty restrained in his time in Detroit dealing with some horrid quarterback play ... however he should get the ball, he's a talent.

Not like a product of other players like that punk Patrick Crayton. Step aside for a real top-notch receiver, scrub.
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
My team has lost its mind.

<\3
We have the best all star collection of talent ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football Team, not so sure.

Would have been nice to see if Austin could have developed. Has been making some big plays lately.

But Jones can't help himself. Like serving beers at AA.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
This is a nice move long-term, but I don't see it for this year. .
You just gave up two first day picks and a later for a player that is going to Play now. How Is it not the opposite? I realize that Roy will be a good player there for awhile if they resign him and a replacement or whatever, but there is defiantly some mortgaging of the future here.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringing a Texas guy back home. A lot of cowboys fans aren't going to like this move...but this is what Jerry felt had to be done to be a legit Superbowl team. Now maybe it is overkill...but Romo has been locking onto TO and Witten the past couple of weeks...hell this puts Crayton back in the slot and keeps TO happy.

Think about this...the redskins showed the whole NFL how to shut down TO on the cowboys. Now are defenses really going to slide coverage his way every game?

Cowboys fans have to remember this is huge for defenses to gameplan against...we aren't talking about Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin as #2 options...we are talking about Roy Williams. This trade was done more for TO I think than anyone.

And as far as the picks go...Dallas has a ton of midround picks. In my mind they gave up a 1st for him...and moving down on the second day last year pay its dividends now.

Huge pickup for Terrell Owens. Probably not a happier man in dallas...except maybe Jason Witten.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Let's not forget that Williams is still in a contract year. He's out of the mess that the Lions are and will want to shine in Dallas, he's probably the happiest of anyone.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I've questioned Jones' personnel decisions all this offseason.
Just this offseason? This guy has no impulse control and no idea how to build a team.

I love Roy, I'd love him more if I thought Jones was giving TO a short leash but fact is Jones loves TO too much and has too much invested in him to let go if TO goes nuts.

So now we have an All Star receiving corps with one football, a broken QB and noodle arm Johnson. The D still lack talent up the middle. Have not found a decent SS, NT or MLB.

Fact is we had a guy developing into a two WR who was low key, not demanding and had talent (Austin). He made a few plays this year with very very very few opportunities. Not a finsihed product but still good enuff for an already talented Offense.

Crayton could have easily been made the #3 or even replaced by Hurd (before injury) but Jones threw money at Crayton last year before his recent downward spiral in his play (dropsies last 7-8 games). Now we are way over loaded at WR -- Detroit South!!

Stanback, Austin, Hurd, Crayton, TO, Roy Williams, Witten, Bennett, Curtis -- all pretty damn good players for their role or very talented.

The guy is like Richie Rich and he buys the shiniest object in the store whenever he can. The Steinbrenner of Football. I can't see a SB win with this move as it stands.

But it will be fun to see on Sunday.

Last edited by johnstonolb : 10-14-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me sick. I hate living in Texas.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonolb View Post
Have not found a decent SS, NT or MLB.
What's wrong with Ratliff? I really like that guy, he's played well this season from what I've seen. Wish I could add him to the Colts.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long until Roy Williams predicts the Cowboys are going to average 80 points?

Also, a key everybody is missing: Dallas now has Roy Williams...and Roy Williams. Tony Kornheiser is going to have a field day with two people with the same name on the same team.
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

One of them scores touchdown passes, the other gives up touchdown passes, lol.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the Cowboys will have TWO High-Profile Wide Receivers dropping three passes per game.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What's wrong with Ratliff? I really like that guy, he's played well this season from what I've seen. Wish I could add him to the Colts.
Ratliff is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! I love Ratliff. He is a better DE though for the 3-4.

I was one of the fannies clamoring for Shaun Rogers or Kris Jenkins to shore up the position..... or to patiently develop a real NT via draft. Neither happened and we signed a 4-3 NT like Tank.