Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Vick to play pro football in 2009

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ufl/index.html

Just not in the NFL. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the UFL but it appears they are trying to really get the wheels moving for an August 2009 kickoff date. They have 6 teams already set up in LA, Las Vegas, Hartford, New York, Orlando, and San Francisco. They plan to go up head to head with the NFL except they will play their games on Fridays.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

come back to the NFL! the Bengals will take him.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Pac Man Jones, Odell Thurman, and Michael Vick all wearing UFL jerseys in 2009
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a solid move on the part of both Vick and the UFL. I watched the XFL and I might as well give the UFL a shot. Say what you will about Vick (I personally think he is a horrible QB) but he is damn exciting to watch.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care what league it is, I just love watching football. ****, it's the reason I watch Arena League (go Desperadoes).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this the one where Tim Couch was drafted in the first?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
come back to the NFL! the Bengals will take him.
A no we won't. Carson is our guy, not some dog killer. We have a real NFL QB, not some runner who plays QB. There is no comparison and I can't believe you'd even make a statment like that.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
A no we won't. Carson is our guy, not some dog killer. We have a real NFL QB, not some runner who plays QB. There is no comparison and I can't believe you'd even make a statment like that.
Vick could be utilized in multiple positions.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Vick could be utilized in multiple positions.
Yeah but I think he was implying that he play QB, or at least thats how I read it. BUt he would be an excellent H-back who can take a hand off or go out on a screen. Get him the ball in space and see what he could do. But as a QB for the Bengals, that will never happen, plus I think his lame attempt at a joke because of the Bengals past morons was in poor taste and even lamer in terms of humor.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I agree. Vick in space is lethal. I wonder where most people would rank him on a list of the top open field runners of all time.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I agree. Vick in space is lethal. I wonder where most people would rank him on a list of the top open field runners of all time.

Him along with Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders and Steve Smith could be some of the best in the open space. I would also put Devin Hester in that catagory if I could see him make the same moves after a reception that I see him make during a kick or punt return.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
They plan to go up head to head with the NFL except they will play their games on Fridays.
Idiotic move. They're making the same mistake the USFL made, only they're doing it right off the bat, as opposed to waiting a few years.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I can see Pac Man Jones, Odell Thurman, and Michael Vick all wearing UFL jerseys in 2009

Well, the way players are getting suspended from the NFL these days, this league could actually have some decent talent.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Vick has had way more playoff success than Palmer without half the talent around him.

I can't wait to see him back on the field. I'll always love Mike Vick.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Hartford team calls themselves the Whalers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Michael Vick has had way more playoff success than Palmer without half the talent around him.

That's because Vick also had a running game for several seasons...and Atlanta's defense was never as bad as the Bengals during those years. Vick's targets probably would have shined better if he could actually pass the ball consistently well. Not surprising Roddy White actually looks like a good receiver now.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That's because Vick also had a running game for several seasons...and Atlanta's defense was never as bad as the Bengals during those years. Vick's targets probably would have shined better if he could actually pass the ball consistently well. Not surprising Roddy White actually looks like a good receiver now.
I'd buy that argument, except we all saw how abysmally bad the Falcons were in 2003. In his first year starting, Vick took a talentless Falcons team on his back and led them to a playoff win at Lambeau, Favre's first ever postseason defeat there. The next year, he broke his leg in the preseason and the Falcons showed how bad they really were, finishing at 5-11.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:05 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post

Yeah, not like Roddy White was raw or anything. I mean look at all the success his other targets went onto have when they escaped the evil claws of Mike Vick bringing them down. Dez White, Brian Finnernan, Michael Jenkins, Peerless Price, etc.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing Michael Vick and Carson Palmer is really stupid imo. Needless to say, its like comparing apples and oranges.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Is this the one where Tim Couch was drafted in the first?
I believe that one was named the NFL.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Palmer with the 69.0 QB Rating who is 0-3 that Palmer.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Way to look at the big picture and not jump to ridiculous conclusions.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I hope the Hartford team calls themselves the Whalers.
Hartford? The Whaler? An opportunity like that comes along once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
You keep thinking that, its not even debatable to who is the better NFL QB. I guess though there will always be those people that bought into the whole Michael Vick experience. I guess your the same ones that didn't have a problem with him shooting dogs in the head with a pistol or the same ones who don't get offended that he drowned animals in a barrell of water. But hey, I guess he is better than Palmer in all aspects of life.

No offense, but you might want to give up argueing for a runner that played QB and a person that is lower than life itself. At least Palmer is a person of integrity, at least Palmer doesn't have to make excuses after 5 years of why he can't progress, at least Palmer goes into every game with the entire weight of a city on his back and never, not once made excuses or got mad at the fans for being upset. At least Palmer has respect for the game, his team mates, coaching staff and most importantly himself. But I guess you didn't know that because you bought a pair of sneakers and thought that a bunch of cool Nike commercials made a man and a player. But whatever kid, keep making yourself look immature and pointless.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vick will eventually be back in the NFL someone will take a chance on him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote