Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default John Mccargo ----> Colts: TRADE VOIDED

per PFT:

Quote:
As it turns out, the Bills were involved in some trade-deadline maneuverings. But it didnít involve the player for whom Bills fans were pining.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports defensive tackle John McCargo has been shipped from Buffalo to Indianapolis. Compensation currently isnít known.

McCargo was one of three North Carolina State defensive linemen taken in the first round of the 2006 draft, along with defensive end Mario Williams (No. 1 overall to the Texans) and defensive end (now linebacker) Manny Lawson (No. 22 overall to the 49ers). The Bills selected McCargo with the 26th overall pick.

In two-plus years, McCargo had 25 games appearances but no starts.

For the Colts, McCargo likely will be an immediate starter, given their struggles at the position. Quinn Pitcock, a third-round pick in 2007, quit football prior to training camp. Ed Johnson, an undrafted free agent, was cut after being arrested for possession of marijuana.

McCargo is signed for three more seasons, at salaries of $572,500 in 2008, $835,000 in 2009, and $685,000 in 2010.
It'll be interesting to see what happens when Mccargo gets his shot.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great underrated trade for Indy a young DT

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a helluva player that is lazy and lacks motivation. I was going to buy a jersey of his before the season started. When he was out there, he played very well. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact early with the Colts.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am excited too, but I want to curb expectations. Let's see how it goes.

I've done some numbers work, and think the Colts will get a 4th round (at worst a 5th) compensatory pick for Jake Scott, so that might help give the team the leeway to make a move now.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll make a bit of an impact but the Colts really need a stud DT and McCargo aint that. I couldn't believe he was taken in the first 3 years ago
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think he'll make a bit of an impact but the Colts really need a stud DT and McCargo aint that. I couldn't believe he was taken in the first 3 years ago
He is young and has all the tools to be that stud DT.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Anyone know what the Bills will get for him? Predictions?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably a 4th or a 5th
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm. I always thought he performed well. He should be a good player for the Colts who are hurting badly at that position.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

4th round pick according to Schefter
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember him doing some good things last season, although obviously he fell out of favor with the team this season. Of course, they were able to get Marcus Stroud from the Jags, which was a super move. And I remember them signing a promising depth tackle from the Vikings this offseason.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
He is young and has all the tools to be that stud DT.
Agreed.

He's got time, a change of scenery and the colts D scheme would very well benefit him.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
4th round pick according to Schefter
I like that. As I said, I think the Colts will get a 4th round comp pick, plus McCargo is signed through 2010.

Of course, hopefully he and the team makes the most of this opportunity.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm. Odd little move; these are the kinds of moves at the deadline I like, and not just because they got rid of a DT right before Ladainian comes to town.

This could be a good deal for Indy, it certainly smells like the Booger McFarland deal.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he was very clearly behind Stroud, Williams, and Johnson. Still very surprising to me. Not at all consistent and rarely fully healthy in his first two years, but not even Johnson could knife through the line like he did when he was on his game. Thought he could've been good, but Kyle Williams was the one to break out and I'm very happy with the three guys we have there at the moment.
I'm guessing Corey Mace will just be promoted from the practice squad now?

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 10-14-2008 at 06:45 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th for a former 26th overall. Call me crazy but I'd rather keep the young talented defensive tackle.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know how you could go to a team with Peyton Manning/Bob Sanders/Dungy/others and not get your act together and stop being lazy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the move.

I hope he makes a difference.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Dungy and that coaching staff will make him a winner.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I hope so, but motivation mainly comes from within I think. Hopefully he makes the most of this fresh start.

I suspect how he'll be used is on first and second downs, if/when he is active.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
He is a helluva player that is lazy and lacks motivation. I was going to buy a jersey of his before the season started. When he was out there, he played very well. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact early with the Colts.

helluva player? yes he has the tools, but so did Brian Bosworth
he was a 1st round pick who couldnt even get on the field over players who were brought up from the practice squad.
ive seen him make 2 plays so far in his 3 year career.

hes been injured constantly, and hes come into camp (and fined) each year overweight.
im kinda happy he got traded
Im happy that the organization is ok with admitting they made a mistake in that the drafted mccargo
this give possibly gives us a little ammo for possibly trading up this year in the draft.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's not even half the player Eric Foster is
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well apparently he sucks, since the colts picked up a DT to start over him

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Well apparently he sucks, since the colts picked up a DT to start over him
he's playing out of position, how the bloody hell do you start an undersized(yet ******* awesome) UT to begin with and put him at NT? Foster should be the starting UT in Indy, and he's the best ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he was that awesome he couldve played every position.

Jordy could, he just decides not to

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote